Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full color 600mw

Ok thanks for everybody and im continiouing my search to find suitable laser for amateurs.

The best way is still to build. There seems to be very little quality at the cheaper end of the market from what I've seen.

For a cheap green, I'd consider a purchase of a cheapie. For an RGB, I think building is the best way unless you can afford Kvant money.

Pity you weren't looking last month as 2 nice built RGBs came up for sale on here - 1 complete 500mw unit and 1 internals from a Neo Laser - 3 x CNI modules on baseplate and with sealed optics. If I'd had the money myslef...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ....For an RGB, I think building is the best way unless you can afford Kvant money.....
    Not so.
    I had "Little Stan" (750 mw Full Colour Projector) built to my own specifications by Stanwax at nowhere near Kvant prices.
    I don't posess the "m4d sk1llz" necessary to build my own projector but equally can't afford a Kvant projector (yet) and so getting someone else to create exactly what I wanted was a very affordable option.

As I said the best way is to build That's what you got Rob to do for you (and he makes an excellent job by all accounts).

All I'm trying to say is there doesn't seem to be any really good non custom built projectors that I've seen at the cheaper end of the market.

BTW, I'd have loved to have taken little Stan off your hands but unfortunately until the laser I have is sold I'm flat broke. I don't have any money to invest in this hobby unfortunately so its sell to buy.

I'm getting seriously tempted though into buying a cheap 30mw SHINP green or pair of greens (like the Maplin ones) and calling it a day at that.

Quote Originally Posted by illimaista View Post
    Ok thanks for everybody and im continiouing my search to find suitable laser for amateurs.
    Hi illimaista,
    I'm based in Estonia, if you need any help send me a pm.

Cheers

Lex

At $810, it is worth buying and then stripping down to sell the parts on!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Just bought it. It's a variance projector. Made in Eugene OR. $2,270. The guy bought it and never could rent it out. I feel sorry for him I think he bought it from the factory so I bet he paid like 10 grand.