Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasorb polarisation ?

Screw surface mount; I want it integrated with diode cans. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    If you decide to mark it, forget the"A",consider using a graphical diode symbol instead.
    (->|- something like this), just as easy, and even more obvious.
    Hehe... We actually had that first, and abandoned it in favor of the "A"...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Screw surface mount; I want it integrated with diode cans. 8-)
    THIS.
    789101112 that should fill the 15 character minimum.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    ... The last batch of LASORB we made did indeed have the letter "A" laser marked above the LDA (what you call "positive") lead. I am glad it's there, but I still would prefer people to refer to the package orientation in the datasheet as that is 100% definitive.

Bill

Funny thing, I just got a few Lasorbs and to my surprise one of them (4blue) is contrary to the data sheet.
    I was quite sure the LD is dead, but retried without Lasorb and it did lase. Then after some iterative debugging I found this miscased/mislabeled whiteish bug

So in my case the pdf definitivity factor falls closer to 66%

Piotr.K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ls1.jpg  

ls2.jpg  

ls3.jpg  

Last edited by LesioQ; 09-13-2009 at 12:44.

Sorry I thought this pic just had to be here (a Kvant 1.2W red from this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8849). Thank you Kvant for including lasorbs in your products!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Does anyone know what kind of diodes they use in those nice setups ?

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Funny thing, I just got a few Lasorbs and to my surprise one of them (4blue) is contrary to the data sheet.
    I don't think it's mislabeled per se.

We can't see the back of it, but I believe this particular one would have the "small triangle" on it rather than the letter A as we have done with newer ones.

In any event, the datasheet itself makes no reference to any markings, because these might change from run to run. The datasheet DOES make reference to a particular orientation which will not change.

If you have LASORB lying on its back, you will notice that the pins are either "up" or "down". When the pins are "up", then the LDA is the pin on the right.

There was one run that Ante did where the laser markings were "down" whereas most of the runs we have done have the laser markings "up". (In fact, now that I look at the picture that someone put up of this KVANT system, this too has small triangle on the down side as opposed to A on the up side.)

It's unfortunate, but, as I wrote, the datasheet itself makes no reference to markings -- only to an orientation. The only reliable method of determining polarity is by using the "orientation".

Bill