Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worlds Hottest Chili Pepper - AKA, Me making a bunch of silly faces and crying

In a related link from that video, some cooking channel tv chick got blisters on her tongue from eating a single piece of bhut jolokia. How did you fare (and based on the comments, was that a red habanero)?

Hey Everyone!
    Thanks for all the comments! I'd definately be interested in a PL seed exchange. Please let me know if anyone would like some. As for the exit end, just fine! I have an iron gut for hot food (been eating it all my life) Not so much for Taco Bell though. That garbage gets me every time! As for my brothers "Angry Beaver" comment... LOL! Sorry I didn't answer everyones comments individually, If I missed something, please ask again.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Very impressive Adam. I'm surprised over the taste comments....

After trying habanero peppers years back, all I could describe was intense burn, as I don't remember any pleasant taste associated with this.

I'll have to stick with serranos and jalapenos.
    After you get over the heat, peppers do have some very good flavor. This one is unusually sweet and has a berry like flavor to it. One of the best tasting peppers I've ever had. It may be the organic fertilizer I'm using. It's comprised of bat guano, worm castings and sea bird poopy.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    In a related link from that video, some cooking channel tv chick got blisters on her tongue from eating a single piece of bhut jolokia. How did you fare (and based on the comments, was that a red habanero)?
    I was fine after about 15 minutes. It was hot but no stomach cramps.

As for it not being Bhut Jolokia... Well, I bought the seed on Ebay as Bhut Jolokia and I received a package labeled Bhut Jolokia. I understand that this particular pepper in the picture/video looks nothing like a Jolokia pepper. Though my other peppers on my other plants from the same seed do depict Jolokia more so. Unfortunately I'm not a botanist and cannot prove or disprove this...

One thing I can say is that I have been eating peppers all my life and do know a thing or two about them. These taste nothing like habenaros and are WAAAAY HOTTER. I think they may be a hybrid of Bhut Jolokia and habenaro but I'm not sure of that either. The next seed I buy will be from a seed bank. I obviously cannot trust Ebay sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Hey Everyone!
    Thanks for all the comments! I'd definately be interested in a PL seed exchange. Please let me know if anyone would like some.
    Adam,

I am going to order seeds soon, actually I was going to go pick them up in person. I the last order I made got lost... But the NM Chile Pepper Institute has tours I found out, I need to schedule an appointment but if you want anything in the catalog let me know (otherwise it is a $15 minimum order) http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/...stitute-c.html. I also will be going to the Hatch Chile festival this weekend and I will see if I can find any there, that is if I survive the chile eating contest (if I dare).

My dad had one Bhut last year but aphids killed it . I have had luck with hydroponic habaneros last year (moved so none this year). I will give both dirt and hydro-organic bubbling buckets a try for bhut's next spring.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Default not too far off topic......

By the way, the farmer says they can grow up to 18" long!
    Sort of brings tears doesn't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails peckerpepper.jpg  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Adam,

I am going to order seeds soon, actually I was going to go pick them up in person. I the last order I made got lost... But the NM Chile Pepper Institute has tours I found out, I need to schedule an appointment but if you want anything in the catalog let me know (otherwise it is a $15 minimum order) http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/...stitute-c.html. I also will be going to the Hatch Chile festival this weekend and I will see if I can find any there, that is if I survive the chile eating contest (if I dare).

My dad had one Bhut last year but aphids killed it . I have had luck with hydroponic habaneros last year (moved so none this year). I will give both dirt and hydro-organic bubbling buckets a try for bhut's next spring.

-Adam
    Yeah, aphids tried to kill mine too. Fortunately a little dish washing detergant and water did the trick. I may take you up on getting me some "Genuine" seeds. Let me know when you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    By the way, the farmer says they can grow up to 18" long!
    Sort of brings tears doesn't it?
    LOL! Now that will definitely make an "Angry Beaver".