Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasever High Power Lasers

Default I am assuming that the humidity was an issue with this unit

Thanks for the reply.
    Do my photo links work?

The offending part seems to be that piece of aqua -tinted filter glass I assume is for IR.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    "Copy"
    I would also like to point out in defense of all the Chinese laser guys, theres only so many ways to build one of these things, the fact that all DPSS greens look very similar inside is for a reason... theres generally only one way to do these things...

also bridge is that a 1W 640nm laser?!

Default Errr, I guess I should have started a new thread

t seems I have posted in the middle of another discussion....Administrators, please feel free to move this to more fertile soil....

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceTheLight View Post
    t seems I have posted in the middle of another discussion....Administrators, please feel free to move this to more fertile soil....

This is not LPF, admin is admin, and there is only one. He will not move things at all, not his way. This should have been its own thread. You have a glass filter damaged there by exposure to excess heat and humidity. Way, way too much heat and humidity, what I'm seeing is that the glue migrated and damaged the filter. Which means your laser is most likely undercooled in your projector. considering this is the first case where I have seen a filter crazed like that, and not just simply cracked, something is very wrong in your heat sinking and the laser looks not to be sealed.

Pop it off with a pair of pliers while NOT producing any stress on the resonator its mounted in, and get on with your life. Its a BG type glass filter, and it sells for around 20$ on ebay. Just do not get exposed to the beam down range as you are now radiating IR as well as green. How much IR depends on the quality of the laser, and I have no way to guess, so assume its a hazard to your eyes until you replace the BG39.

As for your post on Alt.lasers, Chinese vendors, with 1 small exception, almost never contribute repair tips on their products. It does not happen, because it aids their competition.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default Thanks for your advice

I bought this laser about 2003 or 2004 but never used it in a projector. I played around with it a bit in my basement. It has less than 50 hours on it and was working perfectly 2 years ago. .... it is possible it got warm in the trunk of my car.... more likely that there was some humidity....

Anyway, I found one on ebay for $3 with $2 shipping, hopefully not some sort of defective reject.

....I was hoping to hear from Lasever about this..... I emailed them but no answer yet.

What glue? cyanoacrylates? epoxy?....

Anyway, thanks for your help... when I get the filter, find the space and time to work on this, I will post result if any lol.....

=8-]

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

....I was hoping to hear from Lasever about this..... I emailed them but no answer yet.

What glue? cyanoacrylates? epoxy?....

Anyway, thanks for your help... when I get the filter, find the space and time to work on this, I will post result if any lol.....

NOT CA, and only a few epoxies. You need to watch so that you do not outgas from your glue onto the optics, and CA is used to "develop" fingerprints for forensics, so its out.

I use Loctite-Henkel Hysol 1C white, you can get a box if you order from McMaster Carr or Fastenal. Its a ceramic loaded ultra low outgasing 2 part epoxy. About 6$ a box.

A good 20 minute epoxy might work if you take care to not trap fumes inside the cavity.

That hard white epoxy in Chinese lasers is the local clone of 1c.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thumbs down Bad IR filter

Hi
    Sorry to jump in.
    Once I buy a laser with a bad IR filter (I think just paint in the front).50mW Green.
    It look like your picture, and I clean the surface just with Methanol and a Q-tip,
    And put another filter out side and work just fine.

Cheers,
    Eduardo

Default Thanks for advice on epoxy...

I took the filter out... I will look at it through my inspection scope and maybe clean it...when I get a chance....I am on the last 2 rooms of my house... We have been repainting since June... all is mess and chaos... I ran accross this laser now I am packing it away till the chaos subsides again.

Thanks for the tips and tricks......

I have quite a bit of nice junk that I will probably end up selling over the next year.
    I will be back to promote it...

Thanks Steve and others.