Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted information about CNI OEM-H DPSS modules

Quote Originally Posted by weartronics View Post
    Although the different modules may use the same case and the same pump diodes, the internal design of DPSS, SHG and any consequent problems are quite different for each wavelength. The power stability of e.g. 473nm is particularly sensitive to temperature fluctuations, so individual TECs for each component are common. Some other wavelengths e.g. 532nm are much less sensitive to this, so one TEC can be used for the whole module. This is a complex issue which is difficult to resolve for the outsider. You have to rely on the manufacturers specifications for the module as a whole - they are probably accurate.
    It seems a bit much to ask for the end user to set the temps on a 473nm system in particular, and most other DPSS lasers as well.. Is the pricing such that it makes up for the inconvenience/risk/shorter life?

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    It seems a bit much to ask for the end user to set the temps on a 473nm system in particular, and most other DPSS lasers as well..
    Actually, there aren't any internal TECs to set temps on. You can only set the overall module temp, with a user-supplied external TEC. I can't speak for the performance because I have never seen or used any of these modules, but I suspect that poor beam stability will restrict the use of these 473nm modules to light show applications.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Is the pricing such that it makes up for the inconvenience/risk/shorter life?
    When I inquired, in my opinion, no. Unless you are developing some sort of highly integrated system in reasonable volumes, the total cost including the laser head, some sort of baseplate/heatsink, TECs, power supply, TEC driver and diode driver comes close to the cost of an equivalent lab system (with better beam stability) anyway.
    Last edited by weartronics; 12-29-2009 at 14:07.