Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LaserBen issues

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I just never understood the significance before. I didn't realize that Ben intended to keep the money he spent making some custom aluminum parts.

Based on this new information, I think Ben owes Nexus some extra money. Ben's statement that "custom parts made for your projector can not be refunded" is clearly wrong. If Ben agreed to do the job, and later decided it was beyond his means to complete it on time, then he needs to refund the ENTIRE price. He's the one who couldn't finish the job. It's not Nexus' fault. Thus, Nexus is entitled to a complete refund in my book.
    I did not decide I was unable to finish the projector. He never told me a specific date when it would be needed by, and then he demanded that it be immediately returned (Shipped out the same day, I believe is the way he put it). Obviously, I could not finish the projector in a single day, so I sent him everything I had done up to that point, one part of which was the base plate which was designed for a red laser that ended up not fitting.

True, but up until this point DJ Nexus' posts were mostly angry rants
    That is all I got the whole time I was building the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Ben also became a paid subscriber which put him in the "in" crowd it seems.
    So I am not allowed to donate some money to help a forum I enjoy and makes me money?

Being able to control your temper and deal strictly with the facts is the *only* thing that matters. Well, that, and being able to admit your mistakes, and be willing to compromise...
    I don't know about the rest of the members here, but I never delete E-mails. Furthermore, I have had all PM's from PL forwarded to my G-mail account since early 2007, so they are all backed up there. I also do not delete PM's anymore. (I currently have around 4300 PM's stored on PL.) Finally, I do not do business over IRC, AIM, or any other chat or instant-message client. Protect yourself, I say...
    I have every chat and every PM and email between us.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    My big problem with this is that most everyone has jumped on the let's praise Ben bandwagon since he seemed to post something saying he intends to make things right.
    So me trying to make my previous deals right is not the way to go? I should just ignore those people?

I made that thread because I was tired of people like you or Sofrone posting statements saying that I had TONS of bad trades, yet you never posted anything showing what they were.

I made a effort to find anyone who thought they had been slighted by me and correct the problem. So far, I have had 5 people say they are happy with thinks from me and one say that were not happy, but I had made it right for them.

If you want to complain because I try and make my deals in the past right, you have a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNexus
    The $81 is NOT what is due, here is why. Before sending my parts, I told him that my red laser was blinking and not running properly.
    Really, just like you mentioned in your first post?
    My red DPPS was destroyed in shipping unfortunately
    You told me the laser was low power, not that it was totally dead and outputting less then 1mW like it showed up. Then, you chose to make false comments to hurt my public image.
    Well, I guess I could only hope that wouldn't be the case. Laser harvesting. Tragic
    You claim I contacted you AFTER reading these posts, you did not try and contact me BEFORE posing this thread, you did not contact me BEFORE posting that the Dichros were not there.

I will refund the cost of the second shipping, because that was my fault. I will not refund the aluminum or case, because those were made for your project which was not completed because you decided you wanted it back, not because I told you I could not do it on time.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Cool

Ben;

Did you send him the aluminum plate when you sent all the other items? If so, then Nexus, I think you need to let that one go.

As for the shipping, Nexus is correct, he shouldn't be charged for it. However, Ben has agreed to pay that. So once he does, we're all good on this, right?

So now, instead of arguing over $52, we're arguing over a $37 hunk of aluminum. And Nexus, if you have that aluminum, I think this issue is settled, don't you?

On the other hand, Ben - if you still have the plate, then I think it's only fair to either send it to Nexus or send him the extra $37. (You already agreed to send him the $15 for shipping.)

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    .... I was tired of people like you or Sofrone posting statements saying that I had TONS of bad trades.....
    Tons of posts about your bad trades, you illiterate little gobshite.
    And you only started the "Let lsabren sort out all his bad trades" thread due to constant reminders that you are/were a bad trader.

I kept out of that hoping that you would at last grow a pair and man up to your responsibilties but if you'd like me to continue to remind folks on every single trade that you attempt about how wary they should be due to your past trades that have gone tits up (and somehow always with poor ikkle you as the injured party) then I've got no problem with that, sonny.

Or pehaps you could keep your yap shut just a tad more and not poke sleeping bears.

well this will be fun since I dont have anything else to do. I am stuck in the Juror assembly room waiting for my turn to look at real evidence, lol

My problem is, Ben was paid for a job, it did not get done. If I do a laser show for someone and it does not go as planned then I do not charge them for travel even. Its my loss since I could not complete the task at hand.

So I am not allowed to donate some money to help a forum I enjoy and makes me money?
    I did not say that so dont turn my words around please.

I have every chat and every PM and email between us.
    Really, You seemed to not remember that Nexus tried to IM you several times

So me trying to make my previous deals right is not the way to go? I should just ignore those people?
    Once again, I did not say this. Trying to turn my words around will not get you anywhere.

I will refund the cost of the second shipping, because that was my fault. I will not refund the aluminum or case, because those were made for your project which was not completed because you decided you wanted it back, not because I told you I could not do it on time.
    Ben, the aluminum price needs to be refunded, I really dont care if he has it or not. You were paid for a Job, even though it was extremely discounted you still agreed to do it. There has to be a reasonable ammount of time you should expect it to be completed it (put yourself in the other persons shoes). If I were to order some custom fabric or mirror set for a client and the show did not go on as planned or discussed then guess what, I refund or do not charge anything for the show.

Unless you can start producing screen shots of all the conversations you had with nexus explaining that you were building this for a deep discount and that any and all work done was non-refundable then you have nothing to convience me.

I disagree. There was no proof until DJ Nexus posted the message above. I've seen parts of that message before, and I believe the figures are accurate. I just never understood the significance before. I didn't realize that Ben intended to keep the money he spent making some custom aluminum parts. In my opinion that is wrong. (I initially thought the missing money was to cover shipping.)
    Ahh, agreeing to disagree

Based on this new information, I think Ben owes Nexus some extra money. Ben's statement that "custom parts made for your projector can not be refunded" is clearly wrong. If Ben agreed to do the job, and later decided it was beyond his means to complete it on time, then he needs to refund the ENTIRE price. He's the one who couldn't finish the job. It's not Nexus' fault. Thus, Nexus is entitled to a complete refund in my book.
    True, but up until this point DJ Nexus' posts were mostly angry rants with little to no useful information. Thus, it's only logical that Ben would receive more support. (It's very hard to see someone else's side of an issue when they are screaming about it.) Now that Nexus has calmed down and clearly stated the meat of the issue, it's easy to see that he really does have a valid point.
    I saw the valid point right from the start, why, because I just simply dont trust Laser Ben (sure I can be biased). I recently had a laser I knew he would most likely want and could probably have gotten more money than I got for it but I decided to go with what I felt was the safe route.

There is *zero* basis for this accusation. SmogtheMog is *also* a paid subscriber, yet he and Ben both got into a nasty argument not too long ago over a trade gone bad. Being a paid subscriber has nothing to do with it.
    There was no member status back then if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong.

Being able to control your temper and deal strictly with the facts is the *only* thing that matters. Well, that, and being able to admit your mistakes, and be willing to compromise...
    Yep, which is why I say I only have an opinion in this matter. Theres not enough facts that I can process to make a real thought on this.

I don't know about the rest of the members here, but I never delete E-mails. Furthermore, I have had all PM's from PL forwarded to my G-mail account since early 2007, so they are all backed up there. I also do not delete PM's anymore. (I currently have around 4300 PM's stored on PL.) Finally, I do not do business over IRC, AIM, or any other chat or instant-message client. Protect yourself, I say...
    Well you know me, every business dealing call, IM or anything else is recorded to the utmost extent. My computer keeps video logs and I hold on to them for years and years. When I need to make a business deal while I am at my day job then I RDP into my computer at home.

True. Many of us had positive experiences with Chuck, so it was very hard to believe that he was capable of screwing someone over. (Especially when he had done work for *free* for many of us.)

You confronted me with your evidence, and I had to concede that in your case, the proof was irrefutable. After that, Fluff's case sounded a lot more believable. And then Imagelight got screwed by him. And by then, it was clear even to me that Chuck had lost all credibilty. But it takes time for attitudes to change. You can't expect people to write someone off overnight.
    Yes, you never disagreed. Chuck was lying and I was able to prove it easily. Thanks for all the help with that

Also, sometimes people make mistakes, and then they make things worse by lying to try to safe face. I'm not saying this is OK, but a lot of people do it. It's a natural reaction. So long as they 'fess up and make things right, I'm willing to give someone a second chance... (Or even a third, in Marconi's case.) But eventually everyone's patience runs out. It certainly did with LaserNerd...
    Adam
    Correct, everyone makes mistakes. And most everyone deserves a second chance....... Including Ben

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Nexus-

while i am in no way accusing you of *any* wrong doing, i am inclined to speak up here.

ben, definitely has had his share of issues. and supposedly, lately he has been trying to right alot of his wrongs. but i find it hard to belive that you are attempting communication as much as you say you are.

you left *me* hanging while i offered you my free help to rebuild your projector. i did not take too kindly to that. i put aside a good block of time and heard nothing from you until i called *you* back to see if you were coming to see me. i offered you, in essence, upwards of $1,000 in free labor to help you and you did not have the decency to return a phone call.

i understand shit happens sometimes. and you probably had a fine excuse. but if someone was offering ME that type of help for free after supposedly being ripped off by someone else, i would at the very least had the respect of a phone call.

i would suggest you and ben sort this out in private. if he doesnt respond to you, then call him. if he doesnt answer your calls, send him a certified letter. if he doesnt respond to a letter, then sue him. if he doesnt have any assets to sue in small claims, then go to his house and have a little chat with him.

but i am (and most likely everyone else here) quite sick and tired of seeing this thread pop up. i understand your upset. but i have a very strong feeling there is much more to this story than what is being told here. and i really dont feel like reading about it from EITHER of you anymore.

-Marc

Marc, remember when you and Ruth called me up before you knew all that you know about lasers now, I offered to work on your full auto and projector for free. It happens to the best of us when we just dont trust a situation when it sounds too good to be true. Paying $200 vs. getting it done for free, most of us would probably pay $200 for the build rather than go the free route. Just pointing out where nexus could be coming from

Marc, remember when you and Ruth called me up before you knew all that you know about lasers now, I offered to work on your full auto and projector for free. It happens to the best of us when we just dont trust a situation when it sounds too good to be true. Paying $200 vs. getting it done for free, most of us would probably pay $200 for the build rather than go the free route. Just pointing out where nexus could be coming from
    hey george-

yeah i remember. i offered this help to nexus *after* this ben/nexus soap opera. I felt bad that it had happened, and offered i think here actually...for nexus to contact me. he did...quite a few times. and i always responded to him to plan a day. we set aside a Saturday to do it. After a show on a Friday night and before a DJ/laser show on a sat night. no call...no email...no IM...no PM...

i waited and finally called him. again, not a huge deal. but pretty "ballsy" to blow someone off offering to help you for free after just being ripped off. trust me...it was nice to relax instead of build a laser that day!

but yes, i do agree with you george. sometimes things are too good to be true.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Benny boy .... Dont listen to ol soforene ... he talks shit

Us "innner Circle Blue Name Boys" must stick together

ooooohhh dont know what happened there .... i came over all dizzy

What i meant to type ... was

I think this is time to let this go for both of you .... we are only talking about a few bucks now ... and I think that the lesson has been learnt for both of you

ben .... you have learnt not to undertake work without the correct budget / contract

Nexus ... you have learnt who you can / cannot deal with on this forum

BUT ON A SIDE NOTE ....

Ben you said
    That really made me cringe ..... you see this forum a way of making money .... WOW ....

i think that Robert (SPEC) would not be pleased to read that .... with the amount of dollars he has pumped into this place over the last few years

I never get the impression from any of our members that run laser related busineses that they use this place to tout thier wares or look at us as punters .... I know for a fact that the likes of ROB (stanwax ) has done a lot for members here either for free or at cost ... they never look at this forum as a way of making money ..... sometimes though just being genuinely helpfull does generate business as you gain respect.

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    That really made me cringe ..... you see this forum a way of making money .... WOW ....

i think that Robert (SPEC) would not be pleased to read that .... with the amount of dollars he has pumped into this place over the last few years

I never get the impression from any of our members that run laser related busineses that they use this place to tout thier wares or look at us as punters .... I know for a fact that the likes of ROB (stanwax ) has done a lot for members here either for free or at cost ... they never look at this forum as a way of making money ..... sometimes though just being genuinely helpfull does generate business as you gain respect.

all the best ... Karl
    I sell my items here, I make money off what I sell. If you think that is wrong, go tell it to everyone who posts here.

There is a BST section on the forum so people can sell their goods, a sort of marketplace, if you will. Spec puts a lot into this forum to keep it running, I have no problem donating to help keep it going. I do not see the forum just as a place to make money.

Oh, and for reference, I just refunded the second shipping cost.
    CLICKY!!!

Go ahead Ben, put the logs in a word document or something. If I could I would. I haven't been running and OS for the longest time. I have no programs, run meebo, can't download anything. Express gate on my Asus.

I'd like to see how many time you didn't answer me, and I'd love for you to really show everyone here how you ignored me.

As for this thread, I contacted you MANY times before I posted. Then, I finally told you I was going to post about this deal, still no reply. BUT WAIT!!!Once I finally posted it, he messaged me, ON AIM MIND YOU, where he said he never received my messages or didn't see me on....

You did decide that you couldn't finish it! What is with your compulsive lying?! Before I sent, I clearly asked when the time you could get it done. You said one week, two at most. The red laser broke, so we had to wait for that to get in. So we waited. That came in and then it went downhill from there. Communication on his part slowed. Responses were harder to get, but were still there sometimes. After waiting a few more weeks I started complaining about the time, as it had exceeded the time allotted that HE told me. Of course I'm going to get on his case when he says it'll be done in a certain amount of time. He then tells me that HE CAN'T FINISH it! It's taking too much of his time, and I won't get it in a timely fashion. This is when he stops responding, when I start complaining about his service, big surprise.

I told him the laser was blinking, not nearly invisible - Lies again from him

I PAID FOR A SERVICE THAT I NEVER GOT! Constitutes a full refund, but I was lienient on him. We both agreed a long time ago, (Ben apparently has logs to prove that I said this) that $150 will be refunded. That was never the case.

I actually do have comments I left on his facebook. I would have taken a screenshot from last nights chat, to prove it wasn't altered (other than myself taking out the numbers of our screen names) but I can't because I can't do jack on my computer without running an OS.

Originally Posted by DJNexus Well, I guess I could only hope that wouldn't be the case. Laser harvesting. Tragic

You claim I contacted you AFTER reading these posts, you did not try and contact me BEFORE posing this thread, you did not contact me BEFORE posting that the Dichros were not there.

Funny, I have these two messages, which were the last straw. I had tried to talk to him pretty much everyday with multiple messags. I posted this thread on 9/14. I was fed up, and everyone needed to know. I recommend that if any of you are friends with him on facebook to go look at these in his older comments just incase he decides to delete them and say I never really posted these.

Joshua Golas Hey, you really need to contact me. You're on everyday, and I need communication. It's been WAY to long.

September 10 at 6:23pm · Comment · Like / Unlike · See Wall-to-Wall

Joshua Golas You're always on AIM on your phone. Contact meeeeee

September 8 at 6:44pm · Comment · Like / Unlike · See Wall-to-Wall

I wish you people would understand how much I really contacted him and alllllll the times he ignored me. Ben says he has logs, I'd like for you all to see them. If it's IM log, the only way to alter it is to delete the whole thing and start a new one so the date is more recent, so Ben post that shit

I still need to be paid for a plate that is USELESS to me. Ben is the one that drilled my product wrong, when he knew the day he got my package the red was malfunctioning. It was his job to check that everything was running properly. Adam, it was drilled to the wrong laser just to reitterate. And what's the big deal about just drilling a new hole? I don't have access to any of that, nor should I have to! I paid him to do everything for me because he said he could/would.

What else do I need here to clarify that I did not receive the service or correct product that I paid for!

More - It doesn't matter about how much money it is. It's the moral behind it. And to say that I just learned my lesson for whom not to deal with on this forum? That is just wrong. It's like taking peoples money is ok, lesson learned, no big deal. No, that's not the case and should never happen, especially if forum members/admin can do anything about it (ban)

Marc - I am sorry for pushing you off that morning. I should have called you, I don't know why I didn't. Sorry for wasting your time, but glad you got a day of rest
    Last edited by Dj_Nexus; 11-09-2009 at 10:01.

I believe this sums up the issue now...

me: I'll tell you what, you send me the case, and every single other item I sent you back, minus the lasers and the dichros, and I will refund everything minus the $16 shipping

djnexus2008: No because now I have to build it somehow. I'm not going to just have lasers. That's no way to strike a deal. You said you have no use for the plate, neither do I. But, I'm not about to pay for shipping when you said you have no use for it
    CLICKY!!!

I would gladly send it back, if he paid for shipping of his knowingly faulty product.