Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserBen issues

Ohhhhh boy. I am fucking LIVID

Before he ships, WAYY LATER THAN WAS SAID THE FIRST TIME, he says EVERYTHING is mounted and aligned.

I get my fucking package today, and NOTHING is in place. To top it all off, MY DICHROS AREN'T IN THERE

How in the world can you get ANY MORE UNPROFESSIONAL AND CHILDISH? Un-fucking-believable

Stay away from Ben.

Also, I've asked for my refund when he shipped it last week. I have yet to receive it. I better get a full refund now, I was actually nice enough to toss him a few bucks for shipping costs, building the case, mounting and aligning everything.

ALL YOU DID FOR ME WAS SCREW 5 PIECES OF WOOD AND PAINT IT BLACK! YOU WASTED MY TIME AND A FEW SHOWS WHERE I WAS TOLD I'D HAVE BACK. BUT NO, I TOLD PEOPLE THAT HIRED ME.....THE LASER ISN'T HERE YET.

I'm actually flying out to California TOMORROW. I'll be there until Monday, BUT I'm thinking of staying an extra day and flying to upstate CA to pay him a visit. Why not?! I'm traveling from NY to CA, I can take a 45 minute flight to get my shit taken care of.

Thanks for nothing.

Default Laser Ben

I know how you feel, I bought a laser from him that was death on arrival and was not the specs he posted. It took me forever to get a partial refund from him I ended up buying another one and losing money.

I've deal with a lot of people here and I only had one bad experience everyone else goes out of their way to help.

Joel

djnexus-

i am really sorry this has happened.

you are in new york. i am about 1 hour outside new york city. when you get all your parts back, why dont you contact me and we'll get you up and running. you can come right to my house if you want and we'll get your projector built.

Ben-
    i have never taken sides with the hype against you, but it seems to me that you are ruining your own reputation. if it hasnt been ruined already.

excuses and "ansers for everything" will never get you far in business nor in professional relationships.

when people need to come up with answers and excuses and explanations it usually is proof positive that there were errors made somewhere.

i really hope you learn from these mistakes.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

it seems i also kind of got screwed through proxy by ben...

laser ben traded a coherent power meter to bridge (laserwave) for a 250mw 473nm blue laserwave...

it ended up getting traded to krazer, then i traded krazer a bunch of stuff for it... i don't have a power meter but it definitely seems like it could be doing 400mw... but then i contacted bridge with the serial number because his (laser ben's) post seemed vague and it didn't sit quite right with me... and he told me that they sent laser ben a 250mw unit... why does this matter? because its under warranty, and if anything happens to it and i have to send it back to laserwave, guess what, they are going to send me back a 250mw laser because thats what it was supposed to be!

here was the original post

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8672

as a 400mW laserwave, only $2800! (for a $2050 laser!) comparing it to a $3600 laserwave (aka a 400mW laserwave)

i think the way he sold it to krazer was outright dishonest and now i have a laser that i have to prey doesn't ever fail and hope is some "special magical" version that does almost twice rated power

I wouldn't worry to much about the Laser-wave unit, they are usually grossly overspec, by at least 30-40% and Bridge is a standup guy that will fix it if necessary, he has a very good reputation and I am sure you'll be happy!
    My Laserwaves: 70mW 473nm settles down at about 100mW and my 300mW 532 is a bit over 400mW after warmup!

I'm really curious if Ben's traded 2,5W halfnote system comes up to expectations with Smog.

Especially if you read how he 'tweaked' this cavity without...
    ...any precision instrument besides my fingers
    Meanwhile...
    ...he 'succesfully' replaced the pumping diode ?
    ...his workbench shows no sign of laminar/downflow facilities.
    ...planning to clean intracavity optics.
    ...clearly indicating earlier he has barely knowledge of TECs or digital logics.

Me too

Hmmm - This dosen't sound good does it

It was sold to me exactly as was written in his 'for sale thread' detailing it.
    If for any reason it dosen't live up to that spec then I will most deffinetly be in touch with him.
    Ben was happy with sending out the laser before the OPSL I had up for grabs, and ended up dealing with him for the Lightwave, was to be sent out to him. It still sits here in my house all ready to be sent off to him pending the arrival and check over of the Lightwave.
    Surely he wouldn't be THAT stupid to think he would get away with something untoward again.
    It was explained to Ben that the OPSL, for some reason?, wasn't doing the full output that it should have done and he was still more than happy to deal.

I asked for money, laser and shipping of both lasers either way, up front.
    I wasn't going to allow myself to be 'nearly' caught out again!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I'm really curious if Ben's traded 2,5W halfnote system comes up to expectations with Smog.

Especially if you read how he 'tweaked' this cavity without... Meanwhile...
    ...he 'succesfully' replaced the pumping diode ?
    ...his workbench shows no sign of laminar/downflow facilities.
    ...planning to clean intracavity optics.
    ...clearly indicating earlier he has barely knowledge of TECs or digital logics.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by dar303 View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much about the Laser-wave unit, they are usually grossly overspec, by at least 30-40% and Bridge is a standup guy that will fix it if necessary, he has a very good reputation and I am sure you'll be happy!
    My Laserwaves: 70mW 473nm settles down at about 100mW and my 300mW 532 is a bit over 400mW after warmup!
    I have no doubt that bridge is a great guy, and laserwave makes very nice lasers, but I have x product, if it fails, its going to be replaced with x product again... thats just the way things work... if my "250mw" laser fails, its going to be replaced with another "250mw" laser... that one may (probably) not be running 80% over the advertised spec like is being claimed this particular unit is doing... and even if it is, and laserwave just marks their lasers insanely low, it doesn't change the fact that this is a "250mw laserwave" completely regardless of its power output, a "250mw laserwave" laser, is NOT a "400mw laserwave" laser... if it was an actual 400mw laserwave unit by your 30-40% over spec assumption (which i do not doubt) this laser should be doing 520~560mW

my point has nothing to do with the performance of the laser or laserwave in any way... its the way it was sold, it was deceiving, in a used car salesman kind of way
    Last edited by flecom; 09-25-2009 at 07:03.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    my point has nothing to do with the performance of the laser or laserwave in any way... its the way it was sold, it was deceiving, in a used car salesman kind of way
    Par for the course wouldn't you say...

Thank you for your hospitality Marc It's greatly appreciated.

I have no doubts Ben is a good person with a bright future, he just needs to think of customer satisfaction first and not lag in responses.

Right after I posted, he replied and said the dichros and other hardware already went out. That he honestly forgot to put them in there. It's ok as I'll be gone for the weekend anyway so I couldn't build it.

The reason I sent it out to be rebuilt was because I did such a horrible job building it the first time. The first day I got my TTL RGB from Buffo, I reflected the red into itself That is why I bought a 671nm DPSS, so that wouldn't happen I'm pretty sure I learned my lesson and will be more careful in set up, and turn down the powers before hand. I just wish it didn't take this long to do nothing.