Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supertechshop

Angry supertechshop

This seller copied and pasted my description for an item that I regularly sell on ebay, even priced the item exactly to mine.

I politely emailed them and said to change the title and description so that it is not in my words.

This is the response I received:

"What a stupid idea! Did you take your medicine today?! You are the dumbest seller we have ever seen! First of all copying title and description of similar items is not a violation and millions of items are sold this way on eBay. Secondly you don’t own a title and description and you get the same information about an item that we do and you have no rights about it. Thirdly our title and description is different from yours and more complete. So, how about we report you?!

You better don’t send us more stupid emails or we will report you to safe harbor for disturbing our business! Got it?!"

I got their phone # and called them after I received this email. The conversation was not pretty. I would warn others to stay away from this seller and the other various aliases they use on ebay.

Which auctions may I ask?

Just curious.

coping of descriptions is against ebay policy but i have only found ebay to enforce that if its verbatim the whole way.

now it is easy to get ebay to yank an auction over a stolen picture. I get that done all the time.

Thumbs down

Supertechshop, SVLiquidate, SVCompucycle, and ustechshop all are related, but the relationship between them is a tricky one. SVLiquidate is run by the father of the owner of SVCompucycle, the techshops are run by another associate, but with sharing of products. The son who runs SVC is apparently a serious criminal, apart from eBay sales. This summer, the company I worked for did some testing of items for the owner of SVL, there were repeated mentions of possible harm which may come from the company should we have tried to screw them. The mention of breaking legs came up several times from several different people including the owner himself. A few of the items that we tested and found to be nonfunctional later turned up on their stores listed as tested and working but sold as-is.

My advice would be, just avoid them, it simply is not worth the risk of dealing with such dangerous, rude people, who clearly list items differently then the known condition.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

"TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

I bought two "635nm" diode bars from them on the off chance they might actually be red. Nope, got a dead bar that had been carelessly tossed in a plastic case and one that actually did work was in the NIR range. I did manage to get a refund but they weren't very happy when I opened a paypal dispute as insurance.

They relisted both diodes with the same description a bit later when they got them back.

Picture of the physical damage on the one diode bar:
    Click Image to Enlarge

I must be lucky, because very early on after I first decided to do some research on lasers on the web a long while back I ran across advice to stay the hell away from these guys.. looks like it was good advice.

WHoa, so dangerous. I looks through their items several times, very low price, very rare and interesting items but little information about the items. they never post information about testing the items. So these seller are dangerous. Thank you guys for these experience.

Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

You want their owner?

Shaw Roohparvar
    876 The Alameda
    San Jose, CA 95126
    (408)821-9059
    shahrokh01@aol.com
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)