Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4500mW RGB LASER UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Default 4500mW RGB LASER UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I am getting built a 4500mW RGB laser built by a company in China I am thinking of dealing their products.

They are going to send me photos of the laser being built and of each diode power output on the meter.

The laser is specified guaranteed as:
    45K scanner
    Red >3000mW
    Green >1000mW
    Blue >500mW
    TTL
    16CH DMX

Typical power 5.85W
    Free i-Show
    Free flightcase

I will keep this post updated as photos come in and then the evaluation of the laser itself.

Ohh Traxy muss ...

did i read correct .... does that say TTL ....

i wouild certainly rethink that one

all the best

Karl

Lightbulb

I would also swap that iShow for your Cypher software.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

You're not going to find much interest in a TTL laser at that power level.

You'd be hard pushed to find anyone on here interested in TTL at even a few hundred milli.

Also, I don't know about your target audience, but certainly people on here will want to know the full details - ie laser manufacturer and individual beam specs + model numbers (to check to see if they're being over driven or poor beam specs), scanner manufacturer and model.

At that level you want ILDA In/ Out as well as DMX and details of the dichros etc.

Thanks a lot guys. I only just realized that TTL is only 7 bit and Analogue is 8 bit which is a difference of a few million colors.
    I have contacted manufacturer to ensure it will be Analogue Modulation.
    I know it is ILDA In/OUT and you certainly have given me a good heads up on some issues I have taken for granted.
    Thanks

TTL = 7 colours.

Analogue = 16.8 million Colours.

DT's (Dragon Tiger are some decent Chinese Scanners) and you'll find Scan Pro's are even more highly rated by people on here. I think unknown scanners might be a hard sell at the kind of money and power level a projector of that magnitude is going to cost.

Even Chinese might be eg. Kvant would only be fitting Cambridge units at that level.

I'd personally aim for quality components as you're going to be selling to pro's at 4.5W and pro's are going to want quality.

It's all going to be a balance between the final retail level you want to aim for, component cost and what your target audience at that level is going to demand.

Typical power exceeds by lot! Something is going to be "slightly" overpowered .

Also take a close look at the colors...
    In this game its no use just saying Red, green, blue.

Reds / blues come in many wavelengths and varying beam diameters, divergence, beam profiles, power stabilities, modulation speeds and qualities etc etc etc.

The usual cheap red one is the 635nm and at that power may well be like a big fat torch beam. (more like an F16 afterburner than a laser)

Look at the 500mw of blue level.. (also comes in different wavelengths) you won't have much blue to use (compared to the red) and therefore not much white power.
    RGB "white balance" is a biggy for this market ( by the way somewhat of a "holy grail" here on PL... searching for perfection !!).
    You are going to end up with a pathetic white power level on whats there depending on the wavelengths. A very small shift in wavelength can alter the apparent brightness by factors of four or more.

Take look at Tockets chart on here in PL... that will help put you on the right course on basic colour balance.... Understanding this in depth is a University degree level course, but Tocket has done a lot of the hard work for us optically challenged guys.

Also at this level I recommend you look at the more serious professional manufacturers.
    Yes, they are more expensive but for a good reason... no such thing as a free feed and even then you still have to be careful what you are buying.

Like sound "watts" the biggy that hooks people into buying is the "5 watt RGB" yeah, but what colour will it be at five watts ?... try asking what the corrected white balance is and see what happens to your five watts then after you turn down the 3 watt red to probably less than one watt to get close to a white match !!

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Looks like a Spacelas unit, which means 671nm..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Again this is going to sound really critical, but don't see much demand for 671nm at that level. 650nm at a push but I think most people who can afford 4.5 Watts will be looking for 640nm.

My 2 cents worth Trax, you want 532nm, 640nm and then 473 or 445nm or if you want really high end then 473 + 445nm.

See Insanity's 3 watt here for a good high power build example:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8485

This is Insanity's output: