Thread: Plasma Laser Light Show Projector

Default Plasma Laser Light Show Projector

I'm gonna have to try this someday. I imagine it would be pretty easy using a Q-switched YAG and a fast focusing device similar to pangolin's "beambrush" electro-optic.

Check it out!
    http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_e/latest_.../20060210.html

Oh man, that looks incredible (and very dangerous )

I would love to see a video of it in action... or better yet see it in person!

Also I wonder what its scan speed is. In order to take those photos I'd assume the exposure was set pretty long, considering the fact that changing the focal length of the laser (ie movement of a lens to change the third dimension of the image) would be a relatively slow process (compared to the movement of the galvos). Its a great proof of concept, now only to find a way to make it safe, inexpensive, and able to reproduce images at a much higher resolution (without flicker).

Either way, its still cool. I would like to watch this as it progresses with technology.

-Max

That's pretty impressive. I bet it's a noisy mofo though, unless it was inside a bell jar at less than atmospheric with some argon or mixed gases in there.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.