Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Lightwave 'Halfnote' 2.5W? 532nm Laser

Does anyone know of anyone that has had a 'Medical Laser' refused at US customs before?

It was sent as 'return goods' also? Will that make any difference?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

if a laser is labeled as "medical laser" in the U.S. it falls into a whole spearate world of guidelines and radiation control than standard laser components.

actually anything labeled "medical use" coming into the states is going to throw up some flags and will most likely be investigated and assured to be compliant more stringently (if thats a word? lol) than most normal "everyday" components.

i think this laser will get to ben. but yes, i think it will get a little extra handling time.

smog- we all here know that you quite obviously didnt do this purposely to try and stall the delivery. you had no way of knowing. next time, just label it as an OEM Laser component. thats how I have all of my lasers imported (hundreeeeds) and have never had one sent back. i *have* had a few held, but thats the nature of importing components. once in a while, you get "chosen"

Ben-

I know its frustrating as hell to have crap stalled at customs. but bare with it. its not as if you have a customer wiating for it, or a show depending on it. it is pretty much just for you to "mess around with." not that "messing around" isnt important, but its just an inconvenience for you right now. not a money losing obstacle. (i dont think!?)

you nor jim nor i nor anyone here can predict or know what customs is going to do. its part of doing business (or pleasure) when dealing with exporting or importing components.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Got a PM from Ben this morning saying that The OPSL may not be accepted through US customs because, he said, it was 'mislabeled' ?
    It is mislabeled as something which is regulated coming into the United States. It is not a medical laser, it is a component of a system which can be integrated into many applications, a few of which are for life science research, not medical research. It never would see contact with a patient.

I don't think it was mislabeled at all. It was labeled as a medical laser system which is indirectly what it is. They are used in the medical trade so there is NO reason why it wouldn't pass customs.
    It is not a medical laser, like I said above it is a component, what you want to integrate it into depends on the company. It is simply a part, the final use of which is determined by the buyer. Thus it should have been marked as an "OEM Laser System" or "Laser Component" or even "Research Laser" for that matter.

How did you get in touch with customs Ben when they are not open until Tuesday, your words
    I didn't. There is a little thing called tracking which shows the status of the package...

Ben is now saying it could be sent back to me and I will have to pay costs to re-send it?
    He says he wants it returned as 'Returned Electrical Parts' which I am not prepared to do as that is far less of a description as a 'medical laser system' which is far closer to what it is. He also wants it declared at $500 and insured at $5000 - he said he would pay for the insurance.
    If it gets returned, I expect it to get resent with the same service at YOUR cost. You were the one who mislabeled it, and because of that, there is a chance it will get returned. IF it does, I will expect it to get resent to me, with the declaration I ask for, and the value/insurance I request. As I stated, I will pay for the increased insurance.

I don't understand what is going on here but I smell a rat.
    What the fuck is wrong with you Jim? How does me asking that you pay the shipping if it gets returned mane me a "Rat"?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    It is mislabeled as something which is regulated coming into the United States. It is not a medical laser, it is a component of a system which can be integrated into many applications, a few of which are for life science research, not medical research. It never would see contact with a patient.

It is not a medical laser, like I said above it is a component, what you want to integrate it into depends on the company. It is simply a part, the final use of which is determined by the buyer. Thus it should have been marked as an "OEM Laser System" or "Laser Component" or even "Research Laser" for that matter.
    Ben, trying to be helpful here, can't you point that out to customs and direct them to the Coherent page I found for you. That would back up what you're saying. You could probably fax a copy to them.

I wasn't calling you a Rat Ben, it's a mere saying!

Tracking is down at the moment so I cannot view but what exactly did it say for you to think it was going to be refused? or was it just the time span it was taking?
    I think it will be OK in the end - I am hopeing so anyway.

I did not label it intentionally 'wrong' Ben - please understand this.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Default customs

What did the customs look inside the shipping box?
    I think you should use an ICC code written on the invoice, an international customs code but this may apply only on transactions between companies.
    And, the shipper should not pickup the goods as they are not well-prepared.
    Last edited by Adrian Cavaleru; 10-13-2009 at 01:54.

USPS tracking appears to be down for the weekend and perhaps today as well due to the holiday.
    CLICKY!!!

Tracking is back up, no change in the status.

EDIT: Scrap that, it's down.
    Last edited by Laser Ben; 10-12-2009 at 22:25.
    CLICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Tracking is back up, no change in the status.

EDIT: Scrap that, it's down.
    I've been having the same issue with USPS tracking... doesn't really make it worth it if you can't track the package... huh?

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

I've done a lot of internationale deliveries 'till now.
    I may say that tracking service is useless.
    why I should need to know where is the package, as long it is not in my warehouse?
    I must say again, ups should ask you what is in the box they pick-up from you. Is their duty to do that. you could put in that box many, many other stuff. I can't post here what