Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Lightwave 'Halfnote' 2.5W? 532nm Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Yeah, I guess I stand corrected, this laser was a disaster waiting to happen. Coherent replaced this unit 4 times. It had a 2 year extended warranty which expired 6/09. Coherent is seeing if there is anything they can do to replace it as it is less then 6 months out of warranty.

The laser is giving an incorrect reading on the power meter. I corrected it, and it is spot on now. It was wrong, I guess that was Coherent's fault. I do stand corrected on my claim that they always had good products.
    would this fall under any lemon law?

I am pretty sure you cannot change the number of hours on the system with the software, I would guess that it is a hardware function for counting hours and not a software function.

I adjusted the power reading by changing the zero point on the potentiometer inside the head. there are adjustments for zero point, gain, and an unknown which I believe is the baseplate temperature limit, the point at which the laser will shut down.

DB: What are lemon laws?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I am pretty sure you cannot change the number of hours on the system with the software, I would guess that it is a hardware function for counting hours and not a software function.

I adjusted the power reading by changing the zero point on the potentiometer inside the head. there are adjustments for zero point, gain, and an unknown which I believe is the baseplate temperature limit, the point at which the laser will shut down.

Okay, Just wanted to check that!

They vary state by state and mostly have to do with automobile purchases but some states have similar laws with electronics. It could help you out
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_law

I don't think the lemon law could be applied here simply because it was an international transaction.

A paypal dispute over the $420 cash has been opened as it is the only apparent way to communicate with Jim. He has declared that he is leaving the forum and will not have anything else to do with this deal. I did not want it to come to this, but I seem to have no choice.

I will still send Jim the heatsink and frame if he makes this deal right. I will follow through on my end of the deal.
    CLICKY!!!

Jim just lied to paypal to win the dispute , here is a quote of the transaction:

This $420 was for 'shipping' of the laser and NOT for the actual laser.He has the laser, I have proof of that.http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...=CQ334738575US
    This is a flat out lie! The $420 was not for the shipping! It was for the laser! There was another payment of $200 that was for the shipping! I will be calling paypal on monday and complaining. This is a flat out lie!
    CLICKY!!!

poor ben after all the honest trades you have done and now you are getting shafted in the poo hole... life is just not fair...

Yeah, I guess I stand corrected, this laser was a disaster waiting to happen. Coherent replaced this unit 4 times. It had a 2 year extended warranty which expired 6/09. Coherent is seeing if there is anything they can do to replace it as it is less then 6 months out of warranty.

The laser is giving an incorrect reading on the power meter. I corrected it, and it is spot on now. It was wrong, I guess that was Coherent's fault. I do stand corrected on my claim that they always had good products.
    So you've as much admitted that it wasn't Jim's fault here and he gave you exactly what he described to you but you still pursue a Pay Pal claim?

Unbelievable!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    So you've as much admitted that it wasn't Jim's fault here and he gave you exactly what he described to you but you still pursue a Pay Pal claim?

Unbelievable!
    No, he told me it did 77-79mw on the computer and that he measured 83mw on his lasercheck. In addition to that "discrepancy" he claimed it had <1hour according to the documents, the documents do not say the number of hours anywhere on them.

So either the laser got 79 days of use beetween when I bought it and when I received it, or he was making things up about the hours. Either his lasercheck was off by 50%, or he was making things up.

So yes, I will continue trying to get my money back seeing as this is not what I paid for.
    CLICKY!!!