Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Lightwave 'Halfnote' 2.5W? 532nm Laser

£1400 shipped worldwide.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I did not want to chime in into a flame war but...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all.

Adam

(www.xkcd.com/357)

I'm glad things turned out better for you two, and who needs flies anyway?
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 10-07-2009 at 07:04.

Cool

Yeah, but doesn't the vinegar actually kill the flies? I think honey just attracts them. (Well, assuming that the honey isn't so deep that they drown...)

Still, gotta give you props for quoting xkcd... Love that strip! Maybe from now on I'll use the old "carrot and stick" phrase instead.

Adam

Lightbulb

Kinda wish I have 1400 pounds available...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Kinda wish I have 1400 pounds available...

Don't we all ?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ben: you need to cover you ass better in the future. Spell out the terms clearly and completely, and make damn sure you insure the packages for their full value and have tracking on them before you ship.
    I was talking about this shipment from Jim to myself. My laser going to him was shipped 1 day after we agreed on the deal, it was tracked, insured, and the information was sent to Jim before it even went out.

This time, I was not sure if the laser was insured or not, and I did not know the extent of the packing, especially because I now know it was only insured for ~$240. I guess I did agree to this, I did not know that "Compensation Level is actually insurance, I thought that was what it is declared as.

I tried to find out if it was insured or not, and I was not given an answer until it was already gone and there was no changing it. I would have really liked to pay for the extra insurance, seeing as Jim did not pay for it to protect his end...

I really hope it arrives here safely because I will not be very happy if it is damaged...

I still do not appreciate my workmanship being called shoddy, I thought my workmanship was quite good on the system. I built it for myself, and I do not like half-assing things. If you think my workmanship was bad, I don't care, that is your problem, you could have rejected the laser as a trade at any time, you said it was acceptable to you, so shut up with the insults, I am tired of them.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Just went into customs, I really wish it wasn't declared as a medical laser now... Why did you do that?
    CLICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Just went into customs, I really wish it wasn't declared as a medical laser now... Why did you do that?
    All packages go in to customs coming in the states. All, whether they get scanned in (like yours did) or not scanned in.

Dont worry about it till your package is late. It could take 3 days from now till it would be considered late. I dont care what day the package was "guaranteed". I ship internationally to and from every day, I would know

Okay, Thanks!
    CLICKY!!!

Ben

Just thought it may be useful to know that i've shipped two of these exact same lasers to the States by Royal Mail Global Priority in the last month. Both have arrived safe and well.

The Royal Mail Global Priority system is extremely good and can usually be relied upon. Obviously no-one can do anything about Customs, it's just a matter of 'luck' whether your parcel gets pulled for checking or not.

Incidentally, I shipped them with a description of 'Optical alignment system'.

It's also worth noting that the 'global priority' postage has a maximum parcel measurement. This is measured in by measuring the circumference in two directions and the total of the two measurements must not exceed 3 meters. This may sound a lot but it really isn't, it means that it isn't always possible to put as much packing around the goods as people would perhaps like.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001