Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HeCd Laser

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Yes

15 naffin characters !!!

Ahh right, thought so I was going to buy that before Rob did, but as usual ... funds got in the way. Have fun with it!

be gentle with my old mate please!

lex

Don't worry, it will be looked after very well!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Unhappy

Smog you lucky bugger! I wish i would be given free lasers!

Thumbs up

Free lasers are always great!!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default LICONIX He-Cd

Ok I just got 2 liconix he-cd lasers and psus. After messing with both of then, I thought they were dead....but today they both seem to have life in them.
    The first thing is the psus are both odd to mess with they come on for like 8 sed. and the would turn off. so after messing with one psu, and blowing 6 fuses I found a way to get the tube to light and stay on.So with that said,im sure I have broken all he-cd laws when it comes to psus But I found outthat if you unplug the power for the card in the head while its coming on,wait untill the tube has startedto get warm,then plug it back in.There is also a diode,well atleast it looks like one,it maybe a resister of some kind(look at the pic)
    The first head will only give me a yellow dot as a out put,the other head that I thought was bad,gives me a blue-purple light,but no beam....I belive its way out of alinement...
    DJ Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 001..jpg  

Picture 002..jpg  

Picture 003..jpg  

Picture 004..jpg  

Picture 005..jpg  

Picture 008..jpg  

Picture 015..jpg  

Picture 011..jpg  

Picture 016..jpg  

Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Hi Matt,

I'll have two of those heads in a pair of weeks, so if you could make detailed pictures of the PSU and head connections, that would be REALLY nice!

Also, be careful messing like you did with those tubes, as you could kill your tubes with cadmium evaporating on the optics

it looks like your yellow-emitting tube is in helium surpression, which will drop down if you let it run continuously during several tens of hours if lucky, several hundred hours if unlucky (read from Sam's laser FAQ, so if someone like Steve reads my words and finds an error, please do so)

it also looks like your blueish discharge tube has evaporated too much cadmium

you should read sams laser faq about hecad lasers and get in touch with Steve

would you happen to have a dead PSU for those heads? would be so cool if I could find one ^^

Talking

Ill get some pics for you.But I did have some success, I removed the optics form the ounce bad tube thats turned out to be the nice tube,cleaned them, and im trying to realine them,and if Im not mistaken its very close to wanting to lase again!!!
    Here are some more pics!!
    Last pic. is after I started walking the mirrors some.Its like it wants to lase so bad!!!
    DJ Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 013..jpg  

Picture 018..jpg  

Picture 020..jpg  

Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Cool

Well I had for the most part given up on HeCd..But then today I got a Omnichrome 100-A PSU and cables and a head. The head is broken,and the PSU looks great after a cleaning. Now the ? is.. Will this work with a 74 head?
    Ive checked the PSU out( ie. fuses, burns,ect.) and I pluged it in and the power light comes on,but with no head thats as far as it will go.

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

I feel your pain -- HeCd was a quest for me as well. I went through MANY dead and blown components on my way to success. However, keep at it. IMNHO it IS worth it

This is SwamiDog's photo of one of mine that I had at the SoCaLEM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/swamido...29/lightbox/#/

And -- This is what is on my shelf at home now. Three of these even work now
    However, I still only have one complete working PSU for the longer ones

http://incoherentphotography.com/SoC...011/Lasers/#98

Peace,
    dave