Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jayrob Build Kits, Lenses, and Other Stuff Listed Here!

remember, guns dont kill people, but the laser on my rifle sure makes it easier to aim at things lol

i wish you would sell complete lasers, i would love one of those tiny BR ones, but alas, I would probably never have time to assemble it

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    here is what irritates me. Most people that talk all of the trash about selling pointers had no problem buying them for themselves. Sorry to call everyone out but I do believe SELEM was held in the US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFe32Omy44

I know why people are opposed to the further sale of them (so less idiots get them) but I see no moral problem to a laser pointer being sold.
    The problem is not some laserfreaks having a laserpointer, the problem is with people who sell pointers to the public.

Many people who have no knowledge of lasers and see audiance scanning shows (which is normal in the countrt where I live) think "oh if a lasershow is safe to watch, then a laserpointer is also save at a few meters away"

the problem is what most people don't know a 100mW pointer with 4mm beam (wich is pretty conservative) puts out almost 800mW/cm2, and will give permanent eye damge within a eyeblink.

With a laserpointer jayrob sell where we have 200mW power and a 2mm beam you will get a power of more than 6000mW/cm2.

this is 2546xMPE IF you shut your eye within 250ms...

These are not toys you want to get in the hand of a person with no knowledge of lasers.

With the Bluray pointers of jayrob it's even worse, people think "oh the beam is not that bright so it will be safe"

^ Yes, but laser pointers can be used safely. Astronomy for example, pointers can be a great teaching tool.

I would say it's not the sellers fault, as long as they enforce the safety with pointers, but more the buye being a fucktard and not doing his homework before he starts blinding people.

Dealextreme used to be a very popular site for laser pointers (Still is for some people), then the FDA came down on them, and they can't sell pointers over 5mW to the US. Now there are websites like o-like etc that sell these same pointers, but of any power limit.

If you were stupid enough to point a laser at a plane, you aren't going to go buy all the pieces, assemble a laser and shine it at a plane, when they can just go to one of those websites and buy a high powered laser with the money they earnt working as a dump truck driver.

I sort of contradicted myself there, but if buyers were more responsible with the laser pointers, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    The pointers you are trying to sell are illegal in most country's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Exactly!
    They should not be sold where pointers are regulated, like the US.

Hey guys, just to further clarify, I don't sell complete lasers...

Even my kits do not include the laser diode. You must buy your own laser diode to assemble it into a laser. (I put a note in the first post to clarify this)

These kits are not illegal to sell anywhere in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    The problem is not some laserfreaks having a laserpointer, the problem is with people who sell pointers to the public.

Many people who have no knowledge of lasers and see audiance scanning shows (which is normal in the countrt where I live) think "oh if a lasershow is safe to watch, then a laserpointer is also save at a few meters away"

the problem is what most people don't know a 100mW pointer with 4mm beam (wich is pretty conservative) puts out almost 800mW/cm2, and will give permanent eye damge within a eyeblink.

With a laserpointer jayrob sell where we have 200mW power and a 2mm beam you will get a power of more than 6000mW/cm2.

this is 2546xMPE IF you shut your eye within 250ms...

These are not toys you want to get in the hand of a person with no knowledge of lasers.

With the Bluray pointers of jayrob it's even worse, people think "oh the beam is not that bright so it will be safe"

A laser can be hazardous yes, but the builder will have to be familiar with lasers to be able to buy a laser diode and complete the assembly.

A laser is not a 'bad thing'... Just as a knife is not a bad thing. This is a good example of a useful tool (much more useful than a laser pointer), that can be misused and dangerous. Even used as a weapon. But a knife is arguably the most useful tool that man has ever invented! The misuse of the tool, does not make it a bad tool.

And again, I do not sell laser diodes or laser modules...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    How much for the 405 glass lens assembly?
    I just sent you a PM...

My 405-G-1 glass lens modifications are $55 plus $3 dollars shipping!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jayrob; 11-02-2009 at 16:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    hypocrisy was the right word...not irony. But yeah- jayrob is probably the most innovative person in the "roll off the table" world of lasers. His talents are unsurpassed in that realm. His skills are valuable and noteworthy.

(you may send a kit to...Pat B...)

guns dont kill people, people who use guns kill people, it is not worth outlawing guns to save a few people...but in the same breath...I have no problem killing outlaws
    Thanks!

Couple of cool new kits added!

New! Stainless Steel CR2 Kit... Polished!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-stainless-steel-cr2-kit-polished-schweet-50879.html

New! Tiny Titanium Key Chain Kit (For Red):

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-tiny-titanium-key-chain-kit-red-48899.html
    Last edited by jayrob; 05-18-2010 at 09:42.