Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $399 Chinese department store projector 'pangolin software compatible'

Default $399 Chinese department store projector 'pangolin software compatible'

Chinese department store love to send me emails about their 'fantastic new products' and this one today caught my eye, so i thought i'd share it with you..

http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/1700

"This laser comes ready to use. Just plug to the PC and use your software. It is compatible with any pangolin software . It complies with laser signal output to PC standards. It comes with 30K scanner motor. It complies with CE standards. Very well housed. Comes with cables. Available in 110 volts or 240 volts. The color mixing is great and can greate quality animations. It contains 100s of patterns and animations in its meory chip. It can change patterns by the beat of the music. It can be controlled with the DMX controller. You could combine with this product. Check our categoriesfor DMX controllers."

Is it right that a company can use the name of a much more reputable one in its product titles? i wondered if Bill Benner would be interested in this lovely projector description

I don't condone the use of a copyrighted companies name without written consent, but I am not surprised it happened. On another note if the specs are actually correct: Red: 150mw, Blue: 100mw, Green: 50mw that is a damn good price for a 100mW blue laser if it really is blue and not a 405nm diode! correction: I scrolled down and found: Laser wavelength:Red(650nm),Green(532nm),Blue(405nm) so it is an RGV not RGB...

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 10-23-2009 at 08:39. Reason: scrolled down... now I have to correct myself.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

There possibly can be a FB3 inside the laser.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    If that was the case it would be a hell of a deal, maybe a new FB3 clone? I doubt it has anything other than a DMX board and an ILDA connector...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    if there is a genuine FB3 inside then i'm definitly buying one for $399

but alas, there probably is just an ILDA connector

Yeah it just says it is compatible. If it had only a USB input for the FB3, then to say it was "compatible with any pangolin software" wouldn't be true...

$450 shipped to your door, its a deal even if it comes very misaligned (which it will)

if you scroll down it says click here to buy controller and software ......

and the link takes you to that wonderfull ISHOW software and DAC

im guessing they are name dropping with the pango bit .... to get more hits on google etc

even if it has 12K scanners etc i guess thats not a bad price ....

but you know its gonna cost ... to get it repaired when it dumps on you

all the best .... karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    but you know its gonna cost ... to get it repaired when it dumps on you
    Here is my reasoning, name a brand that doesn't fail. Ben tried to tell me coherent did not fail, yet he has a laser that has been replaced 4 times in the last two years

They all take a dump, as long as its not laserworld i see no problem in buying a shoddy laser for cheap. I have a merilignt that out lasted a CNI recently

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Here is my reasoning, name a brand that doesn't fail. Ben tried to tell me coherent did not fail, yet he has a laser that has been replaced 4 times in the last two years

They all take a dump, as long as its not laserworld i see no problem in buying a shoddy laser for cheap. I have a merilignt that out lasted a CNI recently

http://cgi.ebay.com/310mW-Red-Green-...item19b776f863

Less than $300 for an RGV.. I'm sure it's just as shitty of quality.

EDIT: Ooops.. just realized there is no ILDA port on that one.
    - instinct