Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review - 475mw RGV NRG/Laser Know How Projector

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    I've recently bought one of these. I've got a few issues.

1. The violet laser is, predictably, underpowered.

what did you expect from a 475mw projector? if you buy a projector aimed at the lower end of the market your not going to get mega power
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    what did you expect from a 475mw projector? if you buy a projector aimed at the lower end of the market your not going to get mega power
    Hence the word "predictably". But hey, check out the pictures on the thread showing violet fans and tunnels. In reality they are near invisible in total darkness with tons of smoke to the naked eye.

i took them photos thanks and in my living room the 405 was very visable.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i took them photos thanks and in my living room the 405 was very visable.
    So what you're saying is that the quality of the units is variable? Or that as long as bands do gigs on your living room I'll be ok?

without having your unit in my hand to look at and test im not saying anything.

405 is very very dark so dont expect alot from it, also this projector is aimed at the lower end of the market, so its not mega powerful. as far as im aware the unit that got sent to me wasnt hand selected it was just randomly picked and sent to me.

gary is a very helpful person and im sure he wont have any problems with you sending the projector back for him to take a look at.

im not saying yours is faulty but dont forget on that odd occasion something may go wrong.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You are referring to this unit, right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NRG-300mW-RGBV...item1c11ed5ec6

Might be worth a look. I'm starting to shop around now for a turn-key unit, partly so I can test shows (without having to rent gear) and also because I can just get started and do stuff quickly on smaller gigs.

Having a projector on stand-by allows me to get shows done and make some money for a serious build ...

How does this projector compare to the standard Chinese projectors you can find all over the place? I can imagine they couldn't be that different laser-wise -- I mean, you can get BluRay and DVD player diodes everywhere.

Andy,

One thing you could feedback to NRG is that they should consider using 640nm diodes in their lasers.

I've recently been tempted to buy an off the peg lower powered projector but the thing thats holding me back more than anything is the fact that at low powers, 650nm simply isn't visible enough and too much gets lost internally.

The low power projectors (if not all) would be far better with 640 instead of 650 diodes.

Also wondering why on their lower RGB / RGV / RGBV lasers they're still using TTL given that analogue is no more expensive now.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-23-2010 at 00:40.