Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: USB Scannersafety

Default hmm, not sure if I got my message out there

thanks for the replies guys, but not sure if this is meant for me. I am looking for a USB intereface from ONe Stop for the NML Full Auto program and not sure where this LCD screen comes into it. None exists. But thanks for the reply. If you know of anyone with a interface box, I would be interesed in buying it.
    thanks

Yes, Paul you ARE hijacking this thread, if people got what you're looking for they'll gladly reply in your thread.

Count me in also for one safetyboard. I am not really sure how to operate this, but i will visit McCarrot soon and then i'll ask ;-)

Thanks all, we are at 6 scanfails. Only 2 to go and we have a go!

The system is rather simple, you one time only adjust your galvos feedack signal with the potmeters on the scanfail and the system will shut off the laser in case one of the galvo's stoped working, or you have a dangerous (static) beam in a show.

If you want to use static beams above the audiance you can use the software to draw a area where the scanfail will not shut off the lasers. so you can still shoot static beams at mirror and have the audiance safe for static beams.

The best way is to connect the board to you R G and B system to shut off the lasers because this is the fastest way. A shutter always need a few ms to shut off the beam, but its also good to have a shutter as backup, and to connect you emergency stop to so you can warm-up your lasers with the shutter closed.

Damn that graphic LCD looks cool . but the price...
    Last edited by mccarrot; 11-01-2009 at 01:58.

count me in for one....

thanks.

I would be interested in one of these with the LCD display for the moment, my RGBB has two blue channels. I assume the 6 outputs will accomodate this?

Will there be another opportunity to get these prices? I would like to test one in the first instance and depending on the outcome get another two at a later date.

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Insanity,

this price is for 8 or more, so in a while we can do another group buy and hope we get up to the 8pcs again to get this price.

If it works like charm I want two more in my RGB's also.

Can everyone make clear IF they want a LCD and what model, thank you.

I,m really concidering one but i want to know if you build one in each of my projector i can read out the settings with one display? If this is not the case i would go for the one without the display. I want the usb version only i,m not sure if i need the standard display.

after debating with myself i decided to buy one. I simply can,t forgive my self if i sell my projector and someone in the crowd looses eyesight because of me saving 115 euro,s. So count me in for one only without the display.

assuming a beam diameter of 1cm^2, what is the maximum laser power that this device can safely blank before eye damage occurrs?