Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

Hi Norty,

The only thing I can say right now is that *something* is a bit off. How far off and off when projecting what type of imagery? We'll need to look into this further. Nevertheless, in looking at the scope plots that Ante made, I can definitely see room for improvement, and improvements will be made in this area.

You were right when you assumed that we were preparing for LDI and thus, that's why there was silence from Pangolin on PL over the past febw weeks. Also, over the past few weeks we were preparing something that we can release in the form of QuickShow.

QuickShow is now released and can be downloaded from our web site. (As always, see the what's new at Pangolin section for the latest information.)

We are continuing to work on QuickShow -- both the software, and workspace that we include with it for free. Once we get a bit more settled in on QuickShow and the workspace, we'll turn our attention back to this "brightness" issue.

In the mean time, we hope everyone will enjoy this new software for the FB3 which, despite the fact that this is entirely new software written from the ground up, is being offered absolutely FREE to Pangolin FB3 users.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Since V5.0.646.1986; I have experienced the "frozen beam of death" lockup a few times, randomly after adjusting colour or cue settings (thankfully testing at home).
    Keep in mind that we don't always look at PL. Sometimes weeks go by before we have a chance to look at this forum (or even our own LaserChat forum). Therefore the fastest way to get results from Pangolin is by reporting problems directly to us by email.

Best regards,

William Benner

I love this guy : ) ...... QuickShow looks amazing well at least the pdf does

Hardware company writes new drivers, gives them away free: film at 11

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Keep in mind that we don't always look at PL. Sometimes weeks go by before we have a chance to look at this forum (or even our own LaserChat forum). Therefore the fastest way to get results from Pangolin is by reporting problems directly to us by email.

Best regards,

William Benner
    Hi Bill

I reported this via the contact sheet a week ago, still waiting for a reply. I heard that you have been busy this week so I didn't press the issue.

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hi Bill

I reported this via the contact sheet a week ago, still waiting for a reply. I heard that you have been busy this week so I didn't press the issue.

Ian
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for reporting the problem directly. Yes we've been busy preparing for, and then exhibiting at the LDI show, but I don't recall receiving the email. Would you please re-send it?

Bill

Thanks Bill

I have sent the email to you (sent to Hardware and software support last time).

Regards

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

You were right when you assumed that we were preparing for LDI and thus, that's why there was silence from Pangolin on PL over the past febw weeks. Also, over the past few weeks we were preparing something that we can release in the form of QuickShow.

QuickShow is now released and can be downloaded from our web site.
    Yep, I also suspected that you were prioritizing upcoming work, specifically Quickshow which was why I kept this thread alive rather than add more specific enquiry via your webform. I'm sure Quickshow is of more interest to most users than the issues raised in this thread.

Can't wait to get home and download the new software!

Happy to hear that you'll be investigating the brightness issue further though. I'm guessing it's either a common thing used across all FB3 software whicvh means potential changes to each software product or something native to the hardware itself, so perhaps rectified (if possible) via a firmware update.

I love the new Quickshow!!

Nice work Bill! Congrats to you and your team!

Bill showed us Quickshow at SELEM, and it was awesome! Even the abstract generator was fantastic. Can't wait for it to be released on the QM2K.