Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

Originally Posted by norty303 But to be fair, they don't actually work yet.
    That's not a very nice Jab Norty... Your comment really didn't add anything to the conversation as to whether FB3 is "worth it" or not...

By the way, BAMs do work -- they just don't work on the version you are using right now.
    It wasn't a jab Bill, it was simply stating for the benefit of people that weren't aware that although the screens exist in the software, they don't actually have any effect yet. I see this as fairly important to relay to people as it could have safety implications. And if that was a key requirement of the system being purchased, it probably is relevant to a buying decision at this point in time.
    Whilst I have a lot of love for the software, hardware and the way you handle your customer support, writing something like that just strikes me as ridiculous.
    Its like telling the person who crashed their car into a tree because there were no brake pads put in when it was made that the brakes DO work, just not on your one.

edit: actually thats a crap analogy, but hopefully you get my point.
    Last edited by norty303; 12-21-2009 at 04:35.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    It wasn't a jab Bill, it was simply stating for the benefit of people that weren't aware that although the screens exist in the software, they don't actually have any effect yet..
    Sorry Norty but I disagree. It was fixed even before you contacted me and reported it. You and I had an email exchange about this. I am not positive about the timing, but I am pretty sure I informed you that this was fixed before (or very close to) the time you made your post.

I see this as fairly important to relay to people as it could have safety implications.
    It isn't intended to be relied upon as a safety feature (see the license agreement and bold all-caps text in that area of the software). If people want to rely on something like this for safety, they would need the combination of this plus PASS.

Its like telling the person who crashed their car into a tree because there were no brake pads put in when it was made that the brakes DO work, just not on your one.
    Build 128 was the first public release. There were bound to be a few things that didn't work right. (Our competitors have been working on software for years and we still hear reports of crashes...)

All it takes is a single email to Pangolin to report the problem -- and then another email to request the update. The problem report and update request can be made the same email but both requests need to be made. For example, when you wrote to me about it, it was more like "oh by the way, I discovered this". It didn't sound like an emergency or buying-decision-killer...

When a problem is reported, it is added to a list of things to be updated or fixed. If something is important, the email should convey the level of importance so we can prioritize the update.

This particular problem was fixed in build 129. People who requested the update got it, but it wasn't distributed publicly. Internally, we are currently up to build 147...

As stated in the past, at any point in time, anyone can request an interim build and receive one... As an example, earlier today I sent build 145 to around 15 people who requested the update, including you...

edit: actually thats a crap analogy, but hopefully you get my point.
    I guess I'd like to see you at least make mention of one of the zillion parts of the program that are brand new and do work, when taking time to comment about the one part that didn't (in that particular version)... But I'll have to get accustomed to your style, as you really do seem to focus on the negatives rather than the positives...

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 12-21-2009 at 23:21.