Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    when I say "disconnected" I mean when Livepro Errors out or ANY of the FB3 apps stop working
    Right. But that's the part that -- at this point in time -- we actually doubt is possible.

Unlike other laser products on the market, the FB3 actually requires to be constantly fed by the PC in order to give output. There is no local "memory" or double-buffers. The moment that software stops feeding the FB3, it will terminate it's laser output. We have done a lot of tests to make sure that happens.

As DZ wrote, there could be a problem with your particular FB3. And there's another point to be made -- you wrote "When LivePRO errors out or any of the FB3 apps stop working". That's certainly not something we've heard much of, so it does make me wonder if you have some specific hardware problem, or if there is a problem with the USB port on your PC.

But again, here's where contacting us comes into play, so we can explore all of this -- explore what kind of PC you have, what kind of USB "root hub", cabling, and other factors which might be leading to a software failure. I'd also like to see if it's really possible for software to fail in such a way to get a static beam out of the FB3. In all of our testing, this was never the case, and we've never heard of it happening before.

Best regards,

William Benner

Dear LaserGuy216,

You're obviously unhappy with the FB3, so please return it immediately for a full refund.

I said it before, but we'd rather have a happy non-client, than an unhappy client.

Best regards,

William Benner

First off, let me say that at no point in this thread do I recall flaming anyone.. and I don't intend to start. I do have a comment on all this, however:

If the way you design your products, special or not, advanced or not, over our heads or not, is causing people to have bad experiences (there have been several lately) does that not seem like a problem to you? I don't want you to take this the wrong way here.. I'm not trying to trash you, flame you or anything like that. I'm just curious because to me it seems possible that these design enhancements might be having a detrimental effect on people's experience. If you ask me if I have a better idea, I would say no, since I'm not a leader in the laser show control field.. I feel that these are real questions that deserve as simple an answer as you can manage to dumb down for those of us of limited intellect.

Maybe even a blatant disclaimer right there on the order page that explains the power losses and makes people expect them. People expect the FB3 to give the same output as other DACs, and according to some poeple here, and yourself, it does not..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 11-09-2009 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Again, more non-qualified statements made...

Huh? Where do you get your data? How many Chinese manufacturer's offices have you visited lately?

William Benner
    none but Im not talking about ALL, I said most and Im talking about some of the TOP mfg's.... CNI, KAVANT, LASERWAVE, & LASEVER.....

Full on 5Volt and on comes the laser, give it 2.5volts and you get half power output... and then take away the power and the laser turns off..

We're not interested in participating in flames...

William Benner
    So then stop it and fix my fb3....you have only offered to have me PROVE IT... I can as I have stated I have tried MANY remedities and still its down to the last link in the chain.. the FB3 its self.. its not the laser MFG's fault or error.. its the FB3

Yes, good point Dave! But -- to the best of my ability to tell, Laserguy has made no effort to contact us and try to resolve his problem. (Don't you just love those?)

Best regards,

William Benner
    Their you go again tring to put blame on the end users. just like BIG BUSINESS does...
    (Don't you just love those?)
    William Benner
    Ive called when you where out of the country so who would you know if I had called? I think it was Iven? that I talked to 3-4 times about the mini-b usb problems... and he offered the help that I should make sure that my power profiles didnt turn off the usb's or limit its power al all.. "Always On or Max Battery" as I was using a laptop.... good info but not it..... as this happens on ALL my computers.....

Laserguy has made no effort to contact us and try to resolve his problem.
    William Benner
    I have in this forum and you said I need to prove it... help me and stop being so defending & putting blame elsewhere(on me & other MFG's) and help me!
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Wow.. that's a lot of info.. Look, I have only had one question this entire time, myself.. According to the scope shots posted in this thread, the FB3's modulation signal doesn't seem to be reaching the full 5V mark. Why is that? (If you covered it already, please feel free to refer me back to it. There's a possibility I missed it..)

Actually, if you go back to post 62, I'm guessing the top two pics are from the two frames that I gave to sugeek, and the bottom might be the test signal. If that is true, then the top two frames show that the FB3 is indeed reaching a full 5V, even with the frame of 1 point.

Full on 5Volt and on comes the laser, give it 2.5volts and you get half power output...
    Wow, what lasers are you buying! I don't think I've seen any solid state laser act like that, in fact, I've seen some give full power at about 3V! Or not even start to output until they reach 1.5V.

Dear LaserGuy216,

You're obviously unhappy with the FB3, so please return it immediately for a full refund.

I said it before, but we'd rather have a happy non-client, than an unhappy client.

Best regards,

William Benner
    now your just be RUDE.... return it for a full refund...... WTF..... not well I can see that your having issues with your FB3 and we want a HAPPY client so why dont you send it in for a FREE inspection to see how we can help you out with your problems....... Hell this was you can prove me wrong, did you ever thing about that???

So Bill Im calling you out on your post, PROVE ME WRONG & Prove to the rest of us that I'M WRONG...... as Im not...

but instead you offer ridiculous rebuttals. whats your problem Bill.?
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Edited my post DZ, sorry.. I didn't see that, but I didn't like my wording there. I don't want to further hostilities..

are you on AC coupling mode? Those lines should be flat. That will affect the accuracy of your Voltage reading.

You guys I think are being a bit too hard on the FB3. The intermediate 0.82 to 1.25 millisecond pause of laser output that you see is part of the design, as put forth here.
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...8&postcount=26
    The reason can be noted here:
    There is no local "memory" or double-buffers
    Some DACs have buffers, some don't. For those that don't all you need to do for visually max brightness is make sure your frames have a lot of points. Assuming direct feed mode, there's a simple way to calculate the brightness of your laser with FB3:

max brightness (%) = 100-(100/(1+1.22*numpoints/kpps))

so if your beamframe has 200 points, at 30kpps expect 89% brightness.

Another very approximate way to look at it is in terms of frames per second:

brightness % = 100*(1-0.00082*fps)

if your expected ilda animation clocks in at 60 frames per second, expect about 95% max brightness.

Hopefully that will help you see how inconsequential this can be, and how to avoid it almost entirely.

Laserguy, if it's such a big deal to you, I agree go ahead and return it.
    Last edited by drlava; 11-09-2009 at 19:19.

LaserGuy,

As you will see in a private message that I just sent to you, I just realized who you are. Also, although I don't like to air dirty laundry, you've owed us money since June.

We've been trying to get in touch with you for quite a long time. Justin has sent you numerous emails. We have also attempted to get in contact with you buy phone, but to no avail.

Countless people on PL will testify to how responsive we are to legitimate support requests. But we have seen no attempt on your part to contact us to report, or resolve any problem (your supposed phone calls notwithstanding).

You come to us with "WTF" language and this is what you're made of?

In any event, we stand ready to evaluate and solve any problem you may have, but we can't do it when you are heavily confrontational, and avoid our attempts to contact you...

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Edited my post DZ, sorry.. I didn't see that, but I didn't like my wording there. I don't want to further hostilities..
    No problems here, all certainly valid concerns and I'm glad we were able to work through some of this. Ultimately, it'll take you to try the product for you to see how awesome it is. Heck I can remember when Buffo use to knock the product. At FLEM 1, Clandestiny and I were the only two people with a QM2K, now I think just about everyone that attended the first FLEM has a QM2K. It's a top notch product, and Bill is a brilliant engineer.