Thread: Avoid the trap

Angry Avoid the trap

Hi,

I wish aware you of fraudulent activity of the following seller :
    hesc_photonics http://myworld.ebay.fr/hesc_photonics
    I have already done it on the French side of Laserfreak where I am an active member.
    It is not by evil intent or by revenge, it is only to inform all passionate as us who want to buy a replacement diode for DPSS .
    I am taking on my time to write you et hope that this information will be widely forward to English, French, German section.
    For the story I outbid as lot of people on the following product :
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290359056497&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    Offer seams interesting but surprise on the reception.
    Seller speaks of a power of 2 to 3 w and write "up to 3w".
    When I receive the diode I see quickly the cheat : emitting size 100µmx1 (easly recognising with eyes, no need to open the bag).
    And the manual instruction is homemade with operational current of 1.2A and 2W max.
    Everyone knowing minimum of diode characteristics will see quickly than 1.2A of current is egal to 1W of power, not 2-3W and not at all up to 3W.
    So emitting size for a 2-3W is normally 150µm or 200µm as generally finds. You can check it by tiping on google website : " 808nm c-mount pdf " for example.
    I required explaination from seller :
    (Names are hidden for confidentiality reasons)

Hi XXXX
    I've received your laser diode today.
    You have sent one c-mount laser diode 1w but not one 2-3w.
    this diode has an emitter size of 100µmx1 .
    it isn't one 2-3w like to your advertisement.
    in general, a 2-3w laser diode has not a current of 1.2A but rather 2.5-3A with a emitting size of 150@200µmx1.
    I am desapointed and ask you to send me back the right product please.
    I wait your answer....
    With my best...
    Olivier XXXXX
    Marseille
    France.

And below his reply :

If unhappy please return the laser diode. I set the drive requirement conservatively so people won't blow them up.

All is say in the reply, he is just trying to justify himself but from the wrong way.
    I push his reasoning until the end, by make him believe that I understand his theory :

I want to believe in you ,but when you say that: "I set the drive requirement conservatively so people won't blow them up."
    how many, you estimate the operating current of this diode with good heat sink and long life?
    because 1.2A is far away to 2-3w power !!!! corresponding to 1w of power, not more....
    when you have testing this lot of same diode, which was damage threshold current value you have found please?....

Question stayed without any reply today…
    Pls forgive my English which is far to be perfect!!
    To finish, without any real try as it was taking risk to have more bad surprise (and I want to send back this order), there is a real fraud on the goods.
    I am speaking only of the products, and not of his impolite reply…
    And it seems that I am not the only one who has been fooled: diode with wrong specification or in end of life…
    We are already several members from LF in the same case.
    If you are interested you can reply to this "post"… and give your version.

Greetings.
    Olivier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seller-electrical charateristics.jpg  

Emitting area.jpg  

^While you are not even close to the first person to have issues with Chris (hesc_photonics, heruursciences), and I don't think it's right that the product is mislabeled, it sounds like he offered to make this issue right... so why not send the diode back and let him attempt to correct the issue before you start a complaint thread about this? I always recommend at least letting the seller attempt to fix things before jumping to conclusions, even in light of Chris' past issues.

Check out this thread also to have the story as is has been told here...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5292
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs down

When there's bad men to be kicked I like to get a place near the front of the queue.

But as he's offered a refund there's not much foul play here.
    In fact, I'm more miffed at someone with a low post count using our forum as a kicking ground (when he hasn't paid for his boots yet ).

Get your money back and become an active member.

I am glad you did not remove the diode from the static bag, otherwise he wouldn't even accept a return. With any luck he will send you a replacement, maybe his 5W C-mounts are actually 2W?? If you need a c-mount from ebay I would go with snoctony http://shop.ebay.com/snoctony/m.html...&_trksid=p4340

The prices are higher, but you are getting a new diode with FAC, I wish you the best luck in resolving the issue with Chris.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Look at the shitty packing on those! The bag is close to touching the emitter if it isn't already!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Someone needs to place an add on fleabay under industrial lighting-lasers and place "DPSS" in the description.......something to the effect of a warning not to purchase his junk wares. The sales of these items are not only bad in general, they are giving the new guy a bad experience with the hobby if he invests his time and funds in these auctions. I personally am tired of having to wade through the junk from his auctions on fleabay when I have time and feel like looking for something interesting. This is only an opinion...mileage may vary greatly....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Snoctony has never let me down either. I highly recommend him for reliable, properly rated diodes.

I have to support Olive13 on that one

maybe he is not an active member here (yet?), he is experienced and really active on laserfreak and he is highly reliable

I fully support his initiative which is in fact tightening relations between our forums and sharing informations which might be important

I took one of the first steps to introduce PL there, and there are several people who have already joined here: james,kl79,djolek,etc...

That's a good thing I think, as there can only be good things coming out of that