Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wickedlasers evolution pro 2010, 130mW. Extensive and unbiased review.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

I fear that the subtle nuances of my post have been lost in the general hullabaloo of this thread.

Whilst I have nothing against laser pointers (owning a few myself) my "beef" is with people who join the forum merely to post adverts, particularly as this topic is quite hot at the moment with a very strong bias against them.
    Although it was posted in the review section and indeed, does look like a review, the simple facts are that Hallucynogenyc joined this forum with the sole intent of posting an advert for the pointer.
    Do you think that companies send out freebies and say "Shhh.. don't tell anyone about this" or is it more likely that they may include a gentle proviso that you "mention" it on a few forums to spread the word?
    But what can you do when you've probably already been beaten to it on LPF?
    Hmmmm.....
    Probably join another light related forum and post "a review" and enter stage left Hallucynogenyc.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    .....Those members here who do not like high powered hand held lasers, for ANY reason, have no right to thread crap on someone's review. ......
    So in your version of the forum, spammers and first post advertisers have "the right" to post their adverts but anybody else does not have "the right" to voice their opinion.
    Nice one Mr Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    .....It is not nice to smack around the new members.. ......
    I have nothing but sugar coated cuddles and hugs for genuine new members.
    But do you really think he joined to become a participating member of the forum?
    Tell you what. I'll revisit this thread in 6 months and we can review his contribution to the forum.
    I'd bet a shiny sixpence that he'll have a very small post count because all he wanted to do was post an advert to justify his free pointer to the company that supplied it to him.

Not having a go at you personally matey, just trying to open folks eyes to the ways of the world (based on my experiences thus far on Planet Earth).

Sugar coated hugs and cuddles ...........
    xxxx

its like saying people can kill each other with guns, so lets ban guns!
    Lasers don't hurt people, dogs do !

Do you think that companies send out freebies and say "Shhh.. don't tell anyone about this" or is it more likely that they may include a gentle proviso that you "mention" it on a few forums to spread the word?
    But what can you do when you've probably already been beaten to it on LPF?
    Hmmmm.....
    I'd bet a shiny sixpence that he'll have a very small post count because all he wanted to do was post an advert to justify his free pointer to the company that supplied it to him.
    I understand what you are saying.... but to shed a little more light on
    the assumptions...

I too received a FREE Laser from WL... after being asked if I would like to
    review one... and I agreed.

I was told (after receiving it) that I could keep the Laser... To not sound
    or be biased in my review.. I offered to return the Laser once I had
    reviewed it...
    The CEO of WL said not to send it back and to do as I wish with it whether I
    did a Review or not.

I was not obliged to to do a Review of the 200mW 532nm SPYDER I...
    but thought
    it would be a kind gesture on my part to do so...

I... in the other hand... knew of the "Laser Pointer Bashing" being perpetrated
    by "some" members here that I decided not to post the review...
    (no sense poking a sleeping bear)

BTW... for the other members... you can see it (my review) here.....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/20...iew-43206.html

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    ...no sense poking a sleeping bear....
    Shhhhhh... There's a whole caveful.

I'm guessing you still didn't get the jist of my post. Must be a language thing.
    Here's the bulletin points translated to Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    • ..my "beef" is with people who join the forum merely to post adverts, Eh!
    • ... Hallucynogenyc joined this forum with the sole intent of posting an advert for the pointer, Eh!
    Last edited by soforene; 11-10-2009 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I'm actively searching all the ebay like sites in the Netherlands together with other forum members to make these sites stay clean with high powered pointers and I must say it's pretty effective, most sites are pretty clean now

With these reaction on the topic I hope someone else think twice before they post a pointer review on this forum. Because if you now google at wick**t Lasers 2010 you get multiple results linking to this forum and LPF.
    In my opinion this is 100% laserpointer spam.
    While Soferene has explained his opinion well, and it is understandable, you on the other hand are a different sort.

People like you make me hope more people DO post about laser pointers here. Not because I like pointers, it's because I can't bloody stand when someone like you decides they're going to "make things uncomfortable" for people who enjoy things they don't like or understand..

What gives you the right to say what is acceptable here and what is not? You're not the fucking admin.

You can feel free to make things as uncomfortable for me as you like McCarrot.. I'll always be here. I don't react well to imperious snobs.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 11-10-2009 at 06:53.

Apart from your cravings to exercise your rights on personal freedom..
    No-one seems to argue with carrots point.

The advertisement, production and widespread ownership of laserpointers WILL in the end damage the laserdisplay industry.

Strongest argument against his statement so far has been, something like "I don't care, because I don't like to be told what to do."

I'm not arguing with you about that. I'm just saying that McCarrots methods are improper. No one elected him (or you) to decide what can and cannot be discussed here. Period.

Let's look we're we're all from, shall we? One side of the pond cares deeply for one's personal freedoms, the other does not... no surprise there. If you look at the last threads that this was recently argued in, you'll see that there was pretty much zero support for McCarrot's absolutely dictatorial point of view from the forum in general..

I just wish you folks in the Netherlands would quit trying to force your views on the whole forum.. It's not your place. Let the Admin decide what we can and can't discuss here.

Strongest argument against his statement so far has been, something like "I don't care, because I don't like to be told what to do."
    Seriously, who are you to tell ANYONE what to do? You're NOBODY. NO ONE HERE SHOULD HAVE TO ACCEPT YOUR INSTRUCTIONS/COMMANDS. Screw you if that's how you intend to come at this issue. And you somehow think that I (or anyone) would just say "OK Netherlands folks, by all means, please instruct us on what you feel is proper."? Frankly, I could give a shit what you think is proper.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 11-10-2009 at 09:22.

One side of the pond cares deeply for one's personal freedoms, the other does not... no surprise there.
    Maybe...
    Some people consider the right to wield guns and highpowerlaserpointers as the summit of personal freedom.

Others prefer the right at audience scanning, buying beer at 16, the right at euthanasia, and the right at abortion.

No one elected him (or you) to decide what can and cannot be discussed here.
    Could you please quote any form of suggested censorship then ?

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I'm actively searching all the ebay like sites in the Netherlands together with other forum members to make these sites stay clean with high powered pointers and I must say it's pretty effective, most sites are pretty clean now

With these reaction on the topic I hope someone else think twice before they post a pointer review on this forum. Because if you now google at wick**t Lasers 2010 you get multiple results linking to this forum and LPF.
    What I'm getting out of this is a commitment by McCarrot to rally others to jump on anyone who tries to post about laser pointers here and on other forums. Am I mistaken? No.. Is this "suggested censorship"? Yup..

Also, along with our treasured right to bear arms we share the same freedoms you listed except a right to euthanasia (or assisted suicide), which I can live without, personally. Regardless, a person's idea of what the summit of their personal freedom is is up to them. That's the beauty of it. No one else has a right to tell you what your values must be. They can suggest, but to force or attempt to force?... Nope, that's unacceptable.

You can rest assured that EVERY time I hear talk about "Let's ban laser pointers because ALL people who use them are idiots who point at planes and people's retinas" I'll step in to call it out because blanket statements are bullshit along with blanket solutions. I own laser pointers, and I'm no idiot. Other members here own laser pointers, are they idiots? Nope, not as far as I'm concerned, how about you?

There's no arguing with the fact that the ONLY member here with the right to censor is the Admin, and I'd be HIGHLY surprised to see any censorship from him. Let me make it real clear for you, since I know a lot of logic gets lost on the trip across the pond: This forum belongs to the admin. Not to you. Not to McCarrot. Especially not to McCarrot. Not to me. Therefore, the only person who can say what is acceptable to post is the admin. That's it. You guys can cry about it all you want, but the fact remains.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 11-10-2009 at 10:34.

No, this is helping sites like ebay stay clean of pointers AS IT IS their pollicy to ban these items, because they are illegal in our country.
    No, this is actually starting a discussion on pointers.
    Somehow these discussions repel pointer enthusiasts like...like...
    Like cats are repelled by tiger-dumpings.

Oh, did I mention the right to smoke marijuana in my previous post?