Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wickedlasers evolution pro 2010, 130mW. Extensive and unbiased review.

Come on guys, can't we just agree to disagree and drop the personal attacks?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree, and throughout this thread I haven't contested the opinion that portable lasers are potentially bad for the industry. Not once have I stated that I support the idea that everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want with their high-powered portable lasers, but simply because I spoke in defense of a person's right to own a high-powered portable laser at all, I and everyone else who exercises this right are labeled and treated as being mentally inferior to those who want to see all portable lasers outright banned. That's BULLSHIT plain and simple, and I will ALWAYS call that attitude out when I see it. And I see it a lot here on PL from smug, snobbish europeans by the handles McCarrot and Bart..

Regarding this thread, however, out of respect for the forum I will not post any more here. Dear Leader McCarrot and Smokey the Bart, you're welcome to bash me to your hearts content. Have fun kids.. And remember, keep lots of food and water handy, from what I hear you'll need it. Apparently, cottonmouth and munchies can be a pain in the ass.

I'm disturbed. You think I'm advertising this laser? Isn't the video clear enough? Really, I thought some members here who do enjoy pointers would enjoy reading the review, and now I see some of them said they did.

But you come here and troll the thread with the only purpose of scaring me to post anything else regarding pointers, because it might damage your industry. Are you some kind of Hitler or what?

yeah, I also have a huge amount of posts on laserpointerforums, does this implies that I'm a noob willing to kill people by pointing them at planes? Come on. I just love physics and so I enjoy lasers. The cheapest things that contain high powered lasers are laser pointers and for so I buy them, not because I'm really gonna use them for pointing at anything. Why do I need it to be high powered? Because the physical properties they reveal get easier to observe at those levels. I just enjoy experimenting with them, and if you combine that with my interest for electronics you might try to understand why do I like them.

Oh, and if you had any doubt about my intentions, if I had to buy a high powered green laser for myself, I wouldn't buy this unit. Saying that a ferrari is a great car doesn't imply that you would buy it or that you are advertising it...

I was the first one to use goggles and to post that poster about laser safety -.-
    Last edited by Hallucynogenyc; 12-28-2009 at 07:30.

Sweet review. Looks like a great laser. Looks like wicked has really got their act together and has got a really nice set of lasers this time. I might be buying one of these soon. Thanks for the great review.

Personally I have no porblem with a pointer review and you should be as entitled to post a review here as anyone else.

I do however have 2 problems with pointers generally:

1. Many pointers sold are illegal (eg. isn't the US limit 5mw and yet the majority sold are in the xxx mw range?)

2. They're subject to constant abuse. Maybe not by the responsible members on here or the Pointer forums, but my a very large number of people worldwide and the effects of that abuse potentially threatens everyones ability to have access lasers.

If lasers weren't abused I'd have no problems with pointers but unfortunately the scale of the abuse means they potentially threaten the access to lasers of all types for everyone, responsbile people included.

theyre only abused by f*#king morons that are too lazy(or whatever it is) to look up the laws. you can also blame it on the chinese sellers who dont care about the laws. one thing you cant do is blame it on laser pointers in general... ignorance is bliss...
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

I got your point, however:

1.-Lasers over 5mW aren't illegal worldwide, in my country it's totally legal to own them, AND in the USA they are only forbidden if they are not approved by the FDA. However this laser is FDA approved.

2.-Guns are the most abused thing on the world. For every time they were really useful there are ten in which they are abused, and not for this you ban them right? Same here!

3.-If a moron would want to by a laser to disturb people, he wouldn't buy a 400$ pointer

4.-Did my review, attitude or video look like if I was the kind of moron planing to abuse it?

I also love laser shows and it would suck to see them banned. However I feel what you should do is to educate people in the safety and responsibility like we do on the pointer forums instead kicking enthusiasts like me in this way!

hello Hallucynogenyc

I think you're wrong on that point: yes, there are morons for buying $400 laser pointers and shine them at airplanes and everything

but you're also right on some points as to educate, and as pointers are not necessarily a wrong thing

the wrong part of the affair is that pointers are easy to carry on and easy to shine at people, and that there will always be morons to use them off-purpose

there is a point to mention though, it is the fact that lab style lasers are occasionally shined at people from buildings too, like we saw in a chinese video months ago, and they carry the same physical danger

yes, there is a problem with firearms being as easily handheld as a laser pointer, but you don't need a license to own laser pointers, so they are easier to abuse

what I agree is that the (responsible) laser pointer enthusiasts are as deserving as other laser enthusiasts, and at least we don't see any handheld vagburners around (except laserben )

I have myself had my pointers some years ago, and I know how entertaining they can be when experimenting freely without the need of a fixed supply and so on, and when I took them outside the maximum I did in nonsense was perhaps shining at someone's ceiling innocently without more harm than running in the bushes before they had a look at the window ^^

all that said to relieve a bit what is over laser pointers, as we all have something to learn about each other (reference to some awesome builds from the two parties)

Completely agreed, I see not everyone's the same here

However, this about the 400$ laser, morons who use them for bad things are almost always using the cheap chinese pointers, because they don't need reliability, good divergence or anything like that. A 130mW pointer can be purchased easily under 100$ and even less, that's why I made the point about that.

I really enjoy shows and so, however my bucket doesn't allow me anything more expensive than my DIY spirograph xD You can find the thread about it here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/3-...aph-41277.html

It only a matter of time before some 'person' decides to mess up a critical moment in a major sports event, like the superbowl or mlb or any other worldcup.

Them we'll see how broad the public support for the legal commercial availability of these gadgets is.