Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Wickedlasers evolution pro 2010, 130mW. Extensive and unbiased review.

and also once a stupid guy decided that a laser show intended to scan the air could be used for crowd scanning and blinded a huge amount of people in Russia. Does this means laser shows must be banned? HELL NO!

HELL NO! It means that the availability of these lasers should be limited to people with provable expertise.

The problem is that laser shows technicians are not that much that can be controlled. Laser enthusiasts are many to try to control each of them. For this reason education is the proper way

Don't feed the trolls Albert..

I couldn't care less, it's their forum, not mine xD

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    HELL NO! It means that the availability of these lasers should be limited to people with provable expertise.
    eh, thats a slippery slope which I do not agree with

and I guess there must be a LOT of morons here since most of these look like more than 5mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFe32Omy44

thats at a photonlexicon meet (SELEM 09 IIRC)

(note that I do not think any of you guys are morons, just making a point)

^If you ask the above mentioned trolls, EVERYONE who owns a portable laser is a moron. Including every member of PL who does.. which likely includes them. Can we say "hypocritical"?

Anyway, I can't possibly continue anymore with this pointless argument. Wake me up whenever the laws are passed..

Wait. This video is a PL meeting? is it just me or they all got high powered pointers and they are aiming a plastic helicopter that reflects the beams WITHOUT goggles?

lasers over 5mw are NOT illegal in the us... if you guys knew as much about the CDRH as you though you did you would know that lasers over 5mw have to have at least a 5 point safety system on them to be over 5mw. and lets not forget about the new compliance with the IEC regs that makes any laser in the us legal as long as it complies with the IEC regs...
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Quote Originally Posted by Hallucynogenyc View Post
    The problem is that laser shows technicians are not that much that can be controlled. Laser enthusiasts are many to try to control each of them. For this reason education is the proper way
    Yeah right, when I want to educate my little nephew on safe laser usage I will immediately redirect him to the 'Lil Phallus Forum.