Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 mw R-G-B Chinese Projector $399.00

This looks an interesting buy at the next level:

610mw TTL RGB (405) and 40K scanners

http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/6175

think I rather buy two of the $400 ones and upgrade the violet myself... these would make a great set of flank projectors so primarily for beams - where the scanner speed is not really that important

Default re

hiya

firstly id like to put z little warning out about CDS. its not the company its self its the shipping of there products.

i bought a 200mw laser from them and was very impressed with it. its a great product for the price and when arrived was over spec.

the problem was when it arrived in the uk it came via port to port to make shipping cheaper. when it arrived in manchester a company decided that they were going to sign for it at customs and put it in storage on behalf of CDS and myself until i made collection.

i arrived to collect the item and they told me there was a release fee and storage charge and the customs and tax. it came to about £200 more. i went ape at them telling them there just conning me and i didnt request this service so why am i paying for it.

anyways they had me by the balls so i just paid it. i contacted CDs and they were interested to hear about it cause had never had this before. they were helpful in a way as they contacted me about it on several occasions but didnt offer any money bak and stuff. in fact since this i have noticed they have changed there website to tell u that customs and other charges may be added which are out of control of CDS (just a little arse covering i think)

anyways i was very happy with the product and couldnt fault CDs fot there service and help so decided to get a second one but learn from my mistakes and get it delivered direct to my door.
    this way i wouldnt incurr any aditional charges that have been stated.

i waited and waited and about 2 weeks later my second unit turned up. i was chuffed and it had cost me about £100 less than the first so was very happy. this time DHL had delivered it direct to my house meaning less hassle for me and i thought less charges

walks into my house a month later with a letter from DHL on the matt telling me that customs and tax charges had been paid on behalf of me when entering the country and i owed them £142. i was totally outraged.
    i contested this but in the end i decided the best bet was to pay up as they were asking me for legal charges.

all im putting this warning up for is that i didnt want anyone else (especially in the uk) to get stung by this as i think it only seems to be when this company sends stuff to the uk that these charges appear.

CDS is a wholesale company and all VAT, TAX and CUSTOMS duty has not been paid before shipping which is sometimes why there prtoducts are very cheap. just be careful and calculate these extra costs before buying as it might not be such a great deal after all.

saying that the 2 i bought were still a good price but i felt i had been sharked out of aload of money afterwards so just be careful with it

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    DHL
    theres your problem right there... whenever you order anything from china, ship it EMS

Default Shipping

Hi. I had no problems with customes or shipping so the hole unit caost less than $500.00 with shipping of DHL. no back charges or taxes. WOW some countrys are more greedy i guess. Happy here the the DHL door to door. Deals Extream is a problem though. Have a great Day John

I have never had a customs problem with EMS, and have heard very few EMS customs horror stories... I have heard tons of people (especially in the UK) have had customs problems with DHL

Default re

its not just dhl mate, the uk iv found are very greedy at everything. it annoys me really cause its not just this thats different here.
    iv recently been getting a laser diode delivered and it was posted 3 times to my house address and returned to sender. the reason is that there are 2 88 chester roads in my home town of warrington and the post service are so rubbish they cant be bothered to look at the postal code
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Does anyone have a link to where we can get these for $400? I would really like to get one or two or 3....

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Does anyone have a link to where we can get these for $400? I would really like to get one or two or 3....
    Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi Here is the lint to the projector at the chinese department store Item #1700. http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/1700
    ask for Vash sales person and say john sent you. Good luck. John
    There ya go! Have fun with them.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Adjustable dichro mounts? W00t!!!!!!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!