Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 300 mw R-G-B Chinese Projector $399.00

Now we know why its so cheap I bet these are usually 1xxx$ Maschines but they have to get rid of those where someone thought "mhh, girls will love and buy lila showlasers like they like a pink DSi!"

Well, the price looks like its down to $347 now so even better value. Does anyone have a picture of this unit running the 30k ILDA test pattern? What would it take to make this analogue?

Default Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    No denying that they are dangerous, that's why it's best to rebuild them.. There's also no denying that they can be a quick and economical way to get most of the parts you need to build your own and then add your own safety features to your design. Provided, of course, that you know who to buy from. Some of us here on PL would rather build than buy..
    I'm TOTALLY new to this hobby, so some of my questions may be dumb. But, could you give me a general idea about what you mean by "dangerous"? Thanks.

Default Chinese Projector

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi Here is the lint to the projector at the chinese department store Item #1700. http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/1700
    ask for Vash sales person and say john sent you. Good luck. John
    I'm really impressed with this projector from its description and what you have had to say about it. I am totally new to this and feel like this projector will be a good start for a beginner. What software are you using, and is it fairly easy to learn? Also, could you tell me what shipping method you chose when ordering this projector, and how long it took to get to you? Thanks.

I think i will stress my cc a bit and just order the item next week.

And when its here, i hope to find someone in my surrounding with a Pango oder other good-for-ILDA-Test DAC, and then we will check everything and i post a full review - with picures, ftw!

I recently purchased a PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA laser from PF Lighting (30Kpps / Green 532nm/Red 650nm/Blue 405nm). Thats the laser your guys are looking at here.

Weblink:
    http://www.pf-lighting.com/2009en/in...0&productname=

I can say that I am pleased with this laser, yes its only 300mw but enough for a small club. I get a pretty good white mix and7 color range. The Violet isn't really visible on its own but does a good job mixing with red/green to get the other colors. I had to recalibrate the red laser (which was surprising easy) to center it on the violet. The violet beam is fatter than the red/green so you do get a halio effect if you look closely at the mix. I don't know if the galvos are true 30Kpps, they are very small compared with other 20Kpps stepper motor lasers I own. How do I tell the galvo speed? At 30kpps using ishow DAC simple line animations are great but more complex moving frame animations look warped. Can someone tell me if this is normal for 30kpps? Also I read that you can mix a little green with the 405 violet to make a better blue, what mw rating green diode would i need to make a better blue? these are the mw ratings.
    100mW 532nm wavelength green laser, TE-cooled
    250mW 635nm wavelength red laser, TE-cooled
    50mW 405nm wavelength Violet laser, TE-cooled

I can post images if you like of this in auction, you will see a video @ link i posted above.

300mw RGB Animation Laser (PF115) Feature Specification
    Features: RGB full color animation laser with high-speed optical scanner to create animated graphics, 128 beam and graphics show patterns, and with the function of unique blanking, frequently flashing, rotating, movement, billowing, zoom (+/-), drawing, speed and color, ect.

Scanner: High-speed optical scanner, big angle scanning

Laser:
    50mW 473nm wavelength blue laser, TE-cooled
    300mW mixed white laser

Play Mode: Sound Active, AUTO-Beam, AUTO-Animation, DMX512 (12 channels), Master/Slave, PC Control

PC control: Compatible ILDA laser show software with ILDA interface. Use electronic switches to conversion full ILDA signal.

Safety Capacity: Automatically identify ILDA or built-in program mode. Master/slave mode, DMX512 and PC control mode, will shut off laser automatically without trigger signal. Design according to security and good performance, safer to human and environment

Power Supply: 100~250V, 50/60HZ, 100W
    Size: 500*330*170mm
    Weight: 10Kg

Applicable for Disco, Clubs, KTV, Pub, Bar, family party, ect.

Gadget
    Last edited by Gadget; 01-30-2010 at 13:18.

Yes, as they are located in Guangzhou too, i bet these are building it.

Gadget, can you please photograph and post a ILDA Testframe @ 10k, 20k ,30k, 40k?

(In other words: any Laser ist wothless without Testframe )

I have one of these in a 500mw variety and while its a nice entry into the ilda side of things, i will walk nude in martin place if you can get 30 k scanning out of the unit. you will need to load up an ILDA test frame to see what speed scanners are installed. remember to start with a low speed and smaller scan angle and slowly work your way up in speed and angle based on your results.

I learnt the hard and toasted a scanner set by assuming they would run at the spec stated. Admitedley i did get replacment units (which turned out to be refurbished and needed to be replace as well.)

I have replaced the supplied scanners with LW50 K scanners (NOT) which i run at 19K for prolonged periods ina club environment.

Mine was in the big build format with roadcase, post some pics if you get the chance open the case i would like to see how there build quality has come along since my purchase 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I recently purchased a PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA laser from PF Lighting (30Kpps / Green 532nm/Red 650nm/Blue 405nm). Thats the laser your guys are looking at here.

Weblink:
    http://www.pf-lighting.com/2009en/in...0&productname=

I can say that I am pleased with this laser, yes its only 300mw but enough for a small club. I get a pretty good white mix and7 color range. The Violet isn't really visible on its own but does a good job mixing with red/green to get the other colors. I had to recalibrate the red laser (which was surprising easy) to center it on the violet. The violet beam is fatter than the red/green so you do get a halio effect if you look closely at the mix. I don't know if the galvos are true 30Kpps, they are very small compared with other 20Kpps stepper motor lasers I own. How do I tell the galvo speed? At 30kpps using ishow DAC simple line animations are great but more complex moving frame animations look warped. Can someone tell me if this is normal for 30kpps? Also I read that you can mix a little green with the 405 violet to make a better blue, what mw rating green diode would i need to make a better blue? these are the mw ratings.
    50mW 405nm wavelength Violet laser, TE-cooled

I can post images if you like of this in auction, you will see a video @ link i posted above.

300mw RGB Animation Laser (PF115) Feature Specification
    Features: RGB full color animation laser with high-speed optical scanner to create animated graphics, 128 beam and graphics show patterns, and with the function of unique blanking, frequently flashing, rotating, movement, billowing, zoom (+/-), drawing, speed and color, ect.

Scanner: High-speed optical scanner, big angle scanning

Laser:
    50mW 473nm wavelength blue laser, TE-cooled
    300mW mixed white laser

Play Mode: Sound Active, AUTO-Beam, AUTO-Animation, DMX512 (12 channels), Master/Slave, PC Control

PC control: Compatible ILDA laser show software with ILDA interface. Use electronic switches to conversion full ILDA signal.

Safety Capacity: Automatically identify ILDA or built-in program mode. Master/slave mode, DMX512 and PC control mode, will shut off laser automatically without trigger signal. Design according to security and good performance, safer to human and environment

Power Supply: 100~250V, 50/60HZ, 100W
    Size: 500*330*170mm
    Weight: 10Kg

Applicable for Disco, Clubs, KTV, Pub, Bar, family party, ect.

Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    Yes, as they are located in Guangzhou too, i bet these are building it.

Gadget, can you please photograph and post a ILDA Testframe @ 10k, 20k ,30k, 40k?

(In other words: any Laser ist wothless without Testframe )
    sure thing, I can overdrive the scan rate in ishow to 40k i think from 30k. Will post pics tonight, but the colours never come out right taking pics unless im 2 Meters away from the laserhead.

Default 30k?

What scan angle are you guys running these at? Are you running the same angle (size) for all speeds?