Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 300 mw R-G-B Chinese Projector $399.00

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    What scan angle are you guys running these at? Are you running the same angle (size) for all speeds?
    this unit i have with the replaced LW50 scanners runs 19K at 15degrees for long periods of time... the originals were run at similar spec but did not stand up to tthe treatment.

next set of scanners i get will be original CT scanners, ive learnt the hard way your better of buying once right.

Usually the laser tuning spec. is 30k at 8 degrees. If they were tuned that way then running 30k at 15 degrees would not be good. Less for 50k. Also it would depend on what you put out to your scanners at 30k... you certainly can throw out some junk frames and toast a set of scanners even though you are not exceeding the output rating of the scanner. Are you sure you are not just using them incorrectly?

Sorry to side step the main thread... Let's see some pictures or video!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Usually the laser tuning spec. is 30k at 8 degrees. If they were tuned that way then running 30k at 15 degrees would not be good. Less for 50k. Also it would depend on what you put out to your scanners at 30k... you certainly can throw out some junk frames and toast a set of scanners even though you are not exceeding the output rating of the scanner. Are you sure you are not just using them incorrectly?

Sorry to side step the main thread... Let's see some pictures or video!!!
    I posted demo images/video of ilda frame at different scan rates here:http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...anyone-own-one

Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    Well, the price looks like its down to $347 now so even better value. Does anyone have a picture of this unit running the 30k ILDA test pattern? What would it take to make this analogue?
    I'd even consider buying this unit (300EUR total inc. shipping) even if I were to rip all of the useless stuff out and save the case and power supply.

If you want this unit analogue, and good looking:

Laser: $350
    3 Flexmods: $75
    Can of flat black spray paint: $2.50

For $400 you got the job done and you can always drop in some more powerful lasers or scanners if you're not satisfied.

Angry CDS Sting in the tail

re

hiya

firstly id like to put z little warning out about CDS. its not the company its self its the shipping of there products.

i bought a 200mw laser from them and was very impressed with it. its a great product for the price and when arrived was over spec.

the problem was when it arrived in the uk it came via port to port to make shipping cheaper. when it arrived in manchester a company decided that they were going to sign for it at customs and put it in storage on behalf of CDS and myself until i made collection.

i arrived to collect the item and they told me there was a release fee and storage charge and the customs and tax. it came to about £200 more. i went ape at them telling them there just conning me and i didnt request this service so why am i paying for it.

anyways they had me by the balls so i just paid it. i contacted CDs and they were interested to hear about it cause had never had this before. they were helpful in a way as they contacted me about it on several occasions but didnt offer any money bak and stuff. in fact since this i have noticed they have changed there website to tell u that customs and other charges may be added which are out of control of CDS (just a little arse covering i think)

anyways i was very happy with the product and couldnt fault CDs fot there service and help so decided to get a second one but learn from my mistakes and get it delivered direct to my door.
    this way i wouldnt incurr any aditional charges that have been stated.

i waited and waited and about 2 weeks later my second unit turned up. i was chuffed and it had cost me about £100 less than the first so was very happy. this time DHL had delivered it direct to my house meaning less hassle for me and i thought less charges

walks into my house a month later with a letter from DHL on the matt telling me that customs and tax charges had been paid on behalf of me when entering the country and i owed them £142. i was totally outraged.
    i contested this but in the end i decided the best bet was to pay up as they were asking me for legal charges.

all im putting this warning up for is that i didnt want anyone else (especially in the uk) to get stung by this as i think it only seems to be when this company sends stuff to the uk that these charges appear.

CDS is a wholesale company and all VAT, TAX and CUSTOMS duty has not been paid before shipping which is sometimes why there prtoducts are very cheap. just be careful and calculate these extra costs before buying as it might not be such a great deal after all.

saying that the 2 i bought were still a good price but i felt i had been sharked out of aload of money afterwards so just be careful with it

cheers ollie

Yep, been there done that
    CDS, Great,
    Vash good guy very helpful
    UK Borders agency (feckin wa****s) and my mum works for them
    I bought 4 double tunnel 50mW green shinp lasers (sold two immediately) together with 2 RGB LED blinders.
    got a great deal on all 6 units and have been running the double tunnels for 3 years now with no problems other than faulty dip switches which I've since fixed.

shipping into the UK cost as much (nearly) as the original units so has put me off buying and RGB from them.

Hi all, go direct to PF-lighting to buy them, contact name Rainy at pflighting@hotmail.com
    What i got sent was the pf-114 and quickshow via dhl.
    And they kindly put the price on the invoice as $100, instead of $790 so if you do get hit by tax vat etc, it wont be as much, hope this helps, and yes they are 15K scanners not as advertised 30K.
    If any one has modded there please message me with how, price and component supplier.

Hope this helps you all.
    Regards Howard

Ok, I've ordered one. Will try my luck, anyway, it's indeed the cheapest solution for beginners to understand the whole thing about rgb lasers and to try modding projectors.
    Soooo, in two-three weeks I'm to provide some photos and videos of that laser with mamba black 1.9.
    Also I could compare it with G-TECH Highlase series projectors, with 200G and 300RGY, if anyone interested, ofcoz))))))

Wink

Greetings again, PL. Got my PF-114 today, bought it from PF-Lighting for 250$ plus 30$ shipping to Russia, contact Rita. Shipping took 13 days, everything was smooth, projector was packed in carton box, fixed with foam, pretty secure.
    Unfortunately, I forgot to ask them for black projector case, sooooo I've got PINK METALLIC projector))))). Anyway, got to the club, connected it to one of mamba DACs to see if I was right spending money that way. Well, I must say, I'm not dissapointed. With laser modules output power, at least. Dunno if those are really 150mw 650nm, 60mw 532nm and 120mw 405nm, but in that club I've got 3 chinese 200mw G-TECH 532nm projectors, those do really pack a punch in that venue (club can accomodate nine hundred clubbers easily) - I thought PF-114 would get lost with all that green in there, but it seems that projector has a bit more powerful modules than advertised.
    Dichros were perfectly aligned from the beginning, I had no problems with that.
    After two hours of operation case and modules' temperature was almost equal to ambient (to touch, I didn't have time for accurate measuring yet), ambient temp was about 24C.
    Scanners. Emmm. Yes. Those are aligned like... Emmm. Crap. Scanner block with drivers - those are the parts I'm going to throw away first. Fortunately, I've bought ScanLSP-30 from Phenixtechnologies, the package came the same day the laser did. Yesterday.
    Those scanners in PF-114 just scan only 1/4 part of available angle, a square from X-Y center to 2 o'clock border, to be exact. I really don't know why that is happening, and I honestly don't want to know. I'll just make a new case so ScanLSP-30 drivers and PSU can be mounted - and that'll be all. Those, if happen to be misaligned, are ought to be tuned, those are 30k scanners after all.
    From what I saw projecting mamba's signal with PF-114, projector has 10-15k scanners for sure. Not even 20k. Miracles do happen only in fairytales.
    In short. I'm really happy with colors, brightness, pink case and 280 dollars spent on all that.
    Scanning subsystem is to be unmounted, to free space for ScanLSP-30K.
    I'm starting to think that I've really sold my soul to the Devil of Coherence.
    I'll upload some images of PF-114 with its original scanners working with Mamba 1.9 and ISHOW (yeah, I've bought it also and yes, I do believe to 90% of PL users' words about ISHOW being a second to none crap) in a couple of days, when I stop tinkerin with my first laser projector.
    From now on I'm honored to call myself a newbie laser hobbyst!

Talking Cheap Chinese OK ?

Hi Again. I have a PINK one also and I did a few things to mine so far, I did turn the laser gun platform around and took out the bounce mirror so to shoot directly at the galvos, then I took out the 405nm and put in a 445nm laser diode modual direct fit and the driver will drive it good. Now I see the Blue and walla, This may help you on your projector. I knew this was a fun challenge to get to a nice unit, little monie/big ideas. Have fun John H

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi Again. I have a PINK one also and I did a few things to mine so far, I did turn the laser gun platform around and took out the bounce mirror so to shoot directly at the galvos, then I took out the 405nm and put in a 445nm laser diode modual direct fit and the driver will drive it good. Now I see the Blue and walla, This may help you on your projector. I knew this was a fun challenge to get to a nice unit, little monie/big ideas. Have fun John H
    Hi!
    You say that O-like blue 445 module fits there for good?
    I am also thinkin of turning the whole system and get rid of that corner mirror and the one with which green light is reflected. Maybe I won't even need to make or buy another case for that little monster. And If you've used the one 445 I'm talkin about - does it really have a potentiometer so I can make it shoot around 200mW? Not only for white balance, but for overall safety. I don't need a 600-1000mW module... For now, at least.