Thread: LSX Review !LARGE IMAGES!

Default LSX Review !LARGE IMAGES!

LSX Review.
    This software is great.
    It has many basic features that allow any skill level to use the software with ease.
    Operations are as simple as drag and drop.
    Here is the time line interface.

Its very simple, you drag and drop ILD frames or animation onto the time line.
    There are also tons of effects and tool to then take a frame and animate or just make it better.
    There are several time lines, they can be used for different projectors or just layer 2 frames on top of each other.

Here is the frame creation that comes with LSX.
    This is by far my favorite drawing tool to make ILDA frames or animations.
    Whats cool about the drawing software is you can create 3D drawings.
    I found this to be very cool for the fact that i could drawn in 3d then use the rotate ild file in the time line and it would show off my cool 3d ilda file.
    It also has A very nice text feature to allow the use of any normal windows text fonts or special laser true type fonts.
    Here is a picture from a-z please note that is a door and i shifted the camera threw the pic getting a better one on monday.

okay se lets go back to the timeline

Okay so as you can see there are ILDA frames on the time line now.
    But if you look below you see these weird blue boxes.
    These are effect boxes.
    They can take any static or animated ilda frame and add effects like color shift size screen position.
    Now some ask okay so what? whats soo good about being able to manipulate frames without actually editing them.
    Think like this you draw a circle plain and boring.
    You can go into effect and add color shifting, it will change colors over the given time and rate you specify in the effect, but lets not stop there.
    Now you add change XY size so it grows bigger then shrinks and set it fast almost to a pulse.
    Now the final effect MOVEXY you add the effect to tell it to move around the screen.
    So you took a boring circle patters and turned it into a cool color changing spot like that moves and changes sizes.
    Here is another view of the main interface but with a song loaded.

This is nice for when you want to make effect timed to the music. The software also has drop points so as you listen you can set markers to start and stop files that way you dont have to write down time spots.
    As you can also see there is a live preview window.
    This window is very helpful for syncing up your music and effects.
    Much better than having to pull out your scanner.
    Here is a picture of the live show feature.

This feature takes spaced out ILDA frames on the timeline wither there effects and put them all to its own buttons for easy live show control.
    You also have the option to play the show in order like a movie or use this to change it on the fly.

I See you are using the live board I've created, take care with the 2 line 8 column frame ;-)

yea, stupid question is there a way to make those boxes smaller and show more of them?

Is this live board available somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    I See you are using the live board I've created, take care with the 2 line 8 column frame ;-)
    leading in trailing technology

As far as I know this is ONLY for use with the LSX program. I use a Midi keyboard for my live interface..

Looks quite similar to Pangolin's ShowRider, the way in which the timeline works etc. Should be pretty easy getting to know it in that case.