Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 mw R-G-B Chinese Projector $399.00

Laser Warning 300 mw R-G-B Chinese Projector $399.00

Well I thought I would try the $399.00 Chinese department Store add of the R-G-B 300mw projector claiming +30kpps. It takes about 2 weeks to ship and they jacked me around on the shipping so far. I will see if it is as stated and if not tear it down and re build. OR JUST RETURN TO THEM> I will let you know if it is any good if any one might be intrestade. I will test it and let you know the effects are. Any one else tried this one?? John

if it goes and puts out light, 400$ ? sounds ok , im planning to try a 610mw model they have, its 560us i think, basic ILDA and dmx and violet , is fine for 50-150 people, small promoters love that, i think its also ideal for a learner to pull a running laser apart...

Some Chinese projectors are ideal to buy and rebuild. I bought an RGB system made by LKI in China (LK-MC2) and it has been working great for some time now. It uses all CNI modules (300mW 650nm, 100mW 532nm, 50mW 473nm, all over spec) and the 30k galvo system is quite well tuned. the green must be dialed back a tad for the best white, but that's no problem since it averages ~140mW. The system costs around $1600 with analog modulation, but if you went to distributors to buy all the same parts to build a projector it would likely cost an individual more than that.

Yes thats a good idea! Tare it apart Then they can learn that there is no scanfailure and other safety,s in those projectors an d see that they are quit dangerous. Hopefully they learn that to buy a safe projector.

No denying that they are dangerous, that's why it's best to rebuild them.. There's also no denying that they can be a quick and economical way to get most of the parts you need to build your own and then add your own safety features to your design. Provided, of course, that you know who to buy from. Some of us here on PL would rather build than buy..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 11-12-2009 at 16:44.

Thats is a smart idea elektrofreak. Rebuild it and at least build in a scanfailure.You save enough this way to make it safe

Thumbs up Sanity??

Hi Again, I am a beginner at this but I love it and I see I am on the right track. No one said it was going to be a cheap hoby. but I thought I was loosing my sanity with the thought of buying this if nothing else for the optics and parts. Even if the shipping was $85.00.
    The Blue Ray 50mw may look a little shy on power and might have to bump it up with a 100mw.
    I plan on using it with Mamba and Music shows as I am a DJ for a hobby at 63. I project it on a higher wall above the people and don't point anything at them. Eagles flying to music goes over nicley (fly liike an eagle) Thanks for your feed back guys. John

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Well I thought I would try the $399.00 Chinese department Store add of the R-G-B 300mw projector claiming +30kpps.
    Hi John, when you get the projector, please could you measure the dimensions inside the case, and take a few photos for us? Of course, I'm not expecting much of the components or build quality inside, but it is a very cheap way to start with RGB!

Default Chinese

Hi, I will take pictures of it and post them, I have got some units as is R-G-Y from Ebay for parts and they look alike with scanners like the early Amega scanners, Will get in on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks John

Would you have a link to where you purchased your projector..

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 10-31-2011 at 02:59. Reason: Spelling errors
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions