Thread: 610mw Green Red And Violet Animation Laser Light - $560

Post 610mw Green Red And Violet Animation Laser Light - $560

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and new to the world of lasers.
    I've got an NRG 470mW RGP unit that I've had for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty pleased with it (although the violet could be a little more powerful)

Anyhow, I was looking at this
    http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/5943
    and wondered if any of you chaps had any experience with it?

I'd read the post on the 300mW RGP for $399 and it looked a pretty good deal.....

All comments very welcome

Many thanks,

Nik

Violet is always hard to see as its right on the edge of the eye's sensitivity range which is centred around 528nm. Violet is down at 405nm and barely visible as a result.

If you want more visibility, you need to get a proper blue laser. Violet is considered good for enhancing white balance but pretty poor as a beam colour. Its ok for graphics though.

How about adding a second weak green module to mix with the purple getting a more visible cyane?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    How about adding a second weak green module to mix with the purple getting a more visible cyane?
    I've played with green and violet a bit in my old RGBV before I got the Kvant and in my opinion it doesn't work too well. you go from violet to green to fast and never really get a blue.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yeah its almost impossible with analog because they never both raise power proportionaly. But this CDS Thing shall be TTL, nor? so G and B will be on max level or off always. Thereby it shoulda be possible with a good fine pot to adjust this itsy-bitsy portion of greeness mixing to the violet?

Lightbulb

Even dialing the green up bit by bit you never get a good blue; turning up a green laser with a pot is just like turing one up with software. 405nm is best used in addition to 473nm to compliment 473nm, not used with 532 to make 488.