Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LASERSCOPE ORION for sale

im interested yes, you have my offer ill let you decide if you want to accept or not.

if it wasnt clive then my bad
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I honestly think that laserscopes should be banned from ebay and the public in general
    I'm sorry for the very rare kind of people that are responsible enough to deal with this, but they are just too frightingly dangerous in the hands of unexperienced users ...

I assure you, I know exactly how dangerous these units are which is why it is unsuitable for my use.

I will make sure, who ever ends up with this, fully appreciates what it is !

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im interested yes, you have my offer ill let you decide if you want to accept or not.

if it wasnt clive then my bad
    Sorry Andy, Cant accept that offer but thanks anyway.

Not Clive !

The unit itself is good and yes maybe I could have paid more attention to the mods it but I have little time for projects these days which is a shame.
    I have 3 other large frame lasers which take my time keeping them allighned ..LOL

I remember after the incident in las vegas and laserscope was wanting to detach their name from the entertainment business PERMANTLY. The stock holders were in a rage because of the incident.

They said I have one year on my exclusive contract to purchase as many as I can. I bought 10. (not these things the Ultra Ray version) The following year they were out of the light show business...so they thought, they introduce new products for the hospitals and a plethera of these nasty, smelling vag burners get dumped in the surplus market totally destroying anything that had any class and about 6 years of progress I had made.

Everyone of them should have been destroyed the day they were taken out of service. Now they circulate the planet like a paraah ending up in the hands of un qualified individuals (not talking about you simon) but this POS could make its way down to some DJ with a few hundred dollars and potentially hurt someone.

*stepping off soap box
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Laserman532,

I do understand your sentiment, but I cannot afford to simply lose it as I need to replace it with something more suitable for my purposes. !
    Yes, they are dangerous in the wrong hands but this is why I have advertised it here where the pro's hang out and not ebay.

At the end of the day ALL lasers are dangerous if missused. !

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Laserman532,

I do understand your sentiment, but I cannot afford to simply lose it as I need to replace it with something more suitable for my purposes. !
    Yes, they are dangerous in the wrong hands but this is why I have advertised it here where the pro's hang out and not ebay.

At the end of the day ALL lasers are dangerous if missused. !
    If I were Bill Gates, I would buy it and drop it off the golden gate bridge just to see how high i could get a splash.

Does anyone take any pride in quality and workmanship anymore?

Yes all lasers are dangerous in the wrong hands...but these are especially dangerous. If you have integrity...make sure the buyer is qualified. You do not want some fucking DJ getting a hold of this and hurting somebody and have that on your conscience for the rest of your life for a few bucks.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

That's a nice setup! Hope you find a good home for it

Me thinks that by commenting on banning any high power lasers or pointers, calling cdrh, fda, etc. (there has been plenty of talk about this). Maybe there will come a time when there will be nothing but 5mw lasers/diodes available. sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Why does everyone assume on this website that a newbie talking about laserscopes hasnt got a clue !

I have vast experience with lasers far more dangerous than this as my expertise is in laser metal cutting/etching and welding with photon source devices that make the laserscope look like a pen torch !

Yes, I am hoping an experienced person takes this off my hands but I will make sure who ever has it is fully aware of the risks and correct safe use..

If you feel so strongly about it... make me an offer...

As for Bill Gates... Thats another story ..LOL

gogu,

Sadly, You may be right . !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Why does everyone assume on this website that a newbie talking about laserscopes hasnt got a clue !
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8472 this is the reason...
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Can anyone tell what the maximum power levels we are allowed to talk about on here without the speeches being given ? LOL