Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: LASERSCOPE ORION for sale

The power instability is notoriously common to multimode lasers using SHG almost irrespective of the gain medium.

it even has a name "The Green Problem" and while there are several mechanisms the polarisation dynamics are thought to be a major source of the issue.
    In fact there are reports of an L fold having the noise substantially reduced by fitting a polarising optic as the OC.

The Cobra design is really nice, but what is that box with the two connections between the rod and the OC?
    My 800 series optical plate has the Q switch there, but that is clearly down at the far end of the rod in the Cobra, so I can only assume that the item in question is some sort of intracavity shutter?
    Definitely a job to aspire to, I am taking a different route, but hope the finished job will be equally satisfactory.

personally I am not a fan of mounting the lamp igniter remotely, I would rather ship in ~200V then 35KV pulses, but that is a design decision and can be argued both ways (it trades off needing to modify the power supply).

I don't know why these lasers seem to attract minimum effort 'conversions' in the way that they do, I mean a stock unit is big, stupidly **heavy**, and even if you stick scanners on it, kind of difficult to get up a scaffold tower without a forklift. Get the tools out and you can split it into two or three units that are easy two person lifts, and fit in the back of an estate car.

Regards, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    The power instability is notoriously common to multimode lasers using SHG almost irrespective of the gain medium.

it even has a name "The Green Problem" and while there are several mechanisms the polarisation dynamics are thought to be a major source of the issue.
    In fact there are reports of an L fold having the noise substantially reduced by fitting a polarising optic as the OC.

The Cobra design is really nice, but what is that box with the two connections between the rod and the OC?
    My 800 series optical plate has the Q switch there, but that is clearly down at the far end of the rod in the Cobra, so I can only assume that the item in question is some sort of intracavity shutter?
    Definitely a job to aspire to, I am taking a different route, but hope the finished job will be equally satisfactory.

personally I am not a fan of mounting the lamp igniter remotely, I would rather ship in ~200V then 35KV pulses, but that is a design decision and can be argued both ways (it trades off needing to modify the power supply).

I don't know why these lasers seem to attract minimum effort 'conversions' in the way that they do, I mean a stock unit is big, stupidly **heavy**, and even if you stick scanners on it, kind of difficult to get up a scaffold tower without a forklift. Get the tools out and you can split it into two or three units that are easy two person lifts, and fit in the back of an estate car.

Regards, Dan.
    it is an intra cavity shutter. As you know most HV supplies are generally rack mount. may be no one noticed, but my system is fully automatable via the 15 pin aux on the rack mount. In installations you could fully automate and monitor everything via a laptop on the other side of the planet...not that you would want to do that...but if you wanted to...you could.

you will note this is not a converted laserscope. nothing about it is a converted laserscope. the only thing that is laserscope is the individual components and the patent on the z-fold resonitor.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Yea, I spotted that the design is not anything Laserscope used, and did not mean to imply that a Cobra was a converted vag burner, but there is a definite family resemblance (probably common to all Z folds), only so many ways to arrange 4 mirrors , a rod, KTP and a Q Switch....

Were you the one that perpetrated that 110W Z fold that is mentioned in solid state laser engineering?

Regards, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    Yea, I spotted that the design is not anything Laserscope used, and did not mean to imply that a Cobra was a converted vag burner, but there is a definite family resemblance (probably common to all Z folds), only so many ways to arrange 4 mirrors , a rod, KTP and a Q Switch....

Were you the one that perpetrated that 110W Z fold that is mentioned in solid state laser engineering?

Regards, Dan.
    there are a lot of ways of arranging the components...but only one way works best.

the original 110w z-fold was also by laserscope, i didnt do it...but I could.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    my conversions??? you obviously dont get out much

here is one in a run of 5 identical units.
    2 were sold to a concert promoter dont know where they are now
    2 toured with Nsync when they were big, dont know where they are now

They probably wont impress you, but whatev. They do not come close to laseralex at LFI. But both are LIGHT YEARS ahead of converted vagina burners.
    Pat,
    Thanks for that and yes I am impressed !
    I have not been here for long so I have never seen that before.

Not everyone has the time and/or money to make something look perfect !

However, I am sure I spotted some gaffer tape in one of those pictures.....hahaha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Olympus Camera 005.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	10581
    Last edited by Simon; 12-01-2009 at 05:58.

haha - noting gets by you Sherlock
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I prefer painters tape for dust control !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1744.JPG  

" MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/