Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WTF is this?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    I get told I cannot do outdoor shows because of the actions of other illegal laser companies.

So yeah- No fucking tolerance anymore. period. Game on!

The rules are there for a reason.. Now for those of you who really know me, you know I generally distrust authority and dislike being told what I can and cannot do...

But the bottom line, is that this is not art if it is dangerous. I believe that with my entire being.

If we don't follow the rules, they will take away our right to use lasers to earn money and put food on the table.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Exclamation Sorry for the 'gravedig', but....

OMG!!!! I can't believe I missed this thread!! I guess I was in the throes of Laserium-werk...

Karl - did you ever get any response from Dale / anybody? You might try this link http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...ci/contact.cfm ...probably just end-up on Dales' desk anyway.... God, I miss Frank Mack! ..and 'surprize-surprise': exhaustive-search @ fda.gov turns up ZIPPO for 'Nomadix' nor any 'sub-level' info-searches.... (addresses, etc..) so, no Variance, apparently... sure - fda.gov has got some seriously-outdated Var records, but at least there's SOMEthing in there, on all that have them... 'Nomadix: ZILCH...'

...Sheesh, well, I certainly don't have any more time to play 'lasercop' - really, I HATE having to spend ANY time dealing with this shyte, but like you, I feel 'jealous' for our industry, and the Regs - 'draconian' or not, are what they are, and I just HATE hacks and throatcutters ...they ruin it for everybody!!... I mean, these jerkoffs aren't even capable of BLANKING (...nice catch, heroic! - what kind of Quality can they possbily be offering?? Yeah, well I say: 'Nomoredicks'!!

RE: us in the back of a truck with a 'LS on a leash' for a 'laser guidance system'??? Phthththt! that's funny - when we shoot lasers to test runway-lighting concepts for the FAA -we have the FAA THERE, thankyouverymuch!... (and yeah - that-particular demo was a FAIL, from a 'real-world-solution' standpoint...... but it sure was fun... (... and APPROVED!!!)

Lemme know if I can help at all, Karl...
    peace..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-21-2010 at 01:43.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...