Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

Is the new Version Of Quick Show Ready and Avail?

I don't think it's quite ready yet -

but I imagine we will get a good insiders' update at SELEM, since one or two folks from Pangolin usually show up!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    Is the new Version Of Quick Show Ready and Avail?
    Going off snippets of info from Bill around the forums, i wrongly made an asumption that it'd be around the 18th of July lol

Can't be too long now tho. Saying that, i think a plan to include bluray was supposed to be looked into - Pretty pointless now due to the 445's mefinks. Fair enough lots have bluray in their projectors but i bet they will all be swapping the blurays out for 445's.

I'm looking forward to V2. I don't really mind how long it takes. I'd rather it took a little longer if need be than it be released half cooked.

I'll ask tho: Any idea when we'll see the new version of QuickShow?

Its still being tested but I'd imagine release is close.

The update Marc sent me is pretty damn awesome, timeline works much better, having the virtual vj option is very cool too, can just point it at your library of animations and off it goes, really nice, great stuff.

Here is my conversation with Bill regarding QueMania and the new stuff on the workspace.

Me:
    I downloaded Quickshow, but I noticed on
    > some of the youtube videos that have the demonstrations of it,
    > there are many more QuickFXs than I have. I read that they are
    > using CueMania 1.52, a workspace for it. Is this available to
    > the public?

Bill:
    Not yet, but it will be soon as part of version 2.0. Please wait a little.
    - instinct

Must admit the cool / warm effect for whites looks really good and potentially changes the need to tune for white at the power stage.

Wonder how much of this cool new stuff is going to make it into the 'Professional' products like LivePro?

Given that Bill says that we can't expect too much from the hobbyist products, it would be nice to think that the people paying the extra dollars for the Pro gear might also get to use software that incorporates some of this stuff. Otherwise it sort of devalues the Pro stuff doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Wonder how much of this cool new stuff is going to make it into the 'Professional' products like LivePro?

Given that Bill says that we can't expect too much from the hobbyist products, it would be nice to think that the people paying the extra dollars for the Pro gear might also get to use software that incorporates some of this stuff. Otherwise it sort of devalues the Pro stuff doesn't it?
    I wouldn't say this devalues the pro stuff - Far from it. LivePro is still way more powerful.
    When i bought my FB3 i did feel like the software could have been a bit better. The idea of messing around with a few different limited programs didn't go down too well with me as i found it a bit confusing.

When Quickshow came out i found it suited my hobbyist needs very nicely. Everything i need to do as a hobyist in one piece of software. I love it and i feel Q2 will further justify my FB3 choice.

I've seen posts from people who own the higher end pro Pangolin stuff whinging about us FB3 owners getting Quickshow simply because they think we are 'getting something better' and they want it too, cos they paid more so that entitles them to it. lol This is stupid, they clearly have not exhausted the features of their own software and want for wanting sake.

Quickshow is still hobbyist software. Livepro does a lot more stuff that a 'pro' would need.

Saying that tho, the gap between so-called 'pro' and 'hobbyist' software is closing in software of all kinds. People demand a certain level of functionality. Quickshow is becomming the perfect software tool for the FB3. I feel that my outlay for a FB3 has been a wise move and as i've said before, totally justified for the outlay.

So no, Quickshow does not devalue the 'pro' Pangolin stuff, not even in the slightest.

I've seen posts from people who own the higher end pro Pangolin stuff whinging about us FB3 owners getting Quickshow simply because they think we are 'getting something better' and they want it too, cos they paid more so that entitles them to it. lol This is stupid, they clearly have not exhausted the features of their own software and want for wanting sake
    People who've bought LivePro USB get to use QS anyway, so its not a case of 'I want some of that' - they have it already.

What I'm saying it that the Beyond engine (which I'm assuming is the backbone of QS) obviously brings many great new features to the table. It would be nice to think that at some point LivePro will be adapted to also run on the Beyond engine (if it doesn't do already) so that some of these neat features are part of the Pro product range as well.

And of course it devalues Livepro. If people have a great product that does most of what LP does, plus some extra neat stuff that LP doesn't, then why bother splashing the money for LP?

What I can see happening, is for people who are using LP already, they'll then be torn between using QS for some of it's neat features, or having to 'make do' with LP in order to get the level of control, but sacrifice the neat features they might like.

I can't be the only one to think that the QS cues look soooo pretty, but can't run a show on QS (as one example)

Perhaps already in the pipeline, but I think once QS reaches a certain level of maturity, the other flagship products might need a bit of a 'catch up' to stop them looking outdated.

I think you might also find that some people do use LP to a very high level, but no amount of 'exhausting features' is ever going to make it do something it doesn't.