Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

JEEX

TWO THOUSAND PRELOADED CUES in a free software package !!

Hail Pangolin , Hail Pangolin !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

It REALLY does sweep Medialas's recent attempts under the carpet!!!

Tis brill to the max
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Default RE

hiya all

i am truly amazed at how good this software is, in fact and i know ill get slated for this but im inclined to say im finding it better than live pro.

saying that live pro is a much more in depth program with far superior features but i struggle to use those features only having a laptop and no touch screen or midi controller. im sure live pro would be a hell of alot easier to contol with these aditions but im affraid i dont have them and struggle just using the computers built in keyboard and mouse.

using quick show on the fly im able to do everything i want to when i want to and its all split up into the sections i want. i am so very impressed with it.

putting this into perspective it isnt a replacement for livepro as its features aint as indepth but its extremly user friendly and really can be used as a pick up and play software and still has some very impressive features.

the one im most impressed with is the clock editor as iv been wanting this feature for 2 years now.

pangolin you have done urselves proud with this sofftware so thankyou very very much.

2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    A lady calls Pangolin and asks us about the minimum requirements to run our IMU software. There are none. So I tell her "there are none".

I tell here "any PC that you can lay your hands on will work with IMU".
    Bill
    Soooooooooo.
    If I dig that old 486 out of the workshop. Its the one with 16MB RAM and runs Windoze V3.1, are we gonna be good with this?

I only keep it to play Lemmings on.

Hrm, Apparently Quickshow doesn't like my license file.
    perhaps this doesn't work with the la freak package?
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    As far as i know its a free upgrade from LiveQuick and only for FB3 owners for now. If you own and FB3 cantact Pangolin about the prob

I'm not sure it checks a license file. It didn't like my LivePro license when trying to run standalone, but as soon as I plugged in the FB3 it ran fine, so I suspect it uses the FB3 as a dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    Try (re)moving your license file to a different place other than the QS directory, plug in your FB3....it should autodetect and start just fine.

As a side note: 1st time QS detected the fb3, it also said firmware wasn't up to date, then gave option to flash it to current.

Thanks for the kudos guys!

I am glad that people are able to find their way around QuickShow pretty easily. Nevertheless, there are features that I am sure will need to be explained (in an expanded help file and also help videos coming soon).

For example, many many things in QuickShow can work on the basis of beats or time. Try clicking on a cue that is a single frame and then go to the Effect Editor tab (the one with the E). Then "Add" an oscillating zoom effect. By default, that effect will go do the beat of the music. Now, within the effect you will see a little "metronome" icon. If you click on it, it will change to a "clock" (indicating beats or time). You can change the number of beats (or amount of time) it will take to accomplish the effect, and also click on the button labeled "options" and you will be able to change "how" the effect is applied over time. By default it is a ping-pong action, but it can be changed to other things (for example, a four-step sequence).

There are other hidden goodies. For example, most sliders have a little down-pointing arrow. If you click on it, you will be able to jump to common values for that slider.

Effects can be used almost anywhere, including text, abstracts, and even in the little QuickFX section below.

You might have also noticed the very soft feel of the program, provided by "transitions". By default the transition is a fade and zoom, but this can be changed if you "View" the "Dynamics" tab and then click on the little E by the Starting and Ending effect.

This program is certainly very deep, and for many people it can be a very effective replacement for LivePRO. LivePRO can do a few things this program can't, and has a different philosophy. But this program can do probably more than a few things that LivePRO can't...

Regarding the LivePRO Winamp plugin, it doesn't work with that BUT has someting that is much better. (It is currently hidden and, once we work out all of the kinks it will be made visible.)

Regarding "license files", this program *should* work with any PANGOLIN FB3 (emphasis added on the word PANGOLIN because some FB3 were sold for use by NEO-NEON and other companies -- some of whom don't advertize that they are indeed powered by Pangolin). If you have trouble running the softare, please contact us so we can find out what's going on.

Best regards,

William Benner

Default Everything works with drag and drop

Hi all,

Oliver wrote me a private email, but the contents were intriguing enough that I think it warrants a public response.

It's mentioned in the help file, but this is probably one of those things that you've got to see to completely understand.

The point is, with those tools on the bottom, everything works with drag and drop. So, for example, if you make a "quick text", once you get it looking the way you want, you simply drag and drop it to a cue. You can drag and drop the preview window or the tab. Either will work.

Oliver asked "how do I save a show". Well, I think the show you are working on will be saved with the workspace anyway, but the better solution is to simply drag and drop it to a cue. Once you do that, you can permanently access it.

To edit any of these things later, you drag from the cue grid down to the tabs.

This "offline editing" and "dragging from and to tabs" are a few of the most unique aspects of this program. It's a bit unusual, but really very handy because you never need to open a separate dialog box and block the rest of the window.

Bill