Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Yes, this is true dongle-less software! Once the software understands that you're a legitimate user (i.e. you have plugged the FB3 into your computer at least once), you can use the software after that with full functionality including saving!

Bill

I would just like to add that Bill emailed this info to me personally, ON THANKSGIVING. Thank you guys again for the truly amazing customer support.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyen View Post
    Damn, u made me drool while i was reading how awesome the Quickshow is! >.<

So, here are some questions:
    1. If i want to use Quickshow, i just have to buy fb3?
    2. Is there new fb3 hardware? (i read somewhere something about fb3 QS version...)
    3. Will price change because of such major update/upgrade?
    4. Do Pangolin really has central europe branch office in Slovenia??? i thought America doesnt know that our small country exists
    According to the people I met at Sib, in Italy, maybe America doesn't know that much about Slovenia, but Pangolin instead has many good friends there

Anyway Quickshow ROCKS! Thank You so much Bill

Just got a look at quickshow, really is powerfull. I have two systems running QM2000 intro, when will livequick be available for the QM2000?

In 2010.........

I was waiting for this to come out for so long... and now I rip my projector apart for a several phase rebuild... and it comes out... :P

Bill - I cannot wait to test it! Thanks yet again for the excellent support!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Quick suggestion:

Instead of saving every cue in the workspace, which takes quite a while, is it possible to have it only save cues that have been modified? It took me like 10 minutes for QS to save my whole workspace, but I only changed like 4 cues.
    I wholly agree with this statement, it takes ages to save - It also locks up while it's saving.... although I suppose it may well do that - I ain't no puter wizard me
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    It also mentions about a Quickshow Licence file? What is the idea behind that Bill?
    If its the same as in the Beta test (I actually had the full version and that required the licence file), the software checks your pc to ensure you have a valid licence file. Without it, it won't run. The licence file itself is set up so that any alteration to it, sometimes merely opening the containing folder to look at it is enough) breaks it and prevents QS running.

I guess its another anti-piracy method and a very good one. Far better than a dongle. At least if anything goes wrong with the licence file you can just contact Pangolin and they'll email you a replacement. If anyone's wondering about the licence file, each one is specific ie. its licensed to you by name not by random key number alone, thereby making piracy through file sharing very undesirable. Another very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    It also locks up while it's saving.... although I suppose it may well do that - I ain't no puter wizard me
    I'd not had that whilst testing but then again I'm on a very powerful pc. Maybe the saving aspect is pc intensive.

Livepro also locks up whilst saving so I'm sure its just an artefact of the save process for such a large file.

Thanks for the explanation

All said, it is a cracking Program indeed - Thanks Bill and all that made it so
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!