Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by dave321 View Post
    hi phredy1,

try this...

1. open q capture
    2. click on a cue
    3. click the add button
    4. select another cue
    5. click the add button.....and so on

6. then drag the q capture tab to and empty cue and bingo......several cues saved in one cue..............(simple when you know how)

dave321
    You can also click on the "Camera" icon to simply capture anything that happens to be running at the current time.

You can also drag and drop cues into the QuickClick area, and then drag the QuickClick tab itself to a cue.

In QS, everything works with drag and drop...

Also, we have done some work on what people call "laser power". Sent a BETA version to one user who caught his wall on fire using the latest version. So I think we are close to having the power problem solved... And we've done work in the area of memory management which has led to a speedup in starting, exiting, and saving workspaces. We're working in a number of areas and I am not quite sure when the next release will be, but it should be a pretty nice update.

Bill

Hey Bill
    When the next release comes out will it save my midi settings as the current version will not even if i save the workspace

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yep, this was something else I discovered on my first gig, shutting QS caused me to have to redo all my mapped midi controllers again.
    Rob, do you want to log this officially or shall I ?

Go for it Adam - I have a couple of other niggles but nothing as frustrating as this
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Done.

I've also requested that they look at having a learning mode rather than having to press learn between selecting each control. So you just latch learn 'on' and select each control and turn the knob, rinse and repeat...
    Perhaps we need a PL wishlist to deal with small things that might actually be achievable, sort of like a PL consumer group. Don't know if Bill would find that sort of thing useful, but he could comment on it and say on a scale of 1 to 5 (1=not at all, 5=Almost certainly) whether it might get into software.

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Hey Bill
    When the next release comes out will it save my midi settings as the current version will not even if i save the workspace

Rob
    Hi Rob,

I'm not sure when the next official release will be. We are working in a number of areas now -- simultaneously. For example, one area we are working is DMX and -- thanks to the feedback of many PL and Pangolin forum members, we will be supporting the ENTTEC Pro DMX device for both DMX input and output.

So there is work in that area, and also the area related to faster loading and saving of workspaces, smoother operation on "tight" computers, and some other things people have reported such as this saving of MIDI and working with BAMs. There has also been a lot of work done on the timeline feature.

We MUCH prefer private emails about these things. Public forum posts can come across as "pissing and moaning" and, because of our corporate culture, we move these to the bottom of the list. Private emails come in generally as a high priority. (After all, if someone doesn't take time to contact us directly, it must not be important, and we have said time after time that it could be months between each forum visit...)

We've already fixed the MIDI and BAM thing, and the "power" thing, and many other things. We might wait until the DMX features are fully settled before an official next release. Also, we'll have an updated workspace with more pages and more effects as part of the next official release.

Please contact me and I'll send you the latest version to play with. Then you can report back your results -- privately of course... (Making public comments about a private release is guaranteed to cut you off from future private relases...)

Bill

QS seems to be it!

The brochure says you can control up to six laser projectors from one QuickShow system. What does this mean?
    Can you connect up to 6 FB3 units, and control them separately?

And does it support the populair DMX4ALL interface?

Quote Originally Posted by pimm87 View Post
    The brochure says you can control up to six laser projectors from one QuickShow system. What does this mean?
    Can you connect up to 6 FB3 units, and control them separately?
    Yes that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by pimm87 View Post
    And does it support the populair DMX4ALL interface?
    No, we support the ENTTEC DMX device, although this DMX4All does seem popular... We'll give this some consideration.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Yes, my computer isn't impressive (1.6Ghz Atom, 2GB DDR2 etc), but it works fine other than that.
    I am sorry, but let me get this clear: Quickshow does run smooth on a dualcore atom?
    Right now I'm using my macbook to run Quickshow, but I'm planning to buy an all-in-one atom (330) pc with touchscreen.

Quickshow runs on my celeron 1.6ghz, 1gb laptop (old-ass single core), so it should do just fine on yours.

on my NEW laptop it absolutely screams.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra