Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YAG+Cr:YAGNd:Ce:YAG+YAG(D5*105)

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

Is it comparable to changing a laser out in a projector; to a diffent power and manufacture? You have to move some optics, possibly change your alignment path, and reset your color pallette; definatly a pain in the ass but better than buying a new projector.

I wouldn't compare rebuilding a DPSS laser to building an optical train in a projector, although there are likely some very complex optical paths out there which do rival it. The tolerances involved in the alignment and construction of DPSS lasers are very tiny, so extreme precision and patience is a must. It's not unheard of to hear of guys spending days tweaking the alignment of their laser for optimum output. Output power, mode stability and beam quality are all factors which need great care and attention and usually require a lot of tweaking before they're just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Now that I've looked into this even further, it seems that Nd:YAG doesn't have a transition at 914nm at all. It's strictly an Nd:YVO4 thing, which I had long suspected but never put any effort into researching until now.
    Double checked my sources. Commercially available wavelength data attached. (if a little out of date ~1999)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NdYAG.png  

NdYVO3.png  

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Default about Nd:YVO4

The (Nd:YVO4) coating is speial, If you only need one, the coating fees would be high,and one is high to 1450 usd.
    Quote Originally Posted by andythemechanic View Post
    Hi Jiimy,

what is your price for the following crystals:

- Nd:YVO 3x3x5mm 0.1%Nd_3+
    Coatings S1: AR808nm HR914nm
    S2: AR 914nm,1064nm,1342nm

- LBO 2x2x15mm theta=90° phi=21.7°
    Coatings S1/S2 AR 914nm/457nm

Best regards
    Andreas

for the 457 n lasers, you can make it in Nd:YVO4+LBO, and bonding crystal: YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG, and a LBO. But Nd:YAG is tolerable for 914nm.they are be used in the 473nm lasers. Of course the Nd:YVO4 or bonding crystal is better than Nd:YAG. and the coating is important too. the bonding crystal is better in temperature sensitive. Of course the BIBO as frequency doubling crystal is better than LBO. but the price is higher, I guess that u would be a test. so products I recomended is not expensive. And, I can quote the Nd:YVO4 ,BIBO,bonding crystal (YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG) for u .

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jiepu-Crystal View Post
    for the 457 n lasers, you can make it in Nd:YVO4+LBO, and bonding crystal: YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG, and a LBO. But Nd:YAG is tolerable for 914nm.they are be used in the 473nm lasers. Of course the Nd:YVO4 or bonding crystal is better than Nd:YAG. and the coating is important too. the bonding crystal is better in temperature sensitive. Of course the BIBO as frequency doubling crystal is better than LBO. but the price is higher, I guess that u would be a test. so products I recomended is not expensive. And, I can quote the Nd:YVO4 ,BIBO,bonding crystal (YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG) for u .
    Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Please PM me with a price for a set that can handle 15 watts of pump power with an output coupler please. The mode volume coefficient calculations will be wanted as well.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...do=newpm&u=267

These new "sandwich" YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG bonded crystals are very interesting to me. I hadn't heard anything about them prior to Mecheng3 telling me about them. Very cool technology with lots of potential.

The (Nd:YVO4) coating is speial, If you only need one, the coating fees would be high,and one is high to 1450 usd.
    I expected something like that. Clearly out of my budget. Could you please list your regular stock items of Nd:YVO coated for 914nm?
    Also are bonded Crystals Nd:YVO+BIBO or Nd:YVO+LBO for 457nm available from your company ? If yes, I would like prices please!

Andreas

And, I can quote the Nd:YVO4 ,BIBO,bonding crystal (YAG+Nd:YAG+YAG) for u .
    Please I wish for a price of this set of crystals and output coupler.
    Regards,Mike
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich