Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viasho 4W 532nm Laser System Review!

You could probably just replace the on/off switch with a key switch.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    You could probably just replace the on/off switch with a key switch.
    well i have to give you a DUH on that one. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide the required safety equipment PRIOR to introduction into commerce. (if it is OEM, my other statements apply). These are simple concepts.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I agree, if you have a small power supply like the kind you get from Laserwave, then that should not need a key switch, one like this, which could easily be used as a stand alone laser needs to have one.
    If that driver is a custom build, to fit in a projector, i fail to understand the need for a keyswitch. I wouldn't want another key switch inside a projector.

Putting a keyswitch on a driver that is in a projector seems redundant, overkill not to mention completely useless

Ben, if you were looking for a stand alone, i'm sure Frank could have sent you the larger driver, with a keyswitch.

He spent some time coming up with a smaller driver for the laser so it is easier to integrate into a projector.
    Sounds like someone went the extra mile, to facilitate the needs of the potential customers on this site.

the only thing that needs to be answered is...is this an approved product for the US, or is an OEM laser...different laws apply.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    the only thing that needs to be answered is...is this an approved product for the US, or is an OEM laser...different laws apply.
    the design criteria is set forth by the manufacturer.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I'd have to take sides of Pat on this one. Personally, I think it should be an option to NOT have the keyswitch in the case of installing it into a projector. I would always purchase with a keyswitch, just so I could pull it out an use it on a separate project if need be.

I think the Viasho products differ from say the Laserwave models, since the Laserwave PSU's are so open, they need to be installed into something to protect the electronics. Viasho's PSU's are more of a lab-style which are easily able to be used stand alone. If I were to install a Viasho into a projector the first thing I would do would be to remove the enclosure in order to save space and let it become yet another jigsaw piece... but thats just me

Would it also need a shutter, interlocks and e-stop?
    Cause i just don't see a need for any of those if you're going to toss this unit in a projector.

Very nice review ben, my compliments.

No tape burning test but stability tests

I do have to agree with fourdee thats its tricky to put 10 Amps trough a sub-D.

Frank is building 2 viasho's for me as we speak and I will so some stability myself on the lower powered versions.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    If I were to install a Viasho into a projector the first thing I would do would be to remove the enclosure in order to save space and let it become yet another jigsaw piece... but thats just me
    I have just orderen the OEM viasho drivers, this is just a very small driver with a external PSU just like Laserwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    nice review, nice laser...but I dont see a keyswitch.
    We can supply power supply which has both key switch and interlock.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669