Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: UK Group Buy - open can 660nm and 405nm diodes

Hi Andy,

I received my sleds with long open cans yesterday.
    Thanks a lot, looking good.
    Taking out the front surface mirrors i found to be easy with a toothpick, just insert in on the spot you marked with your picture. slide in in, push just a little to put force on the mirror and then suddenly it pops as the glue on each side breaks leaving no damage.

I just a ceramic screwdriver at first but that damaged the coating. Will take out the rest tonight.
    I noticed also that some holders, holding the LOC have a more "closed" look, protecting the LOC more.
    While others when you pry them off immediately "expose" the LOC, if you can follow what i am trying to say here. Those closed holders will be probably harder to extract the diodes from, but will protect it more when storing them.

Just my $0.02 .
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I noticed also that some holders, holding the LOC have a more "closed" look, protecting the LOC more.
    While others when you pry them off immediately "expose" the LOC, if you can follow what i am trying to say here. Those closed holders will be probably harder to extract the diodes from, but will protect it more when storing them.

Just my $0.02 .
    Hi Bob,

I also had this, but had no problem to extract the diode from both holders the same way. Just saw two small slits on the two long sides of the holder and crack it open with two pliers. The material in front of the diode is not very strong and just cracks.
    Last edited by andythemechanic; 02-03-2010 at 04:48.

or use a hacksaw like me
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i remember having stored a link (i think it was from Laserpointerforums.com originally) on Youtube on how to harvest the diode. Indeed works by cutting to slits on the sides of the holder and than using 2 pliers to break it loose.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKQc52_VwI

Might be handy for the others in the groupbuy.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    i remember having stored a link (i think it was from Laserpointerforums.com originally) on Youtube on how to harvest the diode. Indeed works by cutting to slits on the sides of the holder and than using 2 pliers to break it loose.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKQc52_VwI

Might be handy for the others in the groupbuy.
    One thing I do different from the video: Before filing and sawing at the diode solder the two pins of the diode together to prevent ESD damage.

Default dremel

i just lightly score the sides with a dremel cutting disc then twist with two pairs of pliers
    and out pops the diode
    proberly like in the video but the youtube one wont play on my pc

I have now harvested all the optics and diodes from the GGW sled.
    Alot of optics. wich is nice.

I have only had the time to test 5 of the 405nm diodes. and i have to say that 2 of them are really tired.
    i dont have my power meter home right now but i can tell that they dont put out even 5mw by just looking at them, at 4.9V

I know you probably dont have any guarantee on them but just wanted to let you know.

When i test them i use a LABtech Power supply and DR lavas FLexmod2.
    i also use a wrist-antistatic band wich is connected to the table wich has an rubber pad. So i dont think there is any ESD failure from my side.

i just hope the other 5 wich i havent tested yet works.
    im sure they are but this gets me litle worried.

I know its not your fault i just wanted to let you know. Perhaps you can get 2 for free next time you order if you let the seller know.

ill test the other 5 tomorrow evening.

dont know what to say really, could it be the way you are extracting the diodes?

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post
    I have now harvested all the optics and diodes from the GGW sled.
    Alot of optics. wich is nice.

I have only had the time to test 5 of the 405nm diodes. and i have to say that 2 of them are really tired.
    i dont have my power meter home right now but i can tell that they dont put out even 5mw by just looking at them, at 4.9V

I know you probably dont have any guarantee on them but just wanted to let you know.

When i test them i use a LABtech Power supply and DR lavas FLexmod2.
    i also use a wrist-antistatic band wich is connected to the table wich has an rubber pad. So i dont think there is any ESD failure from my side.

i just hope the other 5 wich i havent tested yet works.
    im sure they are but this gets me litle worried.

I know its not your fault i just wanted to let you know. Perhaps you can get 2 for free next time you order if you let the seller know.

ill test the other 5 tomorrow evening.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default blu-rays

yep thats blu-ray for yer if you even look at them wrong they go pop

if anyone wants to contribute towards the £41 custom charge i just received i would be extremely greatful

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat