Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Lets light this fire.... Bad KVANT experiences???

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Ok guys heres the deal, since everyone is jumping on the "i trust KVANT" band wagon because they have a KVANT laser I will have to explain in detail. Remember people, before you come to conclusions, listen to the whole story. I bought Lukes RGB projector at a heck of a price. It came with 500mw kvant blue, and everything else in a projector. I got it and I am happy with the overall deal. But just like Luke I have a Lasercheck, initial results showed 600+mw when measured. Upon looking at it and seeing it did not look like anything close to 400mw or above of visible light I decided to dig up an IR filter, only to discover it puts out between 150 and 200mw of visible light. It does have an IR filter installed on the laser, but obviously one of very low quality. When you see the pictures of the laser (when i get back in town), then everyone will know the power rating was groosly over rated just based off the physical size of the laser. I have a true 150mw CNI blue and the power supply and head are the same size. Go figure

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    that exactly what i was getting at,
    if Dreambeamz has proof of whatever Luke payed for it originally, then show it.

    show us the invoice from the original purchase! prove us wrong..
    I nor Luke has the original invoice but I do have the laser. It is a CNI label by KVANT with the serial # attached clearly saying on the untampered label 500mw 473nm

    Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I remember that sale.
    Everything went pretty sharpish too cus of the excellent prices.

    Once you've purchased something second hand then any beef you may have regarding the condition of the item is with whoever sold it to you and not the original manufacturer.
    At least, that's the way it works here in the UK.

    If dream beamz has a gripe about the condition or output of equipment he bought second hand then surely he should go back to whoever he bought it off and negotiate a better price or demand his money back, not blame whoever owned it 2 or 3 sellers ago.

    That's what we (again, perhaps only in the UK) call common sense.
    I am not worried about Luke, I told him that I am fine with him and I still got a heck of a deal on the rest of the items combined. After all, its not like he had anything but a lasercheck which to the common hobbyist appears to give out a reading that could be seen as correct

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    DreamBeamz:
    OK, how much did Luke (yobreseal), pay for the laser originally?
    No heresay, show us invoice.
    $1500, a bargain price, but communication between luke and KVANT said the laser was outputting 400mw of blue. It should have been labeled at the very least (BY LAW) that it outputs 400+mw of IR.

    Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    "If you are worried about coming forward because you have a warranty left and dont want to ruin a chance of using the warranty down the road...."
    WTF? Wake up man, wake up!
    yes, lets all put on our tin foil hats, right. Its a conspiracy I tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Finally, the tone of the e-mail from Pelosh is *not* the sort of thing you expect from a world-class company. They're not trying to find a solution to the problem at all. They just want to make it clear that "it's not their fault". I expect that sort of thing from the likes of LaserWorld, but not Kvant.

    It's easy for a company to be well-liked when everything works. But it's a lot harder for a company to still be well-liked even when problems come up. You can tell an awful lot about a company by how they handle these sorts of complaints, and thus far I have been sorely disappointed by Kvant's response to this claim.
    Exactly, the responses from people so far are as expected. People will trust the company that has done them right so far. I get it and I am the same way.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Again, this can all be cleared up with a copy of the invoice, which will spell out the terms of the sale....
    If it was sold as new, then warranty should be applied.
    If it was sold as used / as is, then i wouldnt expect any warranty to apply...
    It was sold without warranty, I will admit it but it was also sold to be outputting 400mw of 473nm. I do not have the invoice, but KVANT did not deny it was a 500mw 473nm when I gave them the serial number. This laser never did output this power, so with that said. I have come to the opinion that KVANT lied to make the sale



    There is another laser a 1 watt green that someone got their hands ahold of from Kvant, here is their response
    Quote Originally Posted by someone via PM
    it was outputting close to 1/2 power (after IR filter) at TEM99 or something... it looked like an excel spreadsheet more than a laser! Divergence was too much... it probably wouldn't get to the scanners in a projector, disregarding the bad beam profile... it's really a spreadsheet projector.

    I realigned it to output something decent, and it's getting close to 300mW, but it's still got a horrible beam and it's got this massive blob off to the side of the beam...
    Last edited by dream beamz; 12-11-2009 at 10:37.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I don't have a dog in this fight, but to me the reply that pelosh posted boiled down to simply: "We're kvant. We're never wrong."

    BUT there's always the possibility that something got screwy somewhere and resulted in Luke acquiring a defective laser module. Rather than just dismiss the entire possibility on the grounds that you are who you are, at least a small investigation is warranted. THAT is what's referred to as caring for your customers. Simply taking the time to respond and calling that action good customer service is ridiculous. Good communication is only part of what makes up good customer service

    IMO

    Just my $.02.. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Look, ive seen the "Bargain Bin" crap that Kvant sometimes sells at pennies on the dollar, i would never buy any of that, unless it was for educational purposes...(tear down ).
    Just the fact that Kvant only sells 445nm modules, and your referring to a CNI Blue, tells me that this was a used / Bargain basement deal.
    So You get what you pay for.
    your saying that the sticker on the laser says "500mw", so what ?
    chances are , it was 500mw, when new.
    last time i checked, 500mw of blue is around 5,000.00 ,,,, and you paid 1,500.00 ??
    Pleeeeeeeeeze,,, cry me a river...

    Now, i do own a Kvant laser, but dont get me wrong, if i had bad dealings with Kvant or a problem , i wouldnt hesitate to give them a bad review, or post on this forum about what happened.

    But i disagree with your gripe completely, based on the original purchase .
    maybe there was some miscommunication on the power , but thats all heresay,

    bottom line is......... you get what you pay for.

    my .02
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Oh yeah, i forgot to add:

    Nothing personal, just my view.
    And i did bother to comment , only because i have done business with them.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

  5. #15
    soforene's Avatar
    soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    .....It was sold without warranty, I will admit it but it was also sold to be outputting 400mw of 473nm....... This laser never did output this power, ....
    Sorry mucka but "Sold without Warranty" pretty much ends any claim thereafter.
    Even though you are trying to retrospectively claim some kind of Warranty.

    And you claim it never did the stated power but you are the third owner.
    So how come you know the entire history of this particular laser from new?

    From the facts presented so far it does sound like you're trying it on a bit mate and for the record, I don't have a KVANT but have had dealings with Pelosh and he seems a stand up guy.

    I guess I'll find out for sure when he does me a good deal on that 20 Watt projector (WITH Warranty).

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Look, ive seen the "Bargain Bin" crap that Kvant sometimes sells at pennies on the dollar, i would never buy any of that, unless it was for educational purposes...(tear down ).
    Just the fact that Kvant only sells 445nm modules, and your referring to a CNI Blue, tells me that this was a used / Bargain basement deal.
    So You get what you pay for.
    your saying that the sticker on the laser says "500mw", so what ?
    chances are , it was 500mw, when new.
    last time i checked, 500mw of blue is around 5,000.00 ,,,, and you paid 1,500.00 ??
    Pleeeeeeeeeze,,, cry me a river...

    Now, i do own a Kvant laser, but dont get me wrong, if i had bad dealings with Kvant or a problem , i wouldnt hesitate to give them a bad review, or post on this forum about what happened.

    But i disagree with your gripe completely, based on the original purchase .
    maybe there was some miscommunication on the power , but thats all heresay,

    bottom line is......... you get what you pay for.

    my .02
    I am not crying, like I told them. I have lasers far brighter than this one and do NOT need a 500mw 473nm. I am upset with the level of professionalism or lack thereof that KVANT handled this situation. Notice in all of my communication to them, I never held posting a review over their head as a threat. I simply did it because I felt like others should know and feel others might come forward with bad dealings. Also, this laser was never a 500mw 473nm. They relabeled it as one, I am thinking of seeing if I can send the laser to CNI at my expense just to prove more than hearsay. The physical size of the unit tells me it surely wasnt a 500mw blue, ever.

    The fact you refer to some items they sell as crap says wonders.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Oh yeah, i forgot to add:

    Nothing personal, just my view.
    And i did bother to comment , only because i have done business with them.
    Its fine, my gripe is my opinion and I have the right to talk about it. Some people will agree with me some wont

    Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Sorry mucka but "Sold without Warranty" pretty much ends any claim thereafter.
    Even though you are trying to retrospectively claim some kind of Warranty.

    And you claim it never did the stated power but you are the third owner.
    So how come you know the entire history of this particular laser from new?

    From the facts presented so far it does sound like you're trying it on a bit mate and for the record, I don't have a KVANT but have had dealings with Pelosh and he seems a stand up guy.

    I guess I'll find out for sure when he does me a good deal on that 20 Watt projector (WITH Warranty).
    It would be like me selling a 1 watt green as a 3 watt and telling someone oh well because it was sold at a discount with no warranty. Its still a scam even if it is sold without warranty. If you would have read my response above then you would see that I spoke about the physical size of the laser. Hopefully CNI can shed some light on this with their records. Lets not forget, it was not advertised as outputting IR either.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    "The fact you refer to some items they sell as crap says wonders"

    Dont take my statement out of context,

    what i was referring to was the older / used stuff , that they sell sometimes, at cheap pricing, this stuff is obviously been used , maybe researched, maybe replaced,
    Thus the "special pricing"
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Im still holding out on a deal for that Kvant 20 watt of theirs...................
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    "The fact you refer to some items they sell as crap says wonders"

    Dont take my statement out of context,

    what i was referring to was the older / used stuff , that they sell sometimes, at cheap pricing, this stuff is obviously been used , maybe researched, maybe replaced,
    Thus the "special pricing"
    I think you took what I said out of context, I said some of the items. Obviously referring to the bargain basement items they sometimes sell.

    There are companies out there where you can get used items that are still in good shape and will arrive in the used condition that they state. If there is a 500mw laser they sell as a 500mw laser outputting 400mw, it should have arrived outputting 400mw, at the very least been a 400mw laser at one time.

    Obviously KVANT's used lot is like Laserworlds ebay sales (by my standards, not using anyones words against them). Max output 500mw, Normal output 400mw, actual output 200mw......... sound familiar?
    Last edited by dream beamz; 12-11-2009 at 12:38.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Lets look on the Bright side:

    your CNI blue is putting out 150 - 200 mw of visible , for 1,500.00
    CTlasers has 150 mw of blue for 1,400.00.

    i think you got exactly what you paid for, and nothing more (actually you did get a little more than what you paid for)

    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •