Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets light this fire.... Bad KVANT experiences???

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Re: UK law Does anyone in the UK want to purchase this unit after I prove it? That would be the ultimate way to put KVANT in their place.
    Unfortunately it only applies against the vendor not the manufacturer, unless they are one and the same and if unwarrantied your remedies are time limited by those periods set down in the statue.

Personally, I do think Kvant should at least investigate this and if satisfied that there is doubt as to whether or not it was outputting 400mw of 473 as opposed to IR, at the time of sale, should do something about it.

You got me!

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Up until your last post, you referred to Luke as "this person called Luke". You obviously have no record of the transaction, sale, or otherwise recorded anything about this unit. You probably do not even have a copy of your flimsy sale ad showing just "rated ###, measured ###, picture, and the price". It's probably "history" by now. He's a freaking customer of yours! Bargain or not, he's still a customer who paid lots of money, and got squat!
    I obviously haven't got ANY records what so ever . And do you know why?
    Because he is NOT my customer, I didn't sell him ANYTHING and I don't know when it happend, what it was and how much was it (and due to the weekend I have no chance to find out till Monday). I would of thought he contacts the person he was dealing with - which he probably DID NOT and I have no idea why

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    You got me!

Because he is NOT my customer, I didn't sell him ANYTHING and I don't know when it happend, what it was and how much was it (and due to the weekend I have no chance to find out till Monday). I would of thought he contacts the person he was dealing with - which he probably DID NOT and I have no idea why
    All of this has been explained. How is my "long nonsense" now? You said you were not going to post on this "forum scramble" anymore, just wait until you have the "facts" on Monday. The same facts you should have looked at before you made one reply to me, especially since your first reply came at 2:53am Eastern time and 19:53 London time Tuesday December 8th.

See the attached image for how your website should look, it will give you some pointers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kvant.bmp  

I'm starting to feel that what I SHOULD really do was to not bother at all and just to tell you to get in contact with person who did the deal. Also I still don't understand why Luke hasn't done so when he wasn't satisfied

MY website is www.synchrovision.co.uk ,but I can advise them to improve the info on theirs...I guess KVANT people didn't think about it so much - over 50 units like this were sold out and everyone except one or two people understod what they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    All of this has been explained. How is my "long nonsense" now? You said you were not going to post on this "forum scramble" anymore, just wait until you have the "facts" on Monday. The same facts you should have looked at before you made one reply to me, especially since your first reply came at 2:53am Eastern time and 19:53 London time Tuesday December 8th.
    In fairness Dream, if Luke wasn't Martin's customer, he obviously is going to have to see what records Kvant have centrally as opposed to those kept by himself for his web site.

over 50 units like this were sold out and everyone except one or two people understod what they are getting.
    In fairness to both sides Martin, the units should have been making what was claimed at the point of sale. Even if you're selling off units as 2nd's, you can't claim one thing and supply another. They've still got to make what you're claiming at the point of sale. Whether Luke's / Dream's module was making what it was supposed to at that point I don't know.

I'm starting to feel that what I SHOULD really do was to not bother at all and just to tell you to get in contact with person who did the deal. Also I still don't understand why Luke hasn't done so when he wasn't satisfied

MY website is www.synchrovision.co.uk ,but I can advise them to improve the info on theirs...I guess KVANT people didn't think about it so much - over 50 units like this were sold out and everyone except one or two people understod what they are getting.
    really????? you are testing me, another very poor response from a very poor company. Do not pretend to be an official KVANT point of contact if you are not. If a laser is advertised as 400mw actual output than it better put out 400mw at some point in time. End of discussion. I dont want to hear another word out of your mouth until you come back with facts.

I should start offering a free power meter checks on some of KVANT's clients seeing that I go to night clubs all around the world I have seen several KVANT installs and would be curious to what the power ratings that were sold to the clubs were. Seeing that these clubs probably do not know anything about actual power levels I am starting to suspect that some of these clubs got ripped off just because they dont know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    In fairness Dream, if Luke wasn't Martin's customer, he obviously is going to have to see what records Kvant have centrally as opposed to those kept by himself for his web site.
    I agree but Martin Should have disclosed that he was not KVANT right from the start. If this is the case, I just barked up the wrong tree. I have a flight to catch in about an hour and will look into this more when I get back. Martin was leading me to believe since the first reply that he was with KVANT.

You got me!

Hi there, I am Luke. The reason I did not contact anyone was because I had no idea the laser was doing less than the "actual output" I also had no idea it was spewing IR. George is the one who had this laser properly tested only recently and he is the one who discovered the true nature of it's output. I just assumed you guys correctly tested and advertised your lasers. Measuring lasers properly should be a skill had by those who sell lasers. I appreciate your empathy for my wave of bad luck with laser module purchases. It truly has turned me away from projectors.

Am I the only one that is really confused here?

Martin looks to me to be a distributor for KVANT, but his post (#5) look as if he is an authorized spokesperson for KVANT.

What I have read told me that KVANT lasers are some of the best available. This thread makes KVANT's reputation looks to be equal to Laserworld.

I still don't understand why KVANT has a "pile of junk" page on their web site. Sell the shit stuff on Ebay is my opinion.

What I don't understand is why someone is coming on this forum looking for a response from a manufacturer, when they should just contact the manufacturer. Bill at Pangolin is always saying that if you have a problem, then contact them directly.
    In this case it looks as if Martin has stepped in as a spokesperson, but really, get in touch with Kvant direct, and then if you aren't satisfied air your beef here, but again, it seems that this hasn't been delivered the right way in the first place.
    We're now 4 pages down the line, and at least 2 customers removed from the original sale, with a whole lot of noise from people unrelated to the sale.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Dreambeams said-

"i agree but Martin Should have disclosed that he was not KVANT right from the start. If this is the case, I just barked up the wrong tree. I have a flight to catch in about an hour and will look into this more when I get back. Martin was leading me to believe since the first reply that he was with KVANT"

ahhh the plot thickens
    go big or go home