Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets light this fire.... Bad KVANT experiences???

Default Lets light this fire.... Bad KVANT experiences???

Ok, as some of you might remember, years ago when everyone said Chuck was a good guy and would never hurt anyone, I was crying foul but it took a long time for anyone to believe me. Please give me time on this one to prove it. I know of a few instances so far but I would like to see if this is isolated or not.

I would like for anyone to come forward with any possible bad experiences with KVANT. If you are worried about coming forward because you have a warranty left and dont want to ruin a chance of using the warranty down the road then please PM me and we will talk about it.

I would like for people to check power ratings of their lasers specifically, check to make sure you are not getting IR in your reading using your laserbee or lasercheck and or other LPM

I had my 600mw red serviced by kvant. They installed a complete new beamcombiner set in it with no cost at all. I bougth the module from Phil but there was still warranty on it. They simply could say that i bought it secondhand but the the didn,t. They serviced it without charge me anything! Thats what i call service. Allright the modules are more expencive but the service is excellent. The next time i would go for kvant.
    But hounestly the driver could be a little bit better

"If you are worried about coming forward because you have a warranty left and dont want to ruin a chance of using the warranty down the road...."
    WTF? Wake up man, wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Ok, as some of you might remember, years ago when everyone said Chuck was a good guy and would never hurt anyone, I was crying foul but it took a long time for anyone to believe me. Please give me time on this one to prove it. I know of a few instances so far but I would like to see if this is isolated or not.

I would like for anyone to come forward with any possible bad experiences with KVANT. If you are worried about coming forward because you have a warranty left and dont want to ruin a chance of using the warranty down the road then please PM me and we will talk about it.

I would like for people to check power ratings of their lasers specifically, check to make sure you are not getting IR in your reading using your laserbee or lasercheck and or other LPM

Just quit beating around the bush, and tell us your problem...
    Last edited by carlos3621; 12-11-2009 at 08:38. Reason: typo
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Just to put you people in the picture, this is the conversation which provoked Dream Beamz to act against us. If anyone interested in this long nonsense please read from the bottom to the top.

Re: 500mw 473nm
    So why Luke didn't contacted us?

We did sell probably 30-50 units few months ago...all old and faulty which was clearly stated on the website. i.e. 500mW 532nm CNI laser - real output 10mW. Price 10 euro+shipping. It's quite clear what does it mean, isn't it?

Sticker on that is probably the original that was there when it was new.
    All those modules were complete bargain!
    And don't say I (we) don't care about our customer - I wouldn't spent all this time typing these PMs.

Originally Posted by dream beamz First off, I have money. I dont need anything for free, I was trying to give KVANT the benefit of the doubt because they seem to have a good reputation. I have a 30 watt Jenlas laser, obviously you dont have one of these if your an amateur. I acquired this laser at a deep discount but later found out that Luke got ripped off by KVANT. Not everyone has a spectrometer like me, especially hobbyist like Luke. I guess KVANT saw they could prey on someone like luke and stick a sticker on an item and say it was a 500mw 473nm blue. Since I ran in to this I found another laser sold by KVANT as a 1 watt 532nm green that in no way could have ever been a 1 watt 532nm green.

Now that you have proven yourself to not care about people after you have received their money and sold them something that was clearly not as advertised, I will see what else I can dig up. Dont worry, I dont want anything out of this, if anything, you owe Luke an apology.

Originally Posted by pelosh With all the respect I am starting to be suspicious (and I hope I'm wrong..if I am then sorry about this) that you are expecting to get something from KVANT for free... That's never going to happen.
    KVANT has never manufactured 473nm lasers at first place so if anything then you bought some very old CNI unit (probably more than 4 years).
    I discussed your case with KVANT's general manager and we are not prepared for any compensation what so ever!
    Luke did not claim anything and it is quite clear why...he must new what he is buying (we never misslead) which you obviously didn't.
    I personaly always support my customers if they are claiming with fair reasons and I haven't got even one customer who could say a word against us. Your reasons are complete nonsense and no one would ever exept them.

Originally Posted by dream beamz It might have been sold with no guarantee but kvant still lied to luke about the specifications. There is no way this laser ever put out 400mw of visible blue. It was sold as a 500mw putting out 400mw, the only thing that it puts out at 400mw is IR. You might want to ask the people higher up if they plan on doing anything about this.

Originally Posted by pelosh Hi.

473 were used by Kvant ages ago. What it means is that it was probably sold to him during our basement clearence for few euros without any guaranties. We sold many old and half dead units very cheap to people who wanted to play with it or maybe repair it. I joined Kvant two and half years ago when 473s were history already (for Kvant) due to developed 445s.
    There's nothing I can do about it. You should probably speak to Luke, because you didn't get what he was claiming to sell you. If he bought dead unit and made it to work, that doesn't mean it will produce what it used to when new.

Thanks

Originally Posted by dream beamz Hello Martin, I recently obtained a laser from Luke (yobresal on this message board). It was supposed to be a 500mw 473nm blue. However it is 180mw of 473nm and over 400mw of IR light, this was tested with a spectrometer. I asked him where he got it from and he told me Kvant. The laser is Kvant serial number 6085070

Check on this for me and see what you can do.

DreamBeamz:
    OK, how much did Luke (yobreseal), pay for the laser originally?
    No heresay, show us invoice.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

I remember that sale.
    Everything went pretty sharpish too cus of the excellent prices.

Once you've purchased something second hand then any beef you may have regarding the condition of the item is with whoever sold it to you and not the original manufacturer.
    At least, that's the way it works here in the UK.

If dream beamz has a gripe about the condition or output of equipment he bought second hand then surely he should go back to whoever he bought it off and negotiate a better price or demand his money back, not blame whoever owned it 2 or 3 sellers ago.

That's what we (again, perhaps only in the UK) call common sense.

that exactly what i was getting at,
    if Dreambeamz has proof of whatever Luke payed for it originally, then show it.

show us the invoice from the original purchase! prove us wrong..
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

I gotta weigh in on this one...

As to why Luke never contacted Kvant:
    I don't think he had the knowledge to adequately test that laser. That's why he didn't claim anything other than the specs listed on the nameplate when he sold it. Quite simply - he didn't know otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't even own an IR filter.

In fact, he got so frustrated with the build process that he hired Daedal to finish the projector for him. And when the lasers did not perform to his expectations, Luke got fed up with the whole mess and sold *everything* (including the blue laser) at fire-sale prices. George (Dream Beamz) was the one who snapped up most of the equipment.

I agree that ordinarily the beef would be between George and Luke. However, in this case George is arguing (quite correctly, in my opinion) that Luke did not know the laser was only outputting 150 mw of visible light, and if he had known, he would have called Kvant about it. Also, we've all heard about how great Kvant's customer service is, so I don't think it's unreasonable for George to contact them about this. (It is certainly unreasonable to expect George to prove what Luke paid for the laser... How would he have that information? Luke might, but he was under no obligation to send the receipt to George!)

I do not know under what circumstances Kvant sold the laser to Luke, and neither does George. I do know that it was purchased less than a year ago though, which would seem to suggest that the unit would still be under warranty, unless it really was sold as "used equipment - no warranty", that is. Still, Kvant ought to be able to answer this question right away, as George has provided the serial number of the laser *and* the identity of the person who initially bought it. (In fact, they should have addressed this in their messages to George already. Why they have not is a good question indeed...)

So: If the laser really was sold to Luke as a used unit with no warranty, then that is that, and I agree with Pelosh's comments that nothing further is owed in that case. *But* - if it was sold as a new unit, then I think George has a legitimate gripe here. After all, the warranty doesn't expire just because Luke sold it to George, does it?

What bothers me most about Pelosh's reply is that he *assumes* that the laser was used right from the start. In my opinion, he should have taken the serial number information and VERIFIED the terms of the sale first, before trying to dismiss George's complaint. After all, he has the records to prove it one way or the other. Then too, he *assumes* that Luke would have complained to him if there was a problem with the laser, forgetting that Luke might not have been experienced enough to know if there was a problem or not.

Finally, the tone of the e-mail from Pelosh is *not* the sort of thing you expect from a world-class company. They're not trying to find a solution to the problem at all. They just want to make it clear that "it's not their fault". I expect that sort of thing from the likes of LaserWorld, but not Kvant.

It's easy for a company to be well-liked when everything works. But it's a lot harder for a company to still be well-liked even when problems come up. You can tell an awful lot about a company by how they handle these sorts of complaints, and thus far I have been sorely disappointed by Kvant's response to this claim.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 12-11-2009 at 14:36. Reason: typo

Again, this can all be cleared up with a copy of the invoice, which will spell out the terms of the sale....
    If it was sold as new, then warranty should be applied.
    If it was sold as used / as is, then i wouldnt expect any warranty to apply...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter