Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lets light this fire.... Bad KVANT experiences???

I am distributor mainly for the UK (ok, sometimes if there is an enquire from other countries where they haven't got distribution I deal with it), but I am NOT employed by KVANT.
    However I do believe in their products - otherwise I wouldn't sell it.

I joined this forum before I became their distributor and because they are not active on the forums, it just somehow happend that some members see me as their representative here - which is fine untill something like this happens where I haven't got the right information to work with and can't make executive decisions. We (KVANT) haven't got such a sophisticated system yet where you buy your BMW car in Germany and can claim service and guarantee in the UKs BMW services although it happend few times that I helped to solve some issues quicker than it would normally happen.
    If I am contacted with my direct customer, they are always served with best care and any problems are sorted promptly.

"Pile of junk" sold on their website was initially my idea - purely because I knew that there are lots of guys over here on the forum who like to save money and build themselves so even JUNK could be used by them.

Now, because we get so deep in this I am not going to step away from this - I will solve the problem. Just give me few more hours (well, roughly 24-48).

MTB time

Hi all,

Don't want to wade into the specifics of this issue as there is not enough information and some seem to be making big "leaps" which may or may not be justifiable.

What I can tell you from my own personal experience is that when things went wrong for me down here on the other side of the world Kvant (& Pelosh) did indeed rise to the occassion and sorted it very well.
    This included direct engineer support, free freight, technical data and upgrade. (the upgrade did cost a bit but that was at my request (900 to 1,2w).

Sometimes I think the language barrier doesnt help. Although they speak English subtle nuances can sneak in. I remember challenging Pelosh for using the words "making the picture" this referred to a picture of a beam profile I had taken. I jumped to the conclusion he meant that I had "doctored" the picture... it was soon cleared up.

Anyway for me Kvant is far from "shit" ...

I would happily buy Kvant again simply because I now know they are "there" for support I have "felt the love".

I repeat this is about Kvant support not about this issue...

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Am I the only one that is really confused here?

Martin looks to me to be a distributor for KVANT, but his post (#5) look as if he is an authorized spokesperson for KVANT.

What I have read told me that KVANT lasers are some of the best available. This thread makes KVANT's reputation looks to be equal to Laserworld.
    I agree, I am really confused. I had talked to other members previous to my posting and was actually told "i do not know if pelosh is KVANT but you should see what he can do first".

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    What I don't understand is why someone is coming on this forum looking for a response from a manufacturer, when they should just contact the manufacturer
    I PMed Martin to see if he could help me, his first response should have simply been no, please contact the manufacture. I thought Martin was the manufacture. Same way I contact Pangolin, sometimes on the forum, sometimes via direct e-mail.

Lets not forget how this thread began, I wanted to find out if anyone else has been wronged by KVANT. I had already done some searching on this issue long before I started to PM martin. At that point it seemed there was no other way to find out if anyone had a bad experience except for the post. I left certain keywords out of my original post to make sure no negative search engine phrases could be bot searched. I did not post all of my details I was going to wait to see if any besides daedal and Luke had a bad experience. pelosh in all his good grace decided to post the Private messages between me and him. No one else has PM'd me with a bad experience and PL members edison and Pitts came forward with positive experiences with KVANT

That said, Martin, your handling of this so far has been poor. First off, you might have a stake in KVANTs issue but do not give the appearance that you are KVANT. I will contact KVANT directly sometime this week. I feel confident that if I asked if I bought the 900mw 650nm laser it would be guaranteed to arrive outputting 916mw even if it is sold as-is. When I sell used items AS-IS, it still has to be in the condition it was advertised in. This is common practice.

Cool

Since Martin has volunteered to investigate the matter, why not wait until he has a chance to check into it? You can always contact Kvant directly if you aren't satisfied with his answer.

I do admit that it seems out of character for them to sell a laser that is rated for 400 mw (or 500 mw) when it is clearly much dimmer than that. At the very least, you would think they would have tested it...

On the other hand, if it was indeed a "no warranty, as-is" deal, then that should have been *very* clearly spelled out. From Luke's account, that doesn't seem to be the case, but we'll need to hear from Kvant to be sure.

Truthfully, I think companies that have good reputations should never sell refurbished or used goods themselves - especially if they have no intention of honoring the warranty. There is just too much risk to their reputation if something goes wrong. Better to sell the stuff to another company who can then sell it on E-bay or something. (And, indeed, most retailers do exactly that.)

Adam

Yes Buffo, it was very clear that the product had no warranty and they made it very clear that the products had all been used. They did also make it very clear what the specified output was as well as the ACTUAL OUTPUT. The reason I went all caps there is because they claimed the actual output to be something far greater than the actual output. That was not spelled out anywhere on the sale page. It was not mentioned or implied that the advertised output of the lasers was not guarenteed. I assumed Kvant to measure the "actual output" as the 473nm output alone, but perhaps they measured the IR into this as well. Which also was not mentioned anywhere. I was very excited to buy this laser and I was very greatful to get such a good deal on it. ($1500) I am disappointed that it is not what I sold it to DreamBeamz as and feel partially resposible for selling a misadvertised product to him. Had I known that this is what had previously happened to me there is no way I would have turned around and done it to another forum member. I think that the main goal here is to establish the fact that Kvant has made a mistake in testing their lasers prior to selling them and to warn others to verify the output of their Kvant lasers. We are all human and we make mistakes. I know that when I make a mistake which affects someone else I do all I can to fix that mistake and remedy the situation. I have not contacted Kvant because Dreambeamz has already started communications about this issue but I think that even acknowledging that a mistake has been made would be good enough for me and him.

Hi.

"That said, Martin, your handling of this so far has been poor." ...depends on point of view

I believe I have all the details to make this case clear. However if ANYONE feels that it was not enough please feel free to contact Dusan Navara (KVANT's sales manager): navara@kvant.sk

I have copies of some e-mails between Dusan Navara and Luke before the purchase - it is bit chaotic so I picked bits without personal details, signatures and all that crap around:

okay, well send me an invoice for the blue laser and if you have a 1 watt green laser that is still in tem00 and doesn't look like the size of a baseball at 20 meters away I would like to purchase that as well. Thanks for letting me know this in advance. You are an honest and professional company. (Font has changed during Copy/Past process-it wasn't me)

Yes these lasers are stil available if are not stated like sold on our web.
    About green modules witch are now available these have worse quality of beam.
    But blue are ok with good quality beam.
    These modules are CNI used units and we not provide any warranty.

Hi Luke
    Attached is proforma invoice.
    I gived you and additional discount for green laser modul because the worse beam.
    I hope you will be satisfied.
    Thanks a lot

Ok, now there are two powers stated on that page. First is what power it was supposed to be when it was delivered from CNI to KVANT as new unit (original). Second power is what KVANT measured on power meter before the sale. Simple as that.
    I am not sure if you can expect an old CNI module to produce reasonable output - probably not - and that's why it was sold without any warranty.

What is still not clear to me is why Luke when not satisfied didn't contact KVANT straight away. This deal happend around 5th of March - 9 months ago!!!

As far as KVANT is concerned everything happend correctly and IF anything was wrong it was supposed to be pointed at ages ago.

My personall opinion is slightly different but that doesn't metter any more as I have no power to influence this. As I set at the start, you can talk to Dusan Navara.

I would like to appology to Dream Beamz for me being seen as manufacturer - I am not quite sure how that happend or where I indicated that, but sorry.
    Also I was probably bit rough in my PM's which was simply reaction to too straightforward approach from someone who is not my customer - I like words Please and Thank you as well (that's how I saw it at the time).

However, from now on PLEASE do not contact me in cases of technical issues with KVANT's equipment UNLESS you are my direct customer.

Thanks!

I've been following this thread for a couple of days, and the thing i notice first and foremost, is a lack of coherent communication. I'm still not sure what the problem is, even though it has been stated numerous times.

so, Dream and Pelosh, if you would explain your viewpoints in a bullet list, one statement/idea per bullet, i feel it would establish a common ground for people to go on.

aside from that, "as-is" is the same as "Caveat emptor". that's why it's not called "used and working" or "new" or "like new".

but seriously, enough talking in circles. i understand that you're pissed, i just want to understand WHY you're pissed.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    ......What is still not clear to me is why Luke when not satisfied didn't contact KVANT straight away. This deal happend around 5th of March - 9 months ago!!!.........

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    Hi there, I am Luke. The reason I did not contact anyone was because I had no idea the laser was doing less than the "actual output" I also had no idea it was spewing IR. George is the one who had this laser properly tested only recently and he is the one who discovered the true nature of it's output. I just assumed you guys correctly tested and advertised your lasers. Measuring lasers properly should be a skill had by those who sell lasers. I appreciate your empathy for my wave of bad luck with laser module purchases. It truly has turned me away from projectors.
    Please re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    I've been following this thread for a couple of days, and the thing i notice first and foremost, is a lack of coherent communication. I'm still not sure what the problem is, even though it has been stated numerous times.

so, Dream and Pelosh, if you would explain your viewpoints in a bullet list, one statement/idea per bullet, i feel it would establish a common ground for people to go on.

aside from that, "as-is" is the same as "Caveat emptor". that's why it's not called "used and working" or "new" or "like new".

but seriously, enough talking in circles. i understand that you're pissed, i just want to understand WHY you're pissed.
    -Its obvious KVANT (not Pelosh) ripped off yobresal with the sale of a bogus never 500mw laser that was labeled as one but never one. The only way this laser will make 500mw of blue is with a much larger power supply, a better crystal set and a higher power diode.
    -KVANT's used item policy is actually way worse than Laserworld's
    -Pelosh's response via PM was less than favorable. Sadly He did not recognize this and posted all of the PM's for all to see making him look not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    Please re-read.
    that may prove too difficult for him, it looks as if he wiped his hands clean of this one. I cant blame him really

I will contact KVANT with the email address pelosh provided and let them know of my intentions of sending it to CNI for them to let me know what this laser is. If they can at least provide a receipt from when they purchased this laser from CNI saying it was bought as a 500mw then they could rid themselves of most bad intentions. The only thing left is why such a good company did not check for extra IR

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    The only way this laser will make 500mw of blue is with a much larger power supply, a better crystal set and a higher power diode.
    Incorrect... The same model ( which you have ) is for powers of 150mw thru 600mw
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/