Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fs: Laserman532 quad kit!

Very sexy (though I'm guessing my missus wouldn't agree)!

When the 12x 405s are available that's potentially a 2W beastie.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Very interesting!!! Nice build!!!

Before I spend allot of money I do have some questions,

1. How are the diodes isolated? because if they are poor isolated and you try to turn the diode you will kill it when it make connection.

2. What is the MEASUERED reflectance of red on thoses mirrors (there are allot crap mirrors available and loosing more than 10% of power is very common)

3. what is the measured reflectance and pass trough of the PBS (if its a laserwave then I know enough)

4. Is it available without the mirror mounts, and PBS

5. how much margin do you have when fixing the AIXIS diode mounts. If I remember well the Aixis got a 20mm diameter, my high quality lenses are 19mm diameter (0,6mRad 1,2x2,2mm beam) and I would like to use my own diode mounts.

thank you.
    Thank you for your questions and they are good ones

1- I use the appropriate size gap filling Silicon - Pad thermal / isolating insulator. Rotation is a tad more difficult, but isolation and thermal transfer are mil spec industry standards

2- I am not impressed with the mirrors too much... "functional" describes them better than "optimal". It is a starting point so one can get to work. Should you choose to implement better optics for better performance, I would recommend that. Chart is attached.

3- PBS cubes are the standard ones offered by CT Lasers. Technical data of their performance may be obtained from them.

4- I will be selling the holders on www.microlaserlabs.com however they are not listed there yet. The baseplate is a problem because it was precision machined to accommodate these components using these optics.

5- The holes in the module clamps are .5" diameter without gap filling sil-pad material. They can be placed in a vice and re drilled up to about .575 without interference with the clamping screws.

And because you asked such excellent questions I am SLASHING the price of the completed module as described in original post to $320.00!

Please NO MORE GOOD QUESTIONS!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Wow! Pat, nice work, that looks awesome!

Please NO MORE GOOD QUESTIONS!
    When's the 8 diode model going to be ready?

Whoops, forgot to add the reflectance chart for the Enhanced Aluminum Mirrors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fig5_34.gif  

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Wow! Pat, nice work, that looks awesome!

When's the 8 diode model going to be ready?

my new product the OCTOMOM will be coming down the pike soon.

for those of you not in the us...google OCTOMOM...she has fantastic lips!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Very sexy! And those small mounts are even more adapted than the one I built for my quad.

It could be a great start for a "not so expensive" 600mW 642nm

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Very sexy! And those small mounts are even more adapted than the one I built for my quad.

It could be a great start for a "not so expensive" 600mW 642nm
    you hit it right...its a great start...you have built one so you have first hand experience how difficult it is to make the parts to this level. If you have all the time in the world and all the necessary equipment at your disposal, you could build one cheaper. Or you could open a package from me and put light out that afternoon. My kits are what they are...kits.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

do you have any shots of these populated with running diodes? i'm impatient!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    you hit it right...its a great start...you have built one so you have first hand experience how difficult it is to make the parts to this level. If you have all the time in the world and all the necessary equipment at your disposal, you could build one cheaper. Or you could open a package from me and put light out that afternoon. My kits are what they are...kits.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    do you have any shots of these populated with running diodes? i'm impatient!

Im just about ready to place an order but would love to see this product in action too before i buy
    If at first you don't succeed..... Cheat!!!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i ordered one this morning... just being impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus-X View Post
    Im just about ready to place an order but would love to see this product in action too before i buy
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.