Thread: using gnuradio for controlling analog lasers...

Default using gnuradio for controlling analog lasers...

Hi there,

Has anyone tried using gnuradio to drive galvos? I have a basic sine wave working now, it looks like a pretty good start. The gnuradio toolset seems to have a bunch of built in things which might make this the ideal tool for making pretty displays, including things like AM modulation of audio streams into patterns, compression of input audio streams/FFT signals.. as well as a pretty good collection of signal processing tools.

I don't know about building a ILD parser. It should be possible. If anyone is interested in working on something like this, drop me a line. I will contribute to open source software, however, will not contribute to commercial software projects.

Thanks,
    -3ric
    3ricj AT shmoo DOT com

I am sure it will work fine. However given its capabilities you may want to use it to digitally control the galvos instead. With the really high sampling rate and output rates it should really make a nice platform for doing so. You could ditch the traditional galvo amp and make them auto tune themselves or tune them from your computer instead of twiddling with pots.

How much does a GNU radio set of hardware run?