Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenometer Laser power meter

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to take a look at that. Always wanted to have that function on this power meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Yes that is something that could easily be done. One of my original Kenometer customers is looking to upgrade to pc connectivity. However if all your looking at doing is reporting a 1mv/mw voltage reading, a digital multimeter with pc connectivity would do it just as well. You can find one on ebay for around $70

As daniel above said it's pretty simple to do. However, it is important to turn OFF the other display when connecting to the DMM as the additional load skews the readings.
    Hi Ken. Will my kenometer have a display switch?

Also, how much would it cost you to put in 4mm "banana" sockets for multimeter leads, so I don't have to open it up when i want to do some data logging?

Thanks
    Rob

edit:
    Some sockets like this would be ideal:
    Clicky

to have probes and a switch added would cost a measly $20

screen shot video of the Pro model. Still havn't mapped the box as far as wehre everything goes. Just wanted you all to see what we've got so far.

Kenometer Pro estimated retail cost $450
    Kenometer USB estimated retail cost $250

Does the Kenom USB have to be used with a PC, or can it be used standalone still just as a meter? IS it only for the logging you need a PC, or for any sort of readout?

I'm looking for a cheap meter to do my MPE calcs with, but the Laserbee isn't powerful enough for my projectors. But I don't really need logging function (yet!)

Thanks

I believe that you need a Pc to see measurements, but I also think that ken has 1 more "kenometer lights" as someone from LPF upgraded to a pro. They can measure up to 10W, so should be good for you

Rob

the usb is my lite version now. It does not have onboard viewing and does require a PC. The usb version does show on screen readout of the power output and is not just for graphing alone.

I was building a meter with just a panel display, but given what these new ones are capable of, I've pretty much decided to steer clear of the cheaper meters and only go with these 2 versions. However, I will entertain on a case by case basis, individual inquires into a simple panel type meter. So, if you really want one, send me a PM and we'll discuss it.

to be honestly i dont want to hear any more info on the specs until you answer the question on price

The Price for the Kenometer USB will be $250
    Price for the Kenometer Pro will be $450.

When I do finally release the meters for sale, I will have a special for the first ten buyers that will save them $50 off a Pro.

cool thanks
    and i must say for what it can do of thats a damn good price

thanks
    john