Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Optical Breadboards

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

please take some photos or time lapse video

i'm going to do a little blog about the project and i'd love to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by greanbeam View Post
    I just made a program for 2x3 for kicks, cycle time is about 1 hour on the machine. Of course this doesnt include setup
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    please take some photos or time lapse video

i'm going to do a little blog about the project and i'd love to include it.

I'll snap a few pictures of the process and upload a video, make it nice.

After the first batch you guys can give feedback and I'd possibly do future group buys. I would like to keep the rates at hobbyist prices for the future, after the first batch I will have a clear idea of what is fair to me and customers. We are slow at the machine shop and the cnc isn't running all day like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Holy COW! Thats < .50 per hole drilled and tapped...I was thinking more on the lines of $1.00 per hole. That is a great price especially if they will make them custom lengths and widths.

EDIT: if you look at the one for SUGEEK it was 10-32 on half inch centers...

For Reference: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...chmentid=12932
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I can also do any type of hole spacing, although more holes would be slightly more expensive. I can also do any type of thread.

I extended the group buy to laserpointerforums.

im definitely interested, just waiting on my enclosure so i can get the dimensions

can you also do smaller plates for mounting heads to? they would only need like 8 holes (4 for the head 4 to attach to the bigger plate)

i am SOOO in on this!!!

when are you looking to get all this done by? i need to come up with some dimensions. Is more than one ok??

GREAT prices!!! holy CRAP!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    im definitely interested, just waiting on my enclosure so i can get the dimensions

can you also do smaller plates for mounting heads to? they would only need like 8 holes (4 for the head 4 to attach to the bigger plate)
    you ought to just do it your self...that is too much setup for 8 holes. just centerpunch it and hand drill and tap.

The one that I chopped up for sugeek was part of a 2' x 4' 10-32 holes on half inch centers, THats 2300 holes drilled and tapped. I preferred 1/2 inch centers cause you could shove more crap in a smaller box..sound familiar?
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Marc, you can order as many as you want. I would just prefer they would all be the same size for setup purposes. But if not, not a big problem. PM me your dimensions and quantity.

I want to get at least 5 larger orders before I do the work.

There is no time frame. I am flexible. I could do this next week or next month, just a matter of getting enough people together to make this economically sensible for me.

Count me in!

I'd probably be interested in two plates (maybe 10" x 16" ??) Let me know when you're ready and I'll nail down the dimensions.

I'm still trying to figure out what thread and hole pattern.

the powder coating idea . would this not cause issues with earth bonding ?