Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dichro comparisation thread

@greenalien

I have some with 1/2" diameter for standard mirrormounts, but no 15mm (I think only 1/2" and 1" is standard??)

but it is possible to glue the flat 20x10 mm dichro to each holder....

I'll have to do some measuring, to see how these might fit. I'll be dismantling my laser over the weekend to finally fit the scansafe board, so I'll do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by vakuum View Post
    thanks for your testing Maurice!

I think your results are very exactly because I measure the SwissLas Dichros with only about 0.3% differences then you.
    So you can measure!! :-)

@greenalien

The price for the Swisslas Dichros is 59CHF (you have to take the Export price without VAT) this is higher then all other dichros, but if the efficience is 2times or 6times bether, I think the price is not the problem.

according the wavelengths: the dichros are made for: 405, 445, 473, 532, 642, 658nm
    Highest efficiences are at: 445, 532, 642 because this are the most important wavelengths for us.
    so and according this test you see that 473, and 658 (652)nm are very good too!

kind regards
    SwissLas

Thank you for providing me those very nice dichroics!

Are you PBS also that good? I have now about 10% loss on my current pbs on passtrough.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Vacuum - are the Swisslas dichros available in other sizes - the website only lists 10 x 20mm. At present, I'm using the laserwave 15mm diameter circular dichros from the original group buy in 2008, so already have mountings for these. If there were 15mm circular dichros available from Swisslas that would fit my mounts, I'd be very interested.

Me too!!
    I have used these mounts in one of the RGB's and I find these are much more stable compared to the lab style mounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biegehalter (2).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Are you PBS also that good? I have now about 10% loss on my current pbs on passtrough.
    yes our SwissLas PBS are very good too! With our PBS you will have a total efficience of 98-99%

we have two kinds:
    red: 640-660nm
    blue: 445nm (not usable for 405nm)

we also have very good scanner-mirrors with 98-99.8% efficience from 400-670nm and a angle of 30-60° (this is for 60° scannangle)

Mccarrot:

Thanks for the test.

Vakuum:

I am also interested in your dichros if they are available in circular 1" sizes, that can fit my gimbal mounts. If you do, how much are they?

Vacuum - I have measured my existing dichros, and they are definitely 15mm, so 1/2 inch would be way too small. I like my existing, micro-adjust mounts and don't want to change them. Also gluing 10 x 20 mm dichros over the front wouldn't be satisfactory.

I would be interested in some 15mm circular ones, if you ever decide to make a batch I'm sure you'd find other takers!

@greenalien

sorry it makes no sense to make 100 pieces of 15mm filters for red AND blue dicros for perhaps 5 or 10 peoples who have this non standard 15mm holders

perhaps I will do 1" dicros because this is standard but no 15mm sorry.

If you don't want to glue them to your holder directly you can glue them on a 15mm diameter metal-ring...

Quote Originally Posted by vakuum View Post
    @greenalien

sorry it makes no sense to make 100 pieces of 15mm filters for red AND blue dicros for perhaps 5 or 10 peoples who have this non standard 15mm holders

perhaps I will do 1" dicros because this is standard but no 15mm sorry.

If you don't want to glue them to your holder directly you can glue them on a 15mm diameter metal-ring...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...LAID=266879101
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I've just spotted something interesting whilst on the SwissLas website.

SwissLas address;
    Pilgerstrasse 21
    CH-5405 Baden-Dättwil
    Switzerland

Laserworld address;
    Laserworld AG
    c/o SwissLas Braun & Güller
    Pilgerstrasse 21
    CH-5405 Baden-Dättwil

Can anyone shed any light on this strange commonality???